Author Topic: What more do I need?  (Read 16062 times)

ttwjr32

RE: What more do I need?
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2010, 04:50:10 am »
blue peter badge?? ok got me on that one?
what exactly is that?

ttwjr32

« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2010, 12:37:32 am »
willy let me and sisi know when you two return. whats up for you guys on
  the new year?

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2010, 05:39:23 am »
What more do I need?   Been married for less than one week and been told that I have to return to the UK very soon to sort out a financial problem.
  I have encountered problems overnight and may have to return to the UK for about ten days.

Someone somewhere has used my debit card number.  I went on line last night as saw that I had £145 less in my travelling account than I thought I had.  Now sometimes I do forget that I have a payment due back in UK but this morning I see that I have no available money to draw out at all and there I was in Shenzhen for a family wedding.  Bit embarrassing having to ask the groom for your red envelope back so you can get home!!!  

Telephoned the bank and they cancelled both my debit cards as we was not certain about the second.

However this means that I have no means of withdrawing money from the ATM here.  So following discussions with teh bank It was decided that the best thing was for them to supply a replacement debit card and retain it at my the bank for me to collect in London.  I can then also make arrangements to transfer a regular amount from London to my Chinese bank.

Because my Chinese address is not registered with teh bank they cannot courier a replacement to me.

But I also need to renew my visa so am going to the Public Security Bureau tomorrow to do that but it can take up to 5 days.   I will not go for a flight until I have it and then it will be so close to Chinese new year that prices will be sky high.

So probably looking at the end of Febuary beginning of march to make the trip.  I have several thousands rmb in our account here so in the short term it will not be too much of a problem.

But probably should have done these financial arrangement a long time ago.

The amount of money they have taken or if the bank stop the paymnets in time, may have taken in nominal less than 6000 rmb but it is the inconvenience - and this is my honeymoon!!

These things are sent to try us.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Vince G

« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2010, 08:15:12 am »
Just bad timing Willy. You have to go back to get pickup a new debit card? Isn't there another way? Maybe they can send it to the embassy and you show ID to receive it?

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2010, 09:04:58 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='29992' dateline='1265030112'

Just bad timing Willy. You have to go back to get pickup a new debit card? Isn't there another way? Maybe they can send it to the embassy and you show ID to receive it?

I also need to make arrangements to have regular money paid direct - bank to bank which would then do away with such an occurence causing so many problems again and that I can only do from London. Our Chinese bank card cannot be used outside teh banks atm and as you cannot use it elsewhere it is unlikely to be fraudulently used. I willl pick up two debit cards on two UK  accounts so I always have one in an emergency but these are only used to withdraw extra cash that comes my way via my internet business.  

Plus I got another large suitcase load that I can bring back with me.  And at only around £330 for a trip it is not too bad.  And I can crate up some other stuff that I cannot get into my luggage and arrange for it to be shipped over.  Then all I will have left in Britain will be memories.

Willy
Quote from: 'RegnisTheGreat' pid='29874' dateline='1264899373'

Willy, congrats man. I hope you a happy and good marriage. Or in Chinese, 88! So you're in Changsha eh?

No Reg - just had to go their to get married.

Back in Zhongshan now.

Willy
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 09:06:38 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Danny

« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2010, 09:15:18 pm »
Sorry to hear about this Willy.

But a week long marriage . . . well that's cause for celebration. Last time I checked you were thinking of returning on your own (of course, not seriously).

I think if you're going to be be married for years and years, then a small gap like this is like nothing. It's like any waiting: when you finally reach the end of that, you wonder what all the fuss was about *laughs*

I am glad that it wasn't worse.

Congratulations again!

Danny

ttwjr32

« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2010, 07:45:30 pm »
isnt that true when all said and done  "what was i worried about"

ttwjr32

« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2010, 03:20:20 am »
if not for bad luck