Author Topic: Spouse Visa for Wife to enter UK (shanghai Office)  (Read 8928 times)

Offline UK Mark

Spouse Visa for Wife to enter UK (shanghai Office)
« on: January 18, 2010, 12:42:33 pm »
UK Border Agency uses VFS Globel for the data collection duties in China http://www.vfs-uk-cn.com/

As a new married women the better half went to the VFS office in Shanghai today to get the Visa application form , its 10 pages long , once it is scanned and emailed to me i will attach it to a link for people to see.

The interesting thing (Strange) is that the office has told the wife that from application date it takes only about 3 weeks - 1 month to get a decision .. this sounds to fast to me! i dont believe it can be done so fast

Also they told her that only 1 in 10 applications require an interview ( again sounds strange)

We intend to apply in April next time i am there for our own reasons i.e to show we have spent more time together and to show she is not desperate to leave China .

Data they need from me is

Salary Proof
Employment Proof
Bank Statements for 6 months
Tax Bill
Bank Account deposit proof
Proof of mortgage or rent payment
Capital Report
Gas , Water , Phone Bills
Proof of contact between husband and wife
Marraige Red Books
Dreams can come true

ttwjr32

RE: Spouse Visa for Wife to enter UK (shanghai Office)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 06:21:08 pm »
that would be great if thats all the time it takes
 for you two to get everything completed

brett

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 08:29:43 am »
That's great information Mark - it's music to my ears!!! I've seen the form though, it's pretty formidable.

I guess if the age difference isn't too big and you're not marrying someone in the Chinese military or something then things should be OK. From what I've read on other boards the main reason the UKBA will reject spouse visas is if there's nowhere for her to live (like if you lived with your parents or something).

Don't forget to take plenty of photos of you as a couple, and if you send each other letters and stuff then keep it all.

Good luck!

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 09:35:02 am »
When I was in the consulate at Guangzhou just before Christmas I was told that getting a visa fo a spouse to have leave to remain in Uk takes about 20 weeks at that time.

To get a visa for a short visit only takes about 21 days.   The form for both is very long - did they say for which visa they were refering too?

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline UK Mark

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 12:53:25 pm »
Willy..

The wife ( english name Sissy )  enquired about the spouse visa .. I guess different offices have different time scales , although looking on the Uk Border Site there is a page showing timescales for decisions and they seem pretty fast for all visa groups.

Brett..

Living with parents .. :s i have been  temp staying at my mothers for a few months  as she was unwell last year , although i own a couple of houses i rent out on AST's , the intention is to live in one of those , i can prove they are mine and so i hope that will be ok with the UKBA , guess i have a lot of paperwork to take to Shanghai in April
Dreams can come true

rockycoon

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 11:23:18 am »
I guess if your retired and living on Social Security, your screwed as far as getting any visa.  The interview would probably be for younger people as old foggies are not into that, so the age factor would apply for interviews.  Kind of silly to interview a couple that is in their 40's - 60's isn't it?
Also, what is a capital statement? I'm not from england, so perhaps the queen keeps tabs on you? :s
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 11:27:58 am by rockycoon »

Offline UK Mark

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 12:59:55 pm »
'Capital Statement'

Translated into 'Assets Evaluaion Report'

SO i guess they want to know what assets people have

maybe house equity etc
Dreams can come true

Offline ssetho

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 05:00:47 pm »
UK Mark, I think as long as you can prove you will be able to provide accomodation for your lady in the UK without help from public funds should do ie an AST.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 12:35:12 pm »
I take it that will be me screwed then...:huh:

Unemployed and not having own house etc????

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 12:14:13 am »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='33157' dateline='1267724112'

You do not need your own house Rob.  Just that the rent for the house you are living is is not subsidised from any public funds whatsoever.

Willy
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 12:15:16 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline ssetho

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 09:32:40 pm »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='33230' dateline='1267766053'

You do not need your own house Rob.  Just that the rent for the house you are living is is not subsidised from any public funds whatsoever.

Willy

Willy is right, you don't need to own a property. By the way, the translation, Asset Valuation Report is wrong. It should be Property Inspection Report, basically a report (done preferably by a third/independent party) on the condition, no of rooms & their sizes, no. of people sharing, etc on the property.

shaun

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 04:35:39 am »
Quote from: 'ssetho' pid='37762' dateline='1272418360'

Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='33230' dateline='1267766053'

Willy

Willy is right, you don't need to own a property. By the way, the translation, Asset Valuation Report is wrong. It should be Property Inspection Report, basically a report (done preferably by a third/independent party) on the condition, no of rooms & their sizes, no. of people sharing, etc on the property.

Is this true for the US also?

Offline joeswuhandream

• the good life with a good wife
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 06:33:48 am »
hi mark yes you are right here mate it takes 28days or i month for the visa application to concluded

also if you did not no this .
if you are only bringing your wife to the uk  the income needed for this will be £800 per month
this was told to me by my immigration lawyer   he is packistani  asian
they no everything about this  
hope this is helpfull mark  good luck to you and chinese lady
                                    regards joe

Offline UK Mark

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 02:10:22 pm »
£800 income a month , thats interesting Joe , thanks im sure the UK guys will be very interested to know it. Thats quite a low wage ,  I think anyone earning only £800 per month will struggle with all the costs , flights , hotels , visa fees etc ..

As for the visa application to be processed , according to vfs global figures , the average is different in each province .. As for Shanghai i got approval in 7 working days . and most are done within a month , Beijing is also fast in processing .. feel bad for the US guys, their wait is much longer .

Quote from: 'joeswuhandream' pid='37769' dateline='1272450828'

hi mark yes you are right here mate it takes 28days or i month for the visa application to concluded

also if you did not no this .
if you are only bringing your wife to the uk  the income needed for this will be £800 per month
this was told to me by my immigration lawyer   he is packistani  asian
they no everything about this  
hope this is helpfull mark  good luck to you and chinese lady
                                    regards joe
Dreams can come true

Arnold

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 03:10:42 pm »
Quote from: 'shaun' pid='37765' dateline='1272443739'

Is this true for the US also?

One does not need to own a House , but needs finances to surport self and Wife .
The Lady might insist on you having a House though .. as does her Family , when the questioning begins when you there from the Parent's . Let's say , it's a big plus .