Author Topic: BBC: Reporters  (Read 3059 times)

David5o

RE: BBC: Reporters
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 10:21:12 am »
Basically, that's what came out of the BBC programme that was aired last week!!
The programme was based on revealing the mainly Asian gangs that were making money from other Asians and those from the Middle East, in Scam marriages.....

I think were the soft touch of Europe when it comes to these so called refugee's...
Why doesn't someone ever ask the question, If you are in fear of your life, why not cross over to a bordering country where your government have no control, why have you gone through umpteen countries and most countries in Europe to end up in the UK??   .....Well there is no reason, they are 99% economic refugees, that have no legal standing anywhere in the world.... How can these people be refugee's in an Island country thousands of miles away from their own country???...
It's a total Nonsense!!!

David.....
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 12:49:19 pm by David5o »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 10:43:46 am »
I have always said that I would rather live in China and be a foreigner rather than live in the City where I was born and be a foreigner!!!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Peter

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 03:24:30 pm »
What if you get married on the British Embassy in a foreign country ??? Formally you are in a British territory so you are getting married in the country.... ???????
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

David5o

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 03:33:45 pm »
Correct, ....but, and there's always a but,... All the rules of that country still applies!!
I'm not sure that Embassy's even conduct marriages these days, i know long ago in the past they did, but i'm really not sure if that's the case these days..

I'm sure if that was the case, everyone here would be going down that route!! ....Wouldn't They???

David.....

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 07:27:53 pm »
Well, speaking of all of this, it could be worse...right now in southern Italy (don't remember the city) there are daily riots because there are illegal immigrants who are just trying to make some money and the citizens are beating up on them (it's more in-depth than that, but that's the gist).

Mind you, I don't approve of either side's opinion or methods...
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

ttwjr32

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 01:04:04 am »
i dont believe they do this anymore do to the shear volumns of
 people applying

brett

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 06:30:21 am »
Some information for the UK brothers - the crack down on illegal immigrants coming over on student visas has been very successful as far as the authorities are concerned, so marriages are now the focus of attention. Let's hope it doesn't become a major election issue, although I guess by the time I get married I'll be in a pretty strong position to move elsewhere anyway :icon_cheesygrin:.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 08:11:07 am »
The crack down on students visa has long been overdue.   Where I lived in North London I knew of at least 5 'Colleges' that only consisted of a big flash signs outside the building and nothing in it at all.  And that was just one area, multiply that to all the other districts and there was a big problem.    Mind you the 'student' have mainly been from the Indian subcontinent.  

Marriages have always been looked at in case they are sham but, go with the system and you will not have problems although it will take a long time.  Try to short cut the system and you are likely to do something to mess up an application.    If everything is in order they have no reason to refuse.  If they do then you have good grounds for appeal.

You know very well if it becomes an election issue the party that brings it in will be accused of many things and as the UK stands at the moment which ever party does do so will lose hundreds of thousands votes, possibly millions from the different ethnic groups in UK.

But then election issues so often fall by the wayside once a party is in power as there main concern is to tighten their position of power in the first year or two and not to upset too many influential people who matter and the average elector is not in that group.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

ttwjr32

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2010, 10:06:10 am »
i just read were the USA has just started a new wing of law inforcement
 in regard to human trafficking i guess that is becoming a real problem so
 i wonder how that will effect  everyone trying to get their lady there