Author Topic: Chinese "Green" Card  (Read 6897 times)

David5o

RE: Chinese "Green" Card
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2009, 06:51:10 am »
Paul,

There you go..... having a wifes brother as a senior judge in your pocket, is just about as good as you can get ...hahaha!!

Yes, i understand about your wife's situation, somewhat similar to Lucy's situation, she has also travelled outside of China for the later part of her life with various companies on business. In fact she is still travelling now, but mainly around eastern Europe and Germany. But seeing that she has always worked, and for sometime in goverment positions in the past, and is due a pension from the state. I don't see why it should be stolen from her, just because she marries a foreigner, so it's better in her pocket than in theirs is what we say!!! ...lol!!!

Maybe you can find out from your brother-in-law if he can put you in touch with such a guy, (Fixer) i know it would help a lot of the brothers here, when they find themselves in a catch 22 situation.

David.....

Paul Todd

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2009, 11:02:40 pm »
David, I don't know if having him in my pocket is the way I would describe it! hehe hehe The first time we met I had the distinct impression of being judged, that look and the feeling of the condemned man was very strong indeed! After all I do come from Liverpool where the saying is " What do you call a Liverpool lad in a suit?.....the accused! "
He lives in another province and as is the Chinese way his young daughter is living with her grandmother. I go round to their house regularly to give her English lessons and I'm sure this gets back to him. So no harm there then!:angel:

David5o

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2009, 07:14:29 am »
Paul,

Your dead right there, keeping him sweet can do you no harm at all!!  lol!! He'll probably be considered the head of the family right now, So couple that with his official position, and you'll have the stern ''I'm Important'' face syndrome. I'm sure your not going to be intimidated by his initial demure towards you. I'm sure JimB got the same initial treatment from his high ranking security police brother-in-law, when they first met....

He'll know that his sister and Mum is happy with you and all about what your doing for his own daughter, Mum will be keeping him well informed that's for sure!! ...lol!!

And if you as a Liverpudlian (is that how it's spelt? ..haha!!) can't find away around him, your letting your roots down, ....Big time!! ...haha!!..

David.....

Offline David K

• Yan Wang xxxx
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2009, 01:58:42 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='23576' dateline='1258802737'

Mike,

I really don't know how or what these guys do to get the Visa's. I know personally of a colleague that got his spouse visa for New Zealand in a little over 2.5 months, they had been married at the time about 4 or 5 months. They actually received the visa while they were still in China.

As i said , first job is to find a ''GOOD Fixer, and let him tell you what he can and can't achieve and what he needs from you to process a Spouse visa for Canada.....

David.....
Nothing Real can be threatened; nothing unreal exists

ttwjr32

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2009, 10:49:23 am »
its the small things you do that keeps you in good graces with everyone

Paul Todd

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2009, 10:16:56 pm »
David,
he's the youngest in the family and Oh yes where good friends now.:angel:  He came to visit a few weeks ago and I walked into the living room and found him with his feet up on the sofa. He immediately jumped up and look very embarrassed about this. I assured him that "my" home was his, but he didn't put his feet up again. Before he left he insisted that we had our pictures taken together. his arm around my shoulder and such. Hope there not for Interpol !:icon_cheesygrin:
Ted, your so right!
I was lucky enough to marry into a tight knit and loving family so I actively look for things I can do for them. Its the least I can do for all the kindness they've shown me.