Author Topic: Is time running out for Foreigner husbands?  (Read 2754 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Is time running out for Foreigner husbands?
« on: December 30, 2009, 11:52:28 pm »
China’s One Child Policy

Does this mean that time is running out for ‘foreigner’  men to marry Younger Chinese ladies in future years?

China has proclaimed that it will continue its one child policy, which limits couples to having one child, through the 2006-2010 five year planning period.
China's one child policy was established by Chinese leader Deng Xiaoping in 1979 to limit communist China's population growth. Although designated a "temporary measure," it continues a quarter-century after its establishment. The policy limits couples to one child. Fines, pressures to abort a pregnancy, and even forced sterilization accompanied second or subsequent pregnancies.
It is not an all-encompassing rule because it has always been restricted to ethnic Han Chinese living in urban areas. Citizens living in rural areas and minorities living in China are not subject to the law. However, the rule has been estimated to have reduced population growth in the country of 1.3 billion by as much as 300 million people over its first twenty years.
This rule has caused a disdain for female infants; abortion, neglect, abandonment, and even infanticide have been known to occur to female infants. The result of such Draconian family planning has resulted in the disparate ratio of 114 males for every 100 females . Normally, 105 males are naturally born for every 100 female.

Now that millions of sibling-less people in China are now young adults in or nearing their child-bearing years, a special provision allows millions of couples to have two children legally. If a couple is composed of two people without siblings, then they may have two children of their own, thus preventing too dramatic of a population decrease.

The Future of China's One Child Law
China's eleventh Five-Year Plan Period is from 2006 to 2010. Minister of the State Commission of Population and Family Planning Zhang Weiqing confirmed  that China's one child policy is consistent with the nation's plan for population growth and would continue indefinitely. He denied rumors that the policy become less stringent to permit a second child.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

rockycoon

RE: Is time running out for Foreigner husbands?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 02:38:49 am »
I have heard this willy, didn't clinton speak out about this in china not to long ago.  Seems I heard of people killing girls when born because they wanted boys only.  Is this still going on? thought they did away with this a few years back.  somthing about human rights....

Paul Todd

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 04:57:53 am »
Experts urge switch from one child policy
4/8/09

China needs to adjust its one-child family planning policy to fight a worsening gender imbalance and an aging population with too few children, experts said.    I think to properly adjust it during the twelfth five-year plan period (2011-2015) will be beneficial to both families and the whole society," said Yuan Xin, a professor with the Population and Development Institute of Tianjin-based Nankai University.
   China has 33.31 million more men than women among the population born during 1980-2000. The ratio of males to females at birth has kept rising since the 1980s. The normal range worldwide is 103 to 107 males born for every 100 females born. In China, that ratio reached 120.56 last year, Yuan said.
   Only Tibet has a normal male/female birth ratio. The ration in all other provinces and regions is skewed, and is most serious in Jiangxi, Anhui and Shaanxi provinces, he said.
   "This gender gap is unprecedented in the history of the populous countries in the world, and will continue to widen in the short term," he said.
    China launched its nationwide, one-child family planning policy in the 1970s. Though it prevented 400 million births, it has been criticized for leading to gender imbalance, a large elderly population and a scarcity of working-age people.
   "The country has successfully achieved the goal to prevent its population from growing too fast, which was set in its first population policy advocating 'one child for one couple'," Hu Angang, one of China's leading policy advisers, said in an article he published on the Economic Information Daily on Thursday.
   "From now on, we should launch a new population policy advocating 'two children for one couple', with the objective of preventing a rapidly aging population with too few children in the future.”
   Zhai Zhenwu, director of population and sociological studies at Renmin University in Beijing, agreed that the 30-year-old policy needs adjustment. The central government has already begun researching and drafting a new population policy, he said.

