Author Topic: Religion Thread  (Read 84645 times)

Offline JohnB

• the less traveled road has made all the difference
Re: Religion Thread
« Reply #465 on: January 26, 2013, 01:03:35 pm »
re: Jonathan Cahn's "YouTube"
watched the whole thing. my Saturday morning is decompression time. 
Cahn comes off like an over zealous Jewish Ronald Reagan, intermingling America, Israel, our Founding Fathers, New York's Ground Zero, the "Sycamore Tree", other associations of whatever, & the "Harbinger"...preaching down the stupid masses telling them how stupid they are.
the clip, except for the vociferous few, the few panned shots of the audience showed a lack of interest. I think a Romney audience would have been much more receptive.

Cahn- the "Harbinger: The Ancient Mystery That Holds the Secret of America's Future", Amazon- $9.03.
I would assume our Founding Fathers would be aghast by their long ago legal inoculation of religion, resulting in religion for sale- an American guaranteed freedom.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 01:12:28 pm by JohnB »

Offline David K

• Yan Wang xxxx
« Reply #466 on: February 09, 2013, 07:05:49 pm »
There is a God in China :)
Nothing Real can be threatened; nothing unreal exists

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #467 on: December 24, 2013, 04:47:54 pm »
We had a very interesting Bible study topic last Sunday.  I found out that Chinese astronomy has records that show a bright light or super nova appearing about the time Jesus was born!  I thought I would share the literature with those here who are interested. Sorry about the resolution, I had to reduce the file drastically so it would be able to load here.

Introduction

One of the most evocative images from any Christmas scene must be that of the Wise Men attending Jesus' birth, and the star hovering over where He was born. So what does the Bible really say about this event, and what does it actually mean for us today?

Vince G

« Reply #468 on: December 25, 2013, 12:56:55 pm »
Yes it has been written in more recent (20th century) times that it may have been the Halley's Comet that was seen. Judging but the time schedule of the comet, it would have been seen a few years before the noted birth (as written in the shared literature you attached). Hovering for months? I do not understand? They (Mary & Joseph) were not there for months?

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #469 on: December 25, 2013, 07:01:04 pm »
More recent research seems to suggest that the "star" could well have been Type 1C Hypernova originating in cluster M31 in the Andromeda Nebula. The parameters for it being Halleys Comet just dont fit.

Only a hypernova would have been visible to the naked eye and remain visible for some days if not weeks. Hubble has confirmed that the remanants of the event are still visible, although very faint now.

The event dates to about 6BCE, which accords to modern thinking about the date of Jesus' birth........

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #470 on: December 26, 2013, 12:31:16 am »
Keep in mind that the star wasn't an over night phenomenon. It was there long enough for three wise men to come from the east. How far from the east?

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #471 on: December 26, 2013, 07:57:52 am »
Another birthday is being honoured in China today!  That of Chairman Mao. I20 years since his birth.  TV is full of the celebrations on many channels.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,