Author Topic: MAGIC jACK  (Read 966 times)

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
MAGIC jACK
« on: December 26, 2009, 02:11:37 pm »
I was given one for Christmas.  Just thought I would pass on what  I found out.  It does work.  You plug the phone jack into the usb port of your computer. Install the software that comes on the jack, this registers the unit and gives you your own individual phone number.  It includes unlimited local and national calls.  Just plug a regular phone in the jack.  Dial and make your calls.  You can receive calls, have voice mail, call forwarding etc.  Just 19.95 per year.  Pretty much like Skype.  However the big difference is that you can also register your cell phone on your account. This allows you to call internationally like China from your cellphone anywhere in the country for just .02 a minute.  Much more convenient than skype.  This way I do not have to be home or near a computer to make a call.  You dial an access number, then the number you want to call.  Quite a bit of dialing but I set my cell phone to automate it.  So when I want to call my wife, I just pick up my cell, push and hold 2 and talk to her.  I dont think you can beat a $1.20 for an hour of conversation.  There is no additional cell phone charges either.  Just like calling any number in the states.  There are extras you can buy, like your own phone number, etc.  I just took the free number and picked out my area code.  The voice mail will call your cell phone so you can listen to it.  Pretty slick for just $20 a year. It is also set up for 911. You must have broadband internet access. Will use anything but dial up.  A number of people have gotten rid of their regular phone line, paid for the same number and use this instead.  It will not give your number out. To find out more go to www.magicjack.com  just thought to pass it on.  It will not work calling the states from China though.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 02:16:40 pm by JimB »
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

David5o

RE: MAGIC jACK
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 02:34:31 pm »
JimB

But will it work from China, ...if you took a new one there and plugged it into the computer on the Chinese Internets???

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Update,

It seems as if you can take it overseas, according to the website above, but it needs to be registered in the US first. Then it says you can call the US from any country in the world. A good little Gizmo, shame it's only available for the US / Canada at the moment!!!!

David.....
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 03:04:43 pm by David5o »

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 03:22:24 pm »
For the Mac users it only works on the Intel's w/10.5

Offline RegnisTheGreat

• www.secretasianman.ca
    • http://www.secretasianman.ca
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 04:01:39 pm »
Of course, beware that it monitors all your internet activities on the computer it is installed on for data mining. Also all your calls! Enjoy!