Looks like there waking up to the fact that the population is aging Willy . Currently in Shanghai, one in five people is a senior and in the next 10 years that estimate is expected to increase to a one to three ratio. There getting concerned about the availablity of the workforce and the impacts on the healthcare system its going to have too. By 2050, 24 percent of the population of this country will be over the age of 65. Thats a lot of non productive people to support. I saw the other day that the government is rolling out pension plans to rural ares now? There trying to guarantee everyone in the country with a pension now, that's going to cost a few yuan!
Rocky, yes its still going on. They did bring in a law against abortion based on gender though.

ttwjr32

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 04:28:13 am »
looks like things will change in the near future.
 having at least two i think would be good for
 the country. there are many other negative
 issues with the one child policy besides
 imbalance

shaun

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 08:02:21 am »
I at least hope this does not change.  I think as we move forward with the ability to communicate much easier that you will see more of this.  One either side it puts the opposite sex on notice saying we do not have to tolerate these attitudes.

As long as there is an internet and there are people willing to openly abuse the opposite sex that there will be a market for people to marry outside of their culture.

If you look at the women on blossoms.com you will see 3 main groups.  Asian, Hispanic, and Russian.  Do not know about Russian women but Asian and Hispanic women are oppressed and abused by men in their own culture.  As long as this persists the women will look elsewhere.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 08:43:51 am »
Russian ladies and culture are the same mate

David5o

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 08:58:15 am »
Rob,

No so true, one of the biggest reasons you are seing many Russian women on these sites, is because of the lack of suitable men. The lack of men is directly attribitable to Russia's invovlvment in the occupation of Afganistan. There losses in that campagin is the only reason they pulled out. The total losses no-one will probably ever know, but to say it was significant is a bloody understatment, ....they were vast!!! So that left a diminished number of marryable men, and also a big drop in childbirth, which they are still recovering from to this day.

I'm not saying this is the only reason, cause it's not, but it is, i would imagine one of the major reasons.....

David

• Board Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 01:17:58 am »
In the meantime - and with a shortage of foreigner men to go maybe we should think of taking two ladies each or 3 in some cases to ease their plight !!!!!!!!!!:icon_cheesygrin: :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_cheesygrin:
Me I can only keep up with one now.::huh:

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline maxx

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 01:32:18 am »
Willy it sounds like a good idea.Go ahead and tell your lady.What you plan to do.Then you can let us know how it goes after you get out of the hospital.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 01:39:41 am »
Quote from: 'maxx' pid='27046' dateline='1262413938'

Willy it sounds like a good idea.Go ahead and tell your lady.What you plan to do.Then you can let us know how it goes after you get out of the hospital.

No problem Maxx - (no fear of a Bobbett or whatever his name was).  
She liked it when I said 'Me I can only keep up with one now'.  
She reckons she is doing well for me and long may she keep it up.

Willy

I probably could have phrased that last sentence better!!!!
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 11:02:18 pm »
Authorities have not confirmed but western man mysteriously looses penis while sleeping, suspect Chinese wife cuts off foreign penis and feeds to mistress as dumplings >_<
Can't fix stupid.

Offline RegnisTheGreat

• www.secretasianman.ca
    • http://www.secretasianman.ca
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 03:31:08 am »
Nah, she would sell it to the "Guolizhuang Restaurant" for sure. Probably go for good money.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 05:47:11 am »
Quote from: 'Jadams79' pid='27156' dateline='1262491338'
Authorities have not confirmed but western man mysteriously looses penis while sleeping, suspect Chinese wife cuts off foreign penis and feeds to mistress as dumplings >_<

And the sad thing is the foreign man did not notice it gone until after the birth of the second child that occurred following the loss!!!!!!!

Willy

Thank God I am not married so It cannot be refering to me.:angel:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 09:35:20 am by Vince G »
Willy The Lpndoner

David5o

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2010, 07:21:54 am »
I don't know what everyone's worried about, there are always going to be Chinese ladies, and other foreign ladies wishing to have Western husbands. And that's going to continue till well after the youngest man here on the Forum is long dead and buried!!!

David.....