Author Topic: General Thread For This and That!!....  (Read 135631 times)

Offline zook144

Re: General Thread For This and That!!....
« Reply #765 on: October 05, 2011, 09:19:28 pm »
Thanks Guys
But if it only takes about 7 days from the time Guangzhou receives the packet, they must be behind. Because it has been much longer than that, since I received the letter telling me it had been sent to Guanzhou. Maybe i had better look into it.

don
The Journey Is The Destination

Offline shaun

« Reply #766 on: October 05, 2011, 09:20:46 pm »
Dang Gerry.  You're living vicariously.  Hope your get better soon.  That fried %()@ on a stick is something to pass by.

Offline zook144

« Reply #767 on: October 05, 2011, 10:00:12 pm »
Thanks, Robert
I will send them an email and see what happens.

don

Arnold

« Reply #768 on: October 05, 2011, 11:46:23 pm »
As Qing and Brother would say .. if the Place is NOT full of People .. don't eat there . They must have reasons and it's not always just BAD food . She even applies this when we go out .. here .
Being Picky and Chinese Food don't really go together very well , unless one has a Stomach of Steel .

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #769 on: October 06, 2011, 02:01:26 am »
Gerry , may even be the Peanut Butter we had a big recall about a year ago where a hell of a lot of people were sick and some in a bad way just from Peanut Butter especially during hot weather .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #770 on: October 06, 2011, 07:57:14 am »
I don't know what caused it but what ever it is, it is potent.  My fever is still swinging between 100.4 and 100.8. My head feels like its in a vice and when I cough or sneeze I think the top of my head will come off. I am on the verge of throwing up. I wish I had some pain medication and some sleeping pills.

My body is loaded with 60 years worth of antibodies from America but they don't do a bit of good in China.
Because of the heat and humidity, food will spoil much sooner here. And there is bacteria everywhere. There are about a million people riding the subway holding on to the supports that keep you from falling down. And twice that many people riding the bus.

I am not a paranoid clean freak but I am becoming one. I have had several bouts with gastric attacks. A boil in my ear and a skin infection on my nose. All caused by touching something contaminated then touching my face or using my finger to clear my ear . So I have some disinfectant towels in my pocket and I try to avoid touching my face when I am out of the house.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #771 on: October 06, 2011, 08:26:12 am »
So far I have been Lucky I guess.  In my 29 months here only had one day where stomach was iffy (probably beer rather than food). Maybe the result of more than 40 years of my own cooking has given me  some sort of immunity.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline zook144

« Reply #772 on: October 06, 2011, 01:10:12 pm »
Well,  I finally found on the website where it takes about 3months for the paperwork to get from US to Goungzhou. Then about 7 days for them to mail papers to LiLi.  So I guess I have another month to wait.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #773 on: October 28, 2011, 07:52:49 am »
I am on the threshold of a significant scientific discovery.

I am getting close. I need to work on the proof a little, but here is my theory.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #774 on: October 28, 2011, 10:10:55 am »
This looks remarkably proficient. I agree, you are on to something. Just a hint though, I don't see the Constant "SNAFU" anywhere in your formula!
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #775 on: October 30, 2011, 05:08:45 pm »
Ron

Without wishing to get contentious...or, in fact to Rain on Your Parade...I must point out that you are making a fundamental Statistical error in considering the use of the Constant "SNAFU" in respect of any  calculated Performance outcomes made by ANY Government Department...from Whatever Country.

The application of "SNAFU, as a fixed negative Constant to any performance equation is unsafe...it is a negative constant and can only lead to a single outcome...ie, 2 negatives = 1 positive, whilst a negative and a positive mostly yield a negative. The outcome of 2 negatives is not desirable when Government Outcomes are viewed by the Public...positive results are unheard of.

This is far too definitive for Government work. Their Statistical reporting needs to clearly reflect the Target Audience and the result they wish to portray.

For instance, when reporting to Parliamentary (Congressional) Committees, they need to always adopt a perceived positive outcome...it is necessary to do this when defending a rat-sh*t performance, to seek additional Staff or to justify huge expenditures and/or pay rises....But, I stress here that there are no other circumstances that require Public Sector analysts to declare positive outcomes...it is against their religion.

Similary, when reporting to the media, they need to show superhuman effort has been made 100% of the time with outstanding outcomes for all endeavors.

And yet, they also need to maintain a rock-solid negative posture to compensate for any remote possibility of face to face interaction with the clients (us) they theoretically work for.........

Thus "SNAFU" as a constant is practically useless, it is, after all a Constant and thus is totally abhorrent to Public Sector heirarchies, as mentioned above, the only Constant in their World is lifetime job security, endless pay-rises and minimal work output. To apply "Constant" to any part of their performance equation is contentious, unsafe and Statistically misleading.

What has become the modern thinking in Public Sector reporting, is the application of "Finagles" Constant. This is a unique Statistical Driver invented by the Public Sector to more clearly give wriggle room in appropriate Key Performance Indicators.

What, I hear you ask, is so special/different about "Finagles" Constant.......

Well, this little statistic miracle is entirely unique in that it is a VARIABLE CONSTANT....ie it can be applied to modify the practical outcome of any performance standard to exactly fit with the needs of the Statistic in whatever forum it is being debated...............

Thus, in Pineaus excellent example, if left to a normal iterative decay, the outcomes very closely descend to infinite loops...but not quite close enough for Government work, there is still a little room for a random, microscopic statistical positive outcome (extremely small, I grant you but nevertheless it is there and would be of considerable embarrassment to Public Servants were it to leak out in General Statistical outcomes)

Thus, the application of Finagles Constant to the outcome formulaes, more clearly pushes them in the right direction, dependant on the target audience....and in fact, the application of Finagles Constant actually mandates the infinite loop outcome that is the Key Driver of Public Sector Performance Standards...QED !!!

I am sure you will not mind my highjacking your statistical Theory here, I just wanted to set the record straight

;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 05:32:08 pm by David E »

Offline shaun

« Reply #776 on: October 30, 2011, 08:18:54 pm »
Then of course you have the BS factor that enters the equation.  In order to more fully understand the BS factor and how to factor it refer to the post above.  :o

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #777 on: October 30, 2011, 09:41:01 pm »
It made my head hurt so gave up halfway!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #778 on: October 30, 2011, 11:20:02 pm »
It made my head hurt so gave up halfway!

Willy

Wow, I didn't get past the first sentence!

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #779 on: October 30, 2011, 11:27:41 pm »
I agree with Willy (wow that is twice in a couple of posts).......now for a Bex and a lay down.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.