Author Topic: General Thread For This and That!!....  (Read 135629 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: General Thread For This and That!!....
« Reply #960 on: October 09, 2012, 06:54:35 am »

...I can cheer myself up when I can get back to bashing you know who's. 8)

Willy

I wonder if he means me?.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ha ha. since when has a ME been a you know WHO's - Plural that is Robbie. ;D

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #961 on: October 11, 2012, 04:53:13 am »
Interesting reading ,

Matchmaker ordered to refund 150,000-yuan fee
Updated: 2012-10-10 21:03
 ( chinadaily.com.cn)

Comments(0) Print Mail Large Medium  Small

A court in Beijing has upheld a ruling that a matchmaking agency must return a woman’s 150,000 yuan ($23,835) service fee because the company failed to provide satisfactory service, Beijing Times reported.

The matchmaking agency signed a service contract with a woman surnamed Bao on March 30, 2011, charging her 186,000 yuan for introducing her to men who met her criteria. The contract specified that it would provide matchmaking services to Bao until she found a companion, even if the three-month service period expired before then.

On Jun 29, 2011, Bao signed a service-termination statement in which Bao said “I am satisfied with Wang, introduced by the agency, and agree to be in a relationship with him. Therefore no further service is needed. I hereby seek to terminate the service”.

However, in November 2011, Bao sued the agency for fraud, claiming that the information that the agency provided her about Wang was not accurate.

Bao asked the agency to return the entire service fee.

The matchmaking center argued its innocence by presenting the letter signed by Bao in which she agreed to meet Wang, and also Wang’s original documents, including his ID card, divorce certificate, driver’s license and property-ownership certificate.

At Bao’s request, the court appointed a forensic center to identify the meeting-arrangement letter. The center’s analysis found that Bao’s signature had been forged.

The court then ruled that the agency should return 150,000 yuan to Bao.

The agency appealed to Beijing No 2 Intermediate People’s Court, which upheld the original judgment on Oct 8.

Related Stories

Bachelors seek love from billboard ad 2012-08-30 07:39

'Double Happiness' for China's matchmaking firms 2012-06-21 13:08
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

• Board Moderator
« Reply #962 on: October 11, 2012, 06:39:04 pm »
I know there is already a thread for this but I cant find it.

I was looking for something skype like to load on my  android cell phone  so I or any of my relatives can be reached from China via china mobile cell phone.

I tried skype once beofre and it was terrible sounding. Very poor quality.

I downloaded a couple more and they all sucked. All knds of setup problems and restrictions. Then I took a look at the magic jack website and behold they have an Android magicjack application. Wow. I have always had good luck with my three magic jack hardware devices so I took a chance. I went to the google store and clicked on the download button. A few minutes later I checked my phone it was already installed and ready to use. a minute later I was talking to my sister in Oklahoma on my China mobile cell phone absolutely free. (its free because I already own a magic jack device)
This is amazing. I wish someone had told me about it before!

I have Skype set up and the telephone system works ok for me and since Skype was bought by Microsoft there has been an improvement in service.

They have provided me, for a small annual fee, a London telephone number which connects to me anywhere I happen to be  in the World.  That means people can call the London number at a low or even free rate (according to time of day there) and get put through to me here.  People who are calling on business have no idea that they are talking to someone 6000 miles away!

The same system is available for most countries and delivering of it is not restricted in China. I keep in touch with not only family and friends but also business contacts throughout the UK for just a few GB Pounds a year.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #963 on: October 16, 2012, 08:41:03 pm »
I have Skype running on my phone...a Samsung Galaxy S II (Android operating system).  I use it on WiFi, and on the 3G network.  Sometimes it craps out, but for the most part, it works great.  I would never get a phone now that could not run Skype.

Offline shaun

« Reply #964 on: October 19, 2012, 05:44:05 pm »
Someone explain to me how using Skype on a Android phone works.  Can I then use my cellphone in China without all of the excessive fees?

