Author Topic: Canadian Visitor Visa  (Read 1521 times)

rcsingle1

Canadian Visitor Visa
« on: January 16, 2010, 12:32:11 pm »
Hello Canadian Brothers,

Just wondering if any of you have tried to get your wife to apply for the visitor visa to bring her to Canada? Then while here, do the paperwork for the Spousal Visa.
My wife has been calling immigration companies, and lawyers from around her area, and is CONVINCED, that she will not be able to come to Canada AT ALL, on either a visitor visa, or even if I applied for a spousal visa.
I know that they are strict about letting their people leave, but many Chinese are here on visitor visa's. Why can't she? I'll be supporting her stay.
When I was there last month, she wanted to come here quickly, so I have sent her paperwork for the vistor visa. Now, I am going to send her the paperwork for the spousal visa. Trying to cover all my bases.
She has become very discouraged, and is suggesting we not even try for any visa, and perhaps give up.
Thanks
RC

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
RE: Canadian Visitor Visa
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 01:11:15 pm »
RC...from what I have heard...CIC will refuse the visitor visa because you are married.  They will assume that once she arrives in Canada, she will not leave.  However, if she can prove why she must return to China, the odds go up in your favour.  For example, money in the bank..property...owning a business.

A spousal visa is the way she will get here.  What embassy in China will you be using?

My first trip over, I was talking to a Canadian guy on the phone.  He was from Winnipeg (poor guy).  His wife had been rejected twice to come over on a tourist visa.  It was because of my conversation with this guy, that I did not pursue a tourist visa.

rcsingle1

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 02:29:31 pm »
Quote from: 'Martin' pid='28354' dateline='1263665475'

What embassy in China will you be using?

Thanks Martin,
We'll be using the Canadian Consulate in Beijing if she applies. But, if she has no chance, I'll tell her not to bother, and send her the Spousal Visa paperwork this week.
What is also hampering us is the language barrier. We try our best at understanding each other on QQ with the translators.
I am thinking about asking a Chinese person here that I know to call her, and tell her to keep her hopes up. I know that she's really frustrated in not being able to see me, to the point that I'm planning on going again in April to see her.
RC

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 06:49:18 pm »
Beijing is good...they are much faster at processing applications than Hong Kong.  Here is the web site that shows application processing times.  Scroll down to asia.  Beijing is taking around 5 months where HK is taking 14 months. (good luck Chong)

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
Re: Canadian Visitor Visa
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 06:52:39 am »
 Article in the Shanghai Business review today ,

TRAVEL & HOSPITALITY

Canada offers more opportunities to Chinese tourists
Chinese citizens can now apply for a ten year multiple-entry visa to travel to Canada. According to the Canadian Tourism Commission (CTC), Canada was the destination for 200,000 Chinese visitors in 2010. The CTC forecasted a 25% growth for 2011 with 55 weekly flights between the two countries.

regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info