Author Topic: direct contact  (Read 4838 times)

Scottish_Rob

RE: direct contact
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 09:43:47 am »
Glad I could be of assistance mate.....

Good luck hope you get the answer you were waiting on.......but....be patient........lol :angel:

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 06:03:31 am »
Patience.  Psh!  I asked her to think about it and we can arrange a time to chat.  She chose tomorrow!  Wow.  :cool:
...as irresistible as chocolate

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 10:37:57 am »
Well that's her patient level.....lol
Truly mate good luck;)

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 05:59:59 am »
:heart::heart::heart:

Wow!  Um.  Wow!

I have some photos of my girl that make her look amazing.  I also have some untouched photos.  When I saw that beautiful smile today, I was blown away.  She is more beautiful in real than she is in her studio photos.  All giggles and laughing.  

We chatted on MSN for 45 minutes until the agency was closing.  I was a nervous wreck before but once we started talking I was fine.  The translator is a young girl and she kept encouraging my girl to flirt.  Unbelievable.  I can't wait to see her again.  

She asked if I want to come to China to work though.  We had never discussed this and I'll have to talk to her about it some more.  As an electrician I can work pretty much anywhere the laws of physics are the same but as an industrial electrician (which I enjoy) a big part of my job is talking to operators to figure out what the problems are.  I'd have to learn a heck of a lot more Chinese first.  Kind of a step back to go teach English (no offense Shark).  

:D:P
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2009, 08:17:40 am »
Sounds like she was sweet on her chocolate man, congratulations Neil, sounds like your headed down the right path.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2009, 09:37:26 am »
Congrats, Neil.  These ladies are amazing.  It is a tough path but anything worthwhile is never easy.  Patience is never easy to those of us used to  the  Microwave generation where everything is instantaneous.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Hajo

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2009, 11:44:39 pm »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='2708' dateline='1242153702'

Hajo and others, If the lady gives you her number and other contact info but says her english isn't good enough to talk on the phone? Believe it. If she sent her phone number, then she wants to show she's fulfilling the request but knows enough to not get embarrassed or get frustrated on the phone. Or have you be the same and give up because of.

Vince, I don't like to admit it but your are right again, haha! Yes, their english is not good, to say in a nice way :rolleyes:

I guess, I have been especially lucky with my lady. She is not good at her english. But we do a lot writing while "talking" on the phone. We did the first talk last week (3,5 hours with many laughs). I had expected 10 minutes or so for the first call!

Well I cannot say why but the ice has been broken rather quick. After the experience I had with Wei Yi I did not expect such fast development in a relationship. But yes, this one is "1 of a million" I think! But I must also say I am lucky with the translator, I talk to the translator on QQ. She supported me a lot! I think this one is just a lucky coincidence of any circumstances.

To get back to the phone. We do not much actual talking. We write a lot and then we try to say some of the sentences we write. It is easier for her to say the english sentences. But we have many laughs when I try the Chinese sentences :P  That is although one of the reasons I am not as active in the forum as I have been. Vicky is taking a lot of my time. But I won't miss it!!!

To put all together, I have been very lucky with this one. It depends always on the individual lady. Some give their trust faster then others. I told my lady that it was a good idea to know the voices and we needed some training to be able to communicate when I go their in August. As I said, I was lucky that she agreed to talk on the phone. But she was also nervous like hell as I called her the first time.

And if you get your lady on the the phone, do not *sigh*, she will think it is because of her lack of english! I did once, not because of her english, but because I was so far away from the lady with the beautyful voice. It takes a lot to explain such things when you do not speak the same language. So, be careful what you say!

I wish that more of you guys would have the same expierience! It´s the most wonderful thing ever happened to me!
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline Hans

• Once you go Asian you never go Caucasian
    • http://motpol.blogspot.com
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2009, 05:19:03 pm »
I have only been corresponding with my new lady for a couple of weeks but we have discussed phone contact and webcam (although not making any concrete plans yet). After being fooled once I don't want to take any chances this time, I want to see and hear her. I think it is a pretty basic demand to at least talk and be able to see the person you think you might want to marry one day. It's up to everyone to decide for themselves, of course. Personally I just can't see how it would pressure anyone to talk on the phone or watch each other for a few moments via a webcam. So what if she can't speak much English and you can't speak more than a few sentences in Chinese? It is what it is and it is certainly better than not even trying. If you are both interested in each other, this is what you should look forward to!  Being nervous about it, though, is completely natural.

Arnold

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2009, 01:01:18 am »
Hans , it's the different culture and upbringing . A simple Phone call might be nothing to you , but for her it might be something huge to overcome . Like you say'd , this is up to each Lady of course , but you must first know which one of the Lady's your writing to ? I myself , when younger was VERY shy about  talking on the Phone or even talking English to my Aunt , when I first came to the States . It took me two good year's to loosen up , to be comfortable talking English . That was me and I see it in many of these Women from China too . So this should NOT be your first concern at the beginning . Get to know her first and get her to loosen up ( open up ) and only then , if she hasn't suggested it already , do the phone and e-mail thing . That's only my thought , it's not written in stone , so think about it that way too .