Author Topic: Once you have the Visa  (Read 8391 times)

shaun

RE: Once you have the Visa
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2010, 05:21:12 am »
Yes, but I do not have Frenchie to make the strudel...  It can't be just any strudel.  I mean if Newkirk made it what would it taste like?   Dynamite?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 05:22:24 am by shaun »

shaun

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2010, 10:51:03 pm »
Before I start.  Maxx, no I did not re-ready this thread.  I haven't the time to right now.

I know this started with a different visa but it kind of relates.

Today I was given the opportunity to purchase the store next door to mine.  They are not ding well and right now with my new location I am doing much better.  My partner suggested that I get it and put my scrubs in it and get other female clothing from China and turn it over to Peggy.  Since I will be next door we will be able to overcome language difficulties as they occur.  I kind of like the idea.

My question is this.  If she came here with a ready made company for her would this speed up the time for her to be approved?  Is it worth even trying, for a business visa?

Shaun

Offline maxx

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2010, 01:27:39 am »
Shaun not sure what re-ready means.But to answear your question.I would talk to a immagration attourney.My thinking on this.And my own opinion on this.Is lets say your lady doe's get a buissness visa.When you file the papers for the CR visa or the fiancee vissa.Your lady will have to go back to China and waite out the process.That is how the law is written.A good immagration attourney may know a loop hole in the law I don't

The more I think about it the more sure I'm.That you should talk to a attourney.The initial consultation is ussually free.And here is another thing you mite ask the attourney.How long is the wate on the Buissnes visa.It may make more since for you to run the store.And just apply for the Fiancee visa or the Cr visa.

When I did this my attourney told me under no circumstances was I to try and Change which visa I was applying for.My attourney said it was like starting all over again.And all I was doing by switching visa's was adding more time.

shaun

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2010, 06:05:16 am »
Maxx,

I was trying to answer a question before you asked.  But I do value your opinion. I will call someone.

David5o

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2010, 05:10:46 pm »
Shaun,

Business visa's are very much like a tourist visa, except that there purpose is for business, so they are very much temporary, and limited in duration. Great to get your lady over for a visit, but not much else, and certainly not to run a small business in America. I'm pretty sure she would need a green card or similar to do that.....

I'd stick to the Spouse visa, but there's nothing to stop you bringing her over on visits if she can prove that she has a business, and preferably an export business.
Business visa's are normally granted by the commercial sections of embassy's/consulates rather than the immigration section...

David...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 06:13:50 pm by David5o »

shaun

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2010, 06:41:15 pm »
David,

Thanks for your info.  I have met a Chinese couple who live here and run and export business from America.  They are both Chinese nationals.  He does not speak English and she does fairly well.  They have an internet business and a store in the same market where my store is.  I have asked her several questions including do you know someone who can teach me English.  They are supposedly looking for someone.  Some questions are met with a blank look and I don't understand.  One of those is when I asked how it came that they were able to move to the US.  I do know that they have brought other families over too and the ones I have talked to have the same response.

Bottom line is that they have moved to the US and started businesses on some kind of Visa and they are not willing to share with me how it came to pass.  So, I know there is a way just do not know where to turn to find it or about it. :huh:

I am not saying this is what we should do but at this stage of the game I want to look at every possible option.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 06:42:26 pm by shaun »

David5o

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2010, 07:20:00 pm »
Shaun,

Sounds to me as they've come over via the back door...lol!!  Maybe they have a relative working in the immigration dept at one of the consulates that's pulling strings for them. Or maybe have gone thru a ''Fixer'' who has contacts at one of your consulates.  Either way, your not going to get much out of them, they've been told not to say anything, and they Won't!!!  hahaha!!

David...

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2010, 09:23:55 pm »
Hey Shaun , when you mentioned the other couple it maybe that they came in on special business visa's ie; they had enough capital to invest in America therefore they jump to the head of the queue , works the same here in Australia , so therefore one goes into the export - import trade from the U.S not the import - export trade , a suttle difference , maybe then Peggy goes into the export business from China - lots of reading for you on the Government websites ha ha .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

David5o

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2010, 09:33:45 pm »
RobertBfrom aust,

They have or had a similar scheme in Canada, where they had to invest a minimum of i think 500,000 dollars and employ a minimum number of employee's within 24 months of the Visa being issued....

With that sort of money in hand, why would the Chinese go to the States, or Canada when they can live like lord and lady muck in China!! ...lol!!!  

Another reason they are in the States is that they come up trumps with the Green Card lottery scheme!! ...it's a possibility !!!!

David....

shaun

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2010, 10:59:36 pm »
There are at least 5 couples in our area that I know of that both are Chinese.  Two of them I understand.  They are nuclear engineers with one of the nuclear power plants in the area.  We have 4 reactors and will soon have 8.  The other 3 families I do not know how they got here.  And this is my small world of influence.