Author Topic: Meeting mY girl Mei  (Read 12864 times)

Shane

RE: Meeting mY girl Mei
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2009, 10:29:52 am »
:D ty vince i let out a small sigh of relief anyway lol

Paul Todd

« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2009, 12:08:49 pm »
Hi Vince,
 This was always my angle. If you have a 100 guy's all writing individual letters it takes time to answer them, and in business time is money. With follow up letters pointing out inconsistencies this spirals out of control for the office, more time more money. They may send out one letter to us all to begin with but as the campaign gathers pace it becomes a real head ache and the costs keep rising. It's just a numbers game. After a few weeks the next stage would be to find a hungry local journalist looking for a story and give him all the correspondence, or better still let the agency know that this is an option your considering! After all I'm sure no one here expected them to put up there hands and admit there wrong doing straight away!
 The thing that troubles me is the unfair pressure they can apply to the lady in question,just to try and cover themselves. So,in this instance and to protect the lady. This may not be the right course of action. Please, try your letter and let see how it goes. You have my support. Thanks for putting up with me guy's.

Vince G

« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2009, 12:42:54 pm »
Quote from: 'Paul Todd' pid='2871' dateline='1242317329'
The thing that troubles me is the unfair pressure they can apply to the lady in question

This is why one letter as a group. I don't care (I would put this in) for a response, it won't mean anything anyway. Just let them know that WE ALL know the game and we aren't going to play it. This way there aren't any ladies names in there for them to put pressure on they can put the pressure on the agencies instead. Like I said before, if we say we will walk we have to do that. So we need to come up with a way to show we mean business.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 12:43:45 pm by Vince G »

Offline maxx

« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2009, 10:32:48 pm »
Shane that letter looks ok.Go ahead and go with it see where it leads.

Offline davidaquincy

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2009, 09:02:12 am »
Dear David,

How are you? I'm very glad to hear from your again, sincerely hope everything is fine with you. ;-)

David, I understood your concern currently. As you have noticed, Chnlove is cooperating with the agencies that provide direct service to the ladies. As a communication platform, we do not get involved in the operation of each agency. According to our policy, the agencies should deliver the EMF mails AS-IS to the ladies. And the money collected from each EMF letter mainly goes to the agency for the work they do, including delivery services, consultation services, as well as translation services if needed.

Depending on the ladies' situation, there can be different methods for the agencies to deliver your letters to the ladies. For example, the ladies can go to the agency and read your letter with the help of the translator. Or, the translators can forward the letters (original, translated or both) to the ladies by email if they have computer and access to internet. Fax can be used as well if it is convenient for the ladies. Sometimes when the ladies are very busy or for other occasions, the translators can even deliver the letters on phone.

Anyway, for what method is adopted, and whether English and translated version is needed can be decided by the ladies. If you would like to find out your lady's situation on this, you may have a check with her personally. To know more about how our EMF mail works, you may have a look at:
http://www.chnlove.com/help/emf.php

David, I can see you are a very caring and considerate gentleman. I understand to develop a nice relationship, there might be some unexpected hardship for us to go through, thus every chance is to be valued. As you are such a sincere customer, I believe the lady who deserves your love must be the happiest one, and I truly hope you will find that special lady earlier. And if I could be any assistance, please feel free to let me know. I will always do all my best to help you.

Thanks again for your support to our service. Please feel free to let us know if you have additional question or concern. We'll be glad to help our sincere clients.

Have a nice weekend!

Kind regards,
Sherry Chu
Chnlove Customer Care

This is the response from customer care. I am still battling with them. In the mean time. Mei and I have been talking everyday. I got home on Sunday. I took my laptop around so she could see my home. She was very happy to see everything in my life. Things are going well with us. Its almost like we are starting over. I have been sending the letters to her that she never got. I am learning a lot about her that I never knew.  Wish me luck guys and thanks for all your input on my trip.

David Quincy

Offline Chong

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2009, 09:25:19 am »
That's a BULLSHIT response, according to that link ...

... "The ChnLove service provider (CL agency) will deliver your mail "As-Is" to the lady. If she encounters any difficulties when reading your mail, free translation service will be provided for her, helping her understand the content fully and correctly"...

