Author Topic: Shopping for my lady.  (Read 2555 times)

Offline Andy

Shopping for my lady.
« on: November 16, 2009, 01:10:44 am »
I just learned that my lady does not have a heater in her place. It is rather cold on winter time. I want to buy her a heater, but I want to find a store in China who sell it. I wish to buy it online then ship it to her locally. Does anyone done something like this? Is there an online electronic store I can use?

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
RE: Shopping for my lady.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 02:03:42 am »
Andy , nothing is impossible , but as China is a large backyard what area are we talking about , regards Ying and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline chen yan

• http://chenyan19851010.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 02:53:21 am »
Andy, go to www.gome.com.cn ,This is the biggest and reliable electronic shopping center, you can see it every city in China.And you can choose the city from website where you lady lives, you can pay by your creditcard or transfer money to their bank account, As I know ,They only accept visa and other China bank card .they will delivery it to your lady's house.More information pls call their free tel.
Love ,Joy ,Peace~

shaun

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 06:26:55 am »
Chan Yen,

Does the gome.com site have an English link?

Thank you,

gangster man :icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Andy

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 10:23:12 am »
Quote from: 'chen yan' pid='22969' dateline='1258358001'

Andy, go to www.gome.com.cn ,This is the biggest and reliable electronic shopping center, you can see it every city in China.And you can choose the city from website where you lady lives, you can pay by your creditcard or transfer money to their bank account, As I know ,They only accept visa and other China bank card .they will delivery it to your lady's house.More information pls call their free tel.

Thanks for the link. I will try to translate the site. He he... wish me good luck.

brett

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 10:35:40 am »
Actually, I don't want to threadjack, but are there any other sites who deliver stuff to china but would take an order from elsewhere in the World? I wanted to send my lady some amazon.cn gift tokens and stuff, but sadly the site is only in Chinese. Yes I know about the flower/chocolates sites but my lady is not rich and I would like to send her something more useful.

And yes, indoor heating appears rare in China, my lady showed me some great pictures of her family indoors, wearing coats and scarfs!!! They even drank beer to keep warm, even though it made all their faces red :blush:.

David5o

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 11:55:14 am »
Just Add the Google Page Translate add- onto your tool bar, the page is then automatically translated from Chinese to English

David....

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 06:53:36 am »
Greetings Brothers,

Andy can I perhaps make  an alternate suggestion?  Why not just send her the money by western union?  Just give them her full name and phone number and give her the amount and the transit control number and she can go buy her heater herself.

Any department store in China sells heaters for relatively cheap.  You can buy one that looks like a radiator heater for under 300yuan and there are wall mounted ones that are also airconditioners for summer for not much more than that.  Also she can get the money within half an hour of you sending her the details, so It may be faster this way.  Plus if she gets the one thats also an air conditioner it will help her during the heat of summer also.  1000rmb is roughly 160 dollars Canadian so not a massive amount by our standards and she can certainly buy an excellent heater/air conditioner with that and perhaps something nice for herself.

It saves teh hassle of on line shopping and hoping for delivery etc.  Plus she can get one that most easliy meets her needs.  Yes I know the advice of not sending her money but if you are sending a heater whats the difference.  Assuming the translator is legit of course, but even then without the lady's ID no one can steal the money anyway.  The chinese are most meticulous about handing out money and they will examine everything to ensure the right person gets the money.

Anyway just a thought that might make it easier for both of you.  I sent Zhen money by western union several times and never had an issue with teh translator or western union and she always got her money whenever she went to get it   no grief and no issues.

Regards,

Zhen and Brian

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 08:58:58 am »
Andy , having just talked to Ying , she bought one yesterday and bartered it down to 200 yuan and it sure is big , like a 16 inch fan in size , and thats only 40 Aussie dollars , a much better gift than chocolates as it is getting cold there , regards Ying and Robert
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Andy

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 10:28:34 am »
Thanks for the help. I think sending money with western union is a good idea. My lady is very independent and I am sure to have a hell of a convincing to do. Last week I tried to buy her a laptop after three hours of QQ it end up in a still mate. "we talk about later".

brett

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 11:21:26 am »
Yes, sending money to your lady is a bit of an issue for them, so tread carefully! They do value their independence.

Offline RegnisTheGreat

• www.secretasianman.ca
    • http://www.secretasianman.ca
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 08:56:58 pm »
Honestly, from my experience in Beijing and Shanghai. You can buy stuff cheaper online in China and have it delivered then going to a store.

shaun

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 11:46:24 pm »
I do not understand some things about shopping for your lady.  Tonight I was talking with Peggy.  She was noticeably cold.  Blowing into her hands, wearing a coat and a sweater, and drinking coffee.  I asked her if she had a heater.  She said no too expensive.  I asked her if electricity was expensive, she said no. I asked her if she could have a heater where she lived. She told me not to buy one for her that the winter did not last long in southern China that she was alright. I told her I didn't like to see her cold.  She said she was OK.  Do I drop it or should I look anyway?

Offline maxx

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 11:57:24 pm »
She lives in Gaungzghou right.It can get a little cold there.Buy her the heater suprize her.Be ready for the ripping your going to get.For wasting the money on her.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 12:06:50 am »
Finished talking with my wife on web cam and she was wearing a sweater jacket indoors. At 11C in Shenzhen not cold by my standards, but then the humidity there does add to the cold. Calgary reached 11C today so I guess it is good training for her in case her visa comes soon. Still no news on the waiting fron for us.

Just wait untill she experiences the deep -20C to -30C days here
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 12:07:48 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances