Author Topic: Once you have the Visa  (Read 8400 times)

shaun

Once you have the Visa
« on: December 05, 2009, 07:12:22 pm »
I am thinking about all of my options as usual.  I that most of the men after marrying their wife go back home and wait for the great visa meeting that will take place in about 1 year.  Then finally the day comes and your wife can  then move to the country of her husband.

As I consider all my options I cannot imagine myself living half way around the earth waiting fort my bride to finally come home. I just do not think it is in me to do that.

I know you have to prove that you make at least $20,000 a year in America before they will let her go.

So I have 2 questions.

1. If you are not working in America at the time of Visa then is there another way like proof of a job offer or having a certain amount of available cash?

2. How long can one wait in China before they leave to the US?  I there time limit on the exit?

Shaun

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
RE: Once you have the Visa
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 08:12:41 pm »
Good questions Shaun.  I like where your mind is at.  I have no answers, but they're interesting questions.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline maxx

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 12:34:21 am »
Shaun if your retired your income from your retirment has to be over 20 thousand a year.You will have to fill out a financial statment and supply supporting documents.For the last three years.

If I remember correctly the ladies visa is good for 6 months after.The date it is issued.

shaun

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 07:49:20 am »
Maxx,

Thanks,  

This is why you get paid the big bucks.  You have the knowledge.  This will put a real kink in my plans as would like to live there 2 years before I bring her back here.  I want to develop a export business while I am there so we can travel back and forth freely.  Since I cannot own a Chinese company I am telling Peggy she will have to own it so she will have to pay me at least $20,000USD.  :icon_cheesygrin:

Now that is something I can have fun with.

Shaun

Vince G

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 09:27:47 am »
Shaun, I'll be doing something similar. In my case I'll hold the patent but I think the business officials will be someone else?

shaun

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 10:34:31 am »
Vince,

David 5o was the one who enlightened me on this. If your wife owns the business, he ability to enter other countries becomes much easier.

Shaun

Offline maxx

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 10:34:59 am »
Shaun I don't know if you want to work for a Chinese woman.They can be pretty ruthless sometimes.

You are right Peggy will have to own the company.What you can do is be a business partner.Even though you will be living abroad you still have to pay income tax.So with your retirement and the money from the import business.You should be ok.

All the government is looking for is that the lady doesn't end up on public assistance.If push comes to shove you can get a co sponsor.All the co sponsor does is sign the paper.Saying that they will help support the lady.So she doesn't  have to file for public assistance.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 10:47:43 am by maxx »

shaun

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 10:39:10 am »
Maxx,

Now that you mention it I remember something about a co sponsor.  I do not think it will be a problem.  I have a great family too.

Shaun

ttwjr32

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 05:24:11 pm »
so the co sponsor is a family member?

Offline maxx

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 06:05:04 pm »
Ted it doesn't have to be.It can be anybody you know.They just have to make above the minnimum requirements stated by immagration.

rockycoon

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 07:20:24 pm »
If your retired on Social Security, how are you suppose to make 20,000 a year? Unless you own a big business, it isn't happening.  Even a second job at Wally world as a greeter don't make that much.  It would appear that a co-sponser is unfortuantly the only way to go in this case.
Another Question, What if you own a small business, does that count? and for how long do you have to make 20,000 after she is here?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 07:22:30 pm by rockycoon »

Offline maxx

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 08:25:21 pm »
if you own a small business yes it counts any income you can show proof of counts.

You don't have to make any money after your lady is here and you have adjusted your ladies status.Your lady is not eligible for public assistance.If she or you apply for public assistance.For her she will be denied.Any medical bills any legal bills.You are responsible for.If you can not pay the your ladies bills.They will start proceedings against you to collect the money.You are the sponsor of record.

How long does this last? five years.After five years the lady is eligable for public assistance.I don't know if immagration will come after you.For the money for any public assistance.I'm thinking they will.Because you are the the regersterd sponser

ttwjr32

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 05:00:32 am »
my concern was that when we decide to go back to the usa
  i wont have a job because i have been living in china for 5 years
  think it might be a problem for us???

shaun

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 07:27:22 am »
Ted,

Excellent question. This is one of the things I have been thinking about the last 2 days.

One answer is sponsorship but there has to be another.    O Wise men?

Shaun

Offline maxx

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 11:39:18 am »
The only answer guys is the sponsor.The sponoer can be anybody that makes over x amount of dollars for the last three years.All the sponsor is doing is saying that your lady will not apply for public assistance.The sponsor doesn't have to live with you and the wife or even be related to you or the wife.(It Does help if the sponsor is related to you)

all immagration is looking for is the lady doesn't end up on welfare.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 11:40:34 am by maxx »