So where was the help ???  Where was the Free Agency Translation ???  So why did she need to get her friend to translate ???
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 09:26:31 am by Chong »

Vince G

« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2009, 10:25:44 am »
So according to them it's the ladies fault. "the translators can forward the letters (original, translated or both)" AND WE CHOOSE NEITHER? So this is the ladies fault for not telling them which way she wanted to receive the letter? That's what I'm reading? Back to the org. posting, Breach of Contract. They did not fulfill the service contracted.

Offline Ed W

« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2009, 07:18:15 am »
It sounds like the best choice was removing the agency from the mix. This is just so beyond belief. It's great things are recovering and heading down the right track now.  It sounds like this agency needs to be on the 10 most avoided list.

David, my wife and I get on QQ video calls and although we don't talk a whole lot, due to our lack of language skills in each others, but we are constantly shoving lines through google translate. There's a lot of value in just hearing her laugh or seeing her body language during the calls. It works fine if you keep the sentences short since google translate has trouble with longer, more complexed ones. I split up my writing in translated and un-translated english since often times she'l write down words she's not familiar with and look them up. I know she tries hard to learn english so it's a matter of time. Not sure if your lady is learning english or if her skills are better than my wifes but it seems like you two are getting over this very unfortunate situation.

Best of luck to you David. It's sad your trip was filled with so much confusion since it really should have been the most unforgettable experience of your life. Perhaps it will build a stronger relationship for you both.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline davidaquincy

« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2009, 04:19:38 pm »
Wow....I thought this story was pretty much over and done with.

Here is the update. Mei and I are no longer "together". I am still unsure of everything that happened when I came back to the US. It seemed she would try and talk with me on QQ. Then she just plain disappeared. I would send her several letters a week and wait on QQ for her many nights and days. She would show up 2 weeks letter and say hi. How are you? Very distant. I was planning on going back to China after the National Holiday. She asked me to meet her in Beijing. SHe wanted us to go to Beijing together. Then the disappear act again. This time 3 weeks. Finally I sent her letter and said I don't know why the disappearing act for weeks at a time. Please contact me asap so we can clarify the dates of me going to China. I would call her and try and talk with her but she just seemed distant. Buddy of mine at work has a Beijing wife. She would translate the letters to her every time so I know there was no missed communication. Finally I just called it off. She will say hi here and there on QQ. But really no contact.

I have since moved on. All this happened in May through the early part of July. I tried with CHNlove again but it seemed like I was getting nothing but responses from women in Chengdu. Corresponded with a two women there but could never get to the point of getting them to contact directly so basically I gave CHN up.

In the meantime I was checking out other websites. One I came across was China love match. I started talking with this girl Anny in late July early August. The one thing I noticed about that website was the women wanted cam and to talk immediately. most have yahoo, Msn and QQ of course. So we went to cam on talking through MSN after the first few initial conversations. There is a monthly charge not per letter. I think it is around 25-30US.

Since then I have been to China to visit Anny. She is from Xiamen. We spent a week together in Beijing after their National Holiday. We have already made plans for me to come back to China for 2 weeks for the Chinese New Year to meet her parents and such. We talk almost every night either on phone, cam or MSN. COuldn't be happier.

Sorry I haven't been around much lately to give my support to everyone that helped me but Anny keeps me busy. We are making plans for our future. I don't know if anyone will be around Hong Kong Feb. 7-11 or Xiamen Feb 11 - 20. I will be their during that time. Already have plane reservations and everything...hahaha. Made them the day I got back from my recent trip to see Anny. I would love to meet up have lunch dinner or whatever.

In the mean time I still keep up with everyone and comment here and there.

Good luck everyone!!

David

I guess I should update my picture from Mei to Anny...haha

Vince G

« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2009, 06:53:26 pm »
Well Dave, Good luck with Anny and keep in touch.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2009, 06:56:50 pm »
ditto what Vince says mate....Wondered why you disappeared for so long...

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2009, 08:14:26 pm »
Good to hear success - keep us posted with posts and pictures please.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Arnold

« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2009, 07:32:38 pm »
Really excited for you David , one that makes plans as soon as he get's back Home .... must be somewhat in Love ? Keep your Shoesole's on the ground though . :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin: