Author Topic: Going to school in the USA  (Read 1642 times)

shaun

Going to school in the USA
« on: December 11, 2009, 11:36:10 am »
I am not sure if this question had been asked so if it has please forgive me.

Peggy has been telling me that she want to move to the US.  I think her sister has put her up to it since at first she wanted to stay in China and I left the subject alone.

Peggy is 46. To get here here quicker would it be possible to get her here on a student visa?  If so do we need to look for schools that have specific credentials and accreditation.  Does she have to go to a university or can she go to a religious school or even the 1st school of Shaun?  My mother has a music studio where she teaches piano and organ.  Would it be possible for her to attend there?  If the answer is yes the should we in the process just happen to hit it off and get married.  Would that be an issues?

Does anyone know or have heard of someone doing something like this?

I like having options.  If this was a good way to go it would be option 2 if option 1 did not work.

Shaun

ttwjr32

RE: Going to school in the USA
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 04:29:58 pm »
Shaun,

i dont believe that is an option for the two of you.
i will be at the usa consulate on monday for some
issues i need to get clear and i will ask someone there
about that. but i do believe it is for students continuing
their education after high school or as someone i know here
who is a doctor they went for 3 moths for observation of new
procedures at yale hospital.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 05:22:12 pm »
I think her sister has put her up to it since at first she wanted to stay in China and I left the subject alone.
I know this is a small break from the subject matter, but my brother in law is doing the same thing to my wife.  She wants to stay in China, but he is telling her to come to Canada.

Sorry, I can't say anything about your question, because I do not know.

Offline maxx

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 06:21:13 pm »
Shaun do not be fooling around with U.S. immigration.Do not get you and or Peggy black listed before you even get started.I have told you.If you decide to go threw with this wild idea.Remember there is nothing I a lawyer or your congressman can do to fix this after you have screwed this up and got you and Peggy blacklisted.

Ok that is my answer.The official answer is yes if she has started training or learning in whatever field she has chosen.She will need a letter of invitation from the school or university.She will have to show proof that she can support herself.And that her English is good enough to understand the instructor and the other students.

If for some reason she meets a man and they get married she will have to return to China.And Waite the visa process.Immigration will revoke her student visa.

The easier way for you to do it is get Peggy a Business visa.By that I mean sell her your store to her or have her buy a interest in the store then she can travel back and forth.On the Buisness visa.

shaun

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 06:37:17 pm »
Quote from: 'maxx' pid='25238' dateline='1260573673'

Shaun do not be fooling around with U.S. immigration.Do not get you and or Peggy black listed before you even get started.I have told you.If you decide to go threw with this wild idea.Remember there is nothing I a lawyer or your congressman can do to fix this after you have screwed this up and got you and Peggy blacklisted.

Ok that is my answer.The official answer is yes if she has started training or learning in whatever field she has chosen.She will need a letter of invitation from the school or university.She will have to show proof that she can support herself.And that her English is good enough to understand the instructor and the other students.

If for some reason she meets a man and they get married she will have to return to China.And Waite the visa process.Immigration will revoke her student visa.

The easier way for you to do it is get Peggy a Business visa.By that I mean sell her your store to her or have her buy a interest in the store then she can travel back and forth.On the Buisness visa.

Maxx,

Thanks for your answer.  I do not intend to screw things up.  This is why I am asking questions.  I am looking at all of the options; considering each point as I go.

Shaun

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 07:28:47 pm »
My Chinese teacher told me that in order for her to apply for a Student Visa in Canada, she has to prove she can support herself by having 100,000 yuan in her bank for one year prior to applying.  And in Canada foreign students pay up to 3 times as much to enroll in classes as Canadian students.
...as irresistible as chocolate