Author Topic: Adding the Chinese Font to your computer (Windows XP)  (Read 4084 times)

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
RE: Adding the Chinese Font to your computer (Windows XP)
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 12:56:34 pm »
Mustfocus,

I have been trying to find the discs here in florida for my parents computer but I don't think I am going to have any luck. I tried to put the characters on the computer here but they are not available. This is an HP  computer she bought new some 10 years ago. It is running XP. Were they not installed in the early versions of XP? I have my netbook with me. It is running XP. Can I use the XP discs from my netbook for the files?

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Vince G

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 09:05:28 pm »
Dave, give it a try? Let me know.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 11:56:14 pm »
Quote from: 'Bee964' pid='33667' dateline='1268157394'

Mustfocus,

I have been trying to find the discs here in florida for my parents computer but I don't think I am going to have any luck. I tried to put the characters on the computer here but they are not available. This is an HP  computer she bought new some 10 years ago. It is running XP. Were they not installed in the early versions of XP? I have my netbook with me. It is running XP. Can I use the XP discs from my netbook for the files?

Dave C

Netbooks in general don't come with install discs, so I'm not sure.  But you should be able to add the language information regardless.  Let me know when you have some time and we can try to connect and see what happens.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 07:16:16 am »
Guys,

When you bring up the box after clicking on regional languages the 2 boxes in supplemental language support are greyed ouy, you cannot check them. I also noticed it was missing the advanced tab. Just regional options and languages.

Mustfocus,

I'm retired, only 52 though, my days are pretty much open. I am free most of the time. Just let me know when you will have time. I have been checking around here for the discs. There are a couple others missing too. (scanner, printer instalation discs) My sister that passed away last year helped my mother buy this computer and set it up. Unfortunately I can't ask her where they are. My mother doesn't seem to remember and she is a stuffer. My net book came with product recovery discs. I have not found anything where you click to add and have the prompt come up to insert the discs.

Dave C
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 07:18:44 am by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Vince G

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 07:22:41 am »
On login screen, is there an administrator? You might have to (if you have the password) log as admin to add the language files?

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2010, 07:26:48 am »
Good point! there is a login screen. I'll try that.
That fixed it Vince, thanks again. I knew it would be something obvious that I have missed.

Dave C
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 07:44:40 am by Bee964 »

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2010, 08:04:56 am »
Vince beat me to it, but glad to hear you could do it. :icon_cheesygrin:
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2010, 08:31:58 am »
Hey!!!  I have those little characters on here now. Time to get away from the computer for a while now. My mom and her friend want to go shopping and want me to take them. I am going to get a wireless router for here. I have never done one of those. Me thinks I will be back for help with that.

Dave C

I'm still gonna look for those discs too.