Author Topic: Kaiping News  (Read 11330 times)

Offline RegnisTheGreat

• www.secretasianman.ca
    • http://www.secretasianman.ca
RE: Kaiping News
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2009, 11:26:09 am »
Chong, you are a go getter. Get her done with and back to Canada! When you are back I'll maybe swing by TO and meet you guys (and take you out for dumplings).

Offline RegnisTheGreat

• www.secretasianman.ca
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2009, 02:29:44 pm »
Yes! Toronto, how about it Chong? Martin too if we can get him. BBU 2010? (Big Brotherhood Union 2010?)

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2009, 03:13:31 pm »
Quote from: 'RegnisTheGreat' pid='26593' dateline='1262028584'

Yes! Toronto, how about it Chong? Martin too if we can get him. BBU 2010? (Big Brotherhood Union 2010?)

I'm in depending on when that happens to be.  I have a feeling it's not going to be before CNY though. :)
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Arnold

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2009, 06:15:30 pm »
Chong , you know ... I have alway's wished you the same happiness ... I and many other's here share with there found Angel . You had your big downs here with us and to see it come to such a wonderful Marriage for you and Sunny , I can do nothing but smile for you both . May everything else go as well and enjoy the coming year .

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2009, 07:41:42 am »
Now the race is on to see which of us gets to bring our wife through Pearson Airport first.

And I am giving my RSVP for the BBU 2010.  I'm in!

Offline RegnisTheGreat

• www.secretasianman.ca
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2009, 09:42:43 am »
Mike, no way. I will be the last. Have not even gotten married it or done visit #1.

Chong: If someone is divorced, does the process on the China side take longer? And if so, how much longer? And how much more should someone expected to pay?

Arnold

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2009, 11:11:17 am »
Regnis , Qing was divorced and all it took was ONE extra Notarized Paper for us and a small Fee for that . I don't see that as much of a problem .

Offline RegnisTheGreat

• www.secretasianman.ca
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2009, 11:12:45 am »
My bad, I should've been more clear. What if you are divorced as the husband/foreigner? Besides the Certificate of No Impediment for marriage. Is there anything additional for the immigration?

ttwjr32

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2009, 12:49:27 pm »
i think that is all that is needed by the chinese govt
 no matter what country you are from. i needed it and
 willy needed it. so i think its all the same

Arnold

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2009, 01:19:35 pm »
Yes , that's it . If your Wife passed away .. a Death Cert. ( original not a Copy ) is needed .

David5o

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2009, 01:27:20 pm »
There is always the other route, if your living in China for argument's sake. But then you have to be resident in China for 21 days, and then wait another 21 days for the banns being posted at your countries embassy/consulate. So you will have to factor in, a total of 42 days prior to getting married, or should i say registering your marriage to get your little red books.....

David....

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2009, 02:21:33 pm »
Regnis...I was previously married, and was divorced.  The only thing you need is your Single Certificate (Certificate of marriageability).  Once you are married in China, the immigration process is the same.  There is something on the app that you have to list your previous wife, and how long you were together (dates).  If you have children, they will also have to be listed somewhere on the app as well.

Offline maxx

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2009, 06:46:43 pm »
David 50 that is just for you Brits.Us Americans and Janadians can jump off the plane and go down and get the red book withen a couple of hours.As long as we have all the paperwork completed.Ed, Nik Or Arnold can explain it in alot more detail then I can.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2009, 07:23:59 pm »
Regnis,

Not to worry about being first or last.  Just let the others go first...especially where immigration is involved.  Then they can help you when you (or I) find the one...and we won't have to go through the trial and error they went through...
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

David5o

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2009, 09:48:46 am »
Max,

Anyone that has all there documentation can marry (in theory straight off the plane) as and when they please, even us Brits lol!!. I was talking about those that are living there or spending an extended period of time there....

If you haven't got a a single certificate, then your not going to be able to be able to jump off the plane and marry!!! As i said above, in that case you need to be in the country for a minimum of 21 days to go the other route. I can't qualify the other 21 days, as your system maybe different, but i'm pretty sure some time lapse will be involved!!

David.....
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 09:49:34 am by David5o »