Author Topic: From the Passport up.  (Read 6182 times)

shaun

From the Passport up.
« on: December 22, 2009, 11:04:13 pm »
I applied for my passport a few weeks ago.  Today I noticed that my check cleared for the passport.

Can I assume that since the check has been cashed that my passport will arrive soon?

Shaun

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I might list a few things needed to get your new wife a Visa to the US here.  I need a list to check to make sure I have everything.  So guys if I am missing something, post away.

G-325 A, Biographic Information document. You need 4 original forms with her original signature.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 09:54:01 pm by shaun »

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
RE: From the Passport up.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 11:17:33 pm »
Um...this cheque was sent to the government?  HAHAHA...Don't assume anything!

shaun

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 11:56:22 pm »
Gee,  Thanks! :icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 11:56:55 pm by shaun »

ttwjr32

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 01:07:17 am »
shaun,
when my check cleared i got my passport in 3 weeks
but of course that was 5 years ago

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 01:08:33 am »
You still use checks in the US?   The UK banks are phasing them out in the next year or so as hardly anyone uses them here nowadays.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

shaun

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 07:52:56 am »
Same here Willy but we are talking the US Government.  We can used the Post Office to apply for the passport but the only make sure the paperwork is correct, take a picture and send it to Washington DC.  The government still does the work.

I write a personal check maybe once a month or less.  Business wise I write a check for everything.  I could used debit but there is always a fee associated with the debit card in business.

Ted,  I hope you are not correct, it has been there 4 weeks already.  They said 3-6 that would be 7.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 09:00:49 am by shaun »

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 09:11:43 am »
I gotta give the Canadian Government a bit of a plug....normally I don't like to do this.  When i applied for my daughters passport this past spring, it took just under two weeks to get her passport.  I was absolutely blown away.  The Canadian Government specializes in dragging its feet.

David5o

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 12:43:00 pm »
Had to renew my passport last year. I phoned the UK embassy here for an application form, and it arrived the following day. Duly filled it all in and posted it the same day along with my expired passport. I received my new passport in 5 days. I could have gone to the embassy in Nicosia and received it the same day, but wasn't in any hurry this time. Another reason, the Nicosia traffic is absolute Madness during the day...lol!! (Not as Bad as in China i hasten to add..lol!!)

From what i can make out, The American passport system is somewhat antiquated compared to most other western countries, especially Europe

David.....
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 12:43:34 pm by David5o »

ttwjr32

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 01:04:26 pm »
i dont think you can get anything done in the USA
 in 5 days. when i got mine in 3 weeks people were
 amazed

Offline zook144

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 03:34:22 pm »
When I applied for my U.S. Passport about the middle of December of last year, it only took 5 days to receive it. Absolutely amazed me. I was told about 2 weeks when I filled out the paperwork at the Post Office.
Don
The Journey Is The Destination

shaun

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 04:31:20 pm »
Tomorrow is the 5 week mark.  Still not passport.

David5o

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 05:10:39 pm »
I reckon it's all down to your Homeland Security!! you must have set off some red flags ...and are now a suspicious character that needs checking out. So what have you been up too Shaun?? You can tell us mate....haha!!

David.....

shaun

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 07:24:31 pm »
Only talking with you guys and a couple of ladies in China.  So David, what do we really know about you?  Why are you living in exile from England?  Hmmm... When was the last time you were in China?   Hmmmm...

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 01:39:47 am »
But do you know that in the Pentagon or some other department there is someone whose sole task day in day out is to monitor this website.  As there are with thousands of other websites that have any connection with something Chinese..   The US spends millions on this.

They do the same in the UK but due to Gordon Brown cutbacks they make do with the cleaning woman doing it in her tea break!!!!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Vince G

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 07:24:47 am »
Shhhhiitttt!!!  I have to call the pentagon. Let them pay me? I'm here anyway.