Author Topic: Need a little technical advice.  (Read 1708 times)

Offline zook144

Need a little technical advice.
« on: December 26, 2009, 12:16:12 am »
Guys, I just had a terrible QQ session with my lady. I think part of it was my fault, because I had too much security turned on. I was finally able to see her camera feed, but it was usually frozen. The picture would change every so often, but then would freeze again for a few minutes. She seems to have no problem seeing my video. She is not good at English, so I am sure she was just as frustrated as I was. I am thinking it could be her internet is slow, or her computer is not fast enough for video. I finally told her I would send her an EMF. I suggested maybe she had a friend or someone at the agency that could look at her setup and see if everything is ok. She is trying real hard to communicate. She first bought some translation software, then a webcam, and is starting English classes in January. So I know she is really making an effort here. I feel kinda helpless because I can't explain to her why her camera and our talks aren't going well. By the way she is in Handan if that makes any difference as to her internet connection.
Anyone have any technical advice I could try to give her. I know a little about computers, but not enough apparently.
Any help appreciated.
Don
The Journey Is The Destination

Chet Sams

RE: Need a little technical advice.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 12:35:46 am »
I had this issue long ago on QQ. It was a lag on one end of the internet connections. Either her side or yours was lagging big time. I waited for about half an hour then i rolled fine again. It happens sometimes.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 12:36:12 am »
zook144 i had this problem with a lady I was chatting to and in the end we used skype and that worked fine instead.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Cam

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 02:54:06 am »
I had the same problem last week in Shanghai, it was just her end of the internet was slow for a few days and we were only 10 miles apart.

Offline Glenn5344

• Glenn
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 03:02:37 am »
Hi Zook, 99% of the time the Webcam issues (freezing up) is usually the internet is heavily subscribed or there is slow connections at one end or the other. You could try Skype, Yahoo Messanger, or MSN if QQ is slow on that night.

I hope it gets better and you can connect with your ladies cam.

Offline Danny

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 03:14:47 am »
We use Skype and it seems to work really well for us. We've never had any problems with it, and we use it on a daily basis.

Offline zook144

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 05:41:49 am »
Thanks guys,
I got a letter back from her this morning. They also say on that end they think it is slow internet. She doesn't have any other messenger service right now, but said she would have someone show her how to get Yahoo messenger if I wanted. So we may try that. I talked to her last weekend too, and it did the same thing on QQ. I had never had that problem before talking on QQ. Hopefully we will find one we can use successfully.
Thanks again for your input.
Hope everyone had a Wonderful Christmas and here's wishing you all a Happy New Year.
Don
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 05:42:48 am by zook144 »
The Journey Is The Destination

David5o

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 07:46:53 am »
Lucy and I have stopped using QQ messenger as a whole, for the last 3 months, when we talk to her parents and other family members. We now use Yahoo messenger, even though you can still get the same sort of problems at times, it's much easier/quicker to reconnect the webcam.

Yes, it is the internet traffic that is the major cause of this situation, so there's not much else you can really do about it. ....only to try and contact them at times that are going to be low traffic times, and that's easier said than done, due to the large time differences between us and them....

David.....

shaun

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 08:58:52 am »
Don,

We have the same issue on yahoo messenger.  You just learn to deal with it.  Sometimes her image goes away 3 or 4 times during the course of our conversation.  Until I get there and look at her computer this is the way it will have to be.