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #965 on: October 19, 2012, 10:29:40 pm »
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=skype+for+android

I have tried it twice on my Samsung galaxy and the quality was so poor I could not use it.  But give it a try maybe it will work batter on your phone.

For now I am satisfied with the magicjack app that I also got from google play store.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #966 on: October 24, 2012, 10:34:55 am »
The only way to avoid heavy fees would be to use WiFi, or get a local Sim card with internet on it.  I use my Skype all the time on my Samsung, and the quality is great for the most part...gets shady when my phone signal starts to weaken.

Offline Pineau

• Board Moderator
    • Youtube
« Reply #967 on: October 26, 2012, 08:50:42 am »
Ok. yesterday I gave skype another try. (third time)

It works great this time. Its not free though except for calls from other skype users. A land line or cell phone that does not have skype will cost me 1.9 cents a minute.  Not terrible.

I cant get incoming calls from anyone not using skype unless I purchase (actually lease) a skype number for 60 USD a year. Almost terrible.
I will keep using it when I have trouble with my magic jack. Which is 19.95 a year for unlimited calls.

So I guess the answer is Yes skype works on an android phone and this time it worked very well.  But it is still not free.
If someone know how to get a skype number and make international calls free, l please speak up.

Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #968 on: October 26, 2012, 11:49:37 am »
Must be because its on your phone... my skype is on computer I call willy in china everyday and does not cost anything...or he calls me
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline shaun

« Reply #969 on: October 26, 2012, 05:08:17 pm »
Interesting confession there Rob.  What do you call him?

Arnold

« Reply #970 on: October 26, 2012, 05:50:16 pm »
mmmmmh.... They call each other "Everyday" and Willy comes visiting often to see the old "Pal" (even with Wife in tow), now this sounds like when I first started with Chnlove. I wonder what "Agency" Rob is with and did he had to pay a hefty price to join? Meeting fee's.... man this got to cost a fortune!

Offline Pineau

• Board Moderator
    • Youtube
« Reply #971 on: October 26, 2012, 07:38:28 pm »
Rob
Skype to skype calls are free on the computer or the phone. Its connecting to non skype folks that cost money.  I don't think I can convince my mom to learn computerese at the age of 85 so it would be better if i had a skype number she could call like a regular telephone. That will cost 60 USD a year.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #972 on: October 27, 2012, 03:16:32 am »
I pay Skype 8.40 GB Pounds a quarter and that allows me to call any landline in the UK without further charge.  Plus they also provide me with a London number so that anyone in the UK can call that number as either a free call or at an nominal price.   I can also call cell phones and I have a small amount with them for this but after making any such calls to cellphones the balance hardly goes down.

I run my business based in London from here in China and no one who calls realises that they are talking to someone in China.  If I call someone in the UK then my London Number shows up as my ID.

I would not do without it.   It keeps me in contact with both family, friends and my customers.

When my computer is turned off then they can leave voice mail and I can call them back.  Although my family and friends will know that we are 8 hours ahead of them.

When I do visit the UK the Skype number stays with me so my UK business cards always show the London number.  In fact it will get to me wherever I am in the World.

Being able to take advantage of Skype was one of the reasons that my initial 6 weeks visit to China turned into 3 years plus.

I started on a 3 monthly contract and if I changed to a yearly one then it would cost far less but I cannot bother to change it.  Besides I think they deserve more money as without Skype I would not have stayed and found myself the perfect wife.

Willy
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 03:18:27 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #973 on: October 27, 2012, 05:28:48 am »
Now Now guys..get your head out of the gutter !!! >:( >:( >:( ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

• Board Moderator
« Reply #974 on: October 27, 2012, 08:40:54 am »
I wonder what "Agency" Rob is with and did he had to pay a hefty price to join? Meeting fee's.... man this got to cost a fortune!
Hefty fees??? He pays a little here a little there.  But maybe everything is not so little with our Robbie - that I do not know.  But I know a few women who could tell me so.

Have you ever heard the phrase Little Big Man.  That sums him up perfectly they say. :o

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner