Author Topic: Spelling and grammar  (Read 2710 times)

Offline Philip

Spelling and grammar
« on: May 13, 2009, 02:06:24 pm »
I confess to being a perfectionist (read anal) regarding the correct use of English. So I always notice spelling and grammar mistakes. I know that English is not the first language for some of you guys and your English is far better than my German/Swedish/Dutch. But seeing as we are writing our EMF letters in English, I offer my services as a spelling/grammar checker. I have noticed mistakes in some posts which don't matter to us, but if you require any help with the correct use of the apostrophe or anything like that, I would be happy to help you. Anything that supports a clearer understanding between us and our other halves can't be bad.
If you are interested, let me know. If not, tell me where to go. Hey, that rhymes;)
Alex

Arnold

RE: Spelling and grammar
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 01:34:32 am »
Alex , if my grammar and spelling was any better , Qing might not have married me ?
 Anyway's , that is a very nice suggestion from you . Hope it will come of much use . Thanks !
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 01:35:07 am by Arnold »

Offline thender5

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 01:39:30 am »
Alex, you're funny!  I enjoy reading these posts!  Hey, did I get the apostrophe right? Or is it correct? Or maybe the placement correct?:D

Offline stuart barlow

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 02:41:43 am »
High Alex
Nowt rong wif ah spelin an gramer!!!
High Alex
Nowt rong wif ah spelin an gramer!!!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 02:46:06 am by stuart barlow »

Vince G

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 12:52:55 pm »
Ah Oh! Stuart's stuck? Somebody give him a bump. Or put a penny on his head?

Shane

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 12:55:05 pm »
Lmao.. who cares about actual punctuation and grammer Is my ass back in school i asked for the spell check button.. install it or shut up ty :)
I'm sorry my brain works faster than my fingers. I am also sorry that someone has to offend others. Apperantly me,this was directed at.. I didn't not realize we were here for perfection. To be nice and watch out for each other. I will correct my mistakes if do post again in here. Thanks for pointing out my errors. As i do them quite often . I am human and not perfect.. when I approach your super star staus with this.Dont worry i will stop now take care guys maybe i'll read up later.As for NOW i wont be posting.Nice way to welcome the new guy !!!!!

Offline Peter

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 02:05:39 pm »
All of us miss-spellers are discriminated all the time....
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Martin

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 02:19:25 pm »

Peter, it is not because of your bad spelling...it is because you take unsuspecting people into Chinese spa's.  Don't think I have forgiven you for this!

Offline Peter

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 02:23:42 pm »
Quote from: 'Martin' pid='2884' dateline='1242325165'

Peter, it is not because of your bad spelling...it is because you take unsuspecting people into Chinese spa's.  Don't think I have forgiven you for this!

I will never forget the look on your face............. ^_^
:D
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Martin

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 02:26:44 pm »
I remember both of us trying to figure out why they gave us each a locker.  HAHAHAHAA

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 09:48:53 pm »
And it is because of Peter and Martin we know to avoid the spa LOL!!!!  I am suprised one of your girls didnt have a video camera.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 09:49:51 pm by Jadams79 »
Can't fix stupid.

Arnold

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 11:03:39 pm »
No , but I'm sure somebody had one . Hehehe
I didn't know they have Candid Camera in ChangSha , now I know !!! Can't wait for it to hit the TV screens .

Offline Norb Smith

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 12:15:22 pm »
Hey!!!! I think I heard that they are going to put it on a billboard like they did with Woody Harelson in the movie "Cowboy Way"...in Downtown Manhattan no less....and even maybe in Los Angles, and Miami.....lmao  O course I am sure Chong will make sure it makes the rounds in Canada
To have good neighbors, you need to be a good neighbor