Author Topic: Today, they started charging me credits BEFORE I even read messages!  (Read 8007 times)

ttwjr32

RE: Today, they started charging me credits BEFORE I even read messages!
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 11:43:11 am »
give cll a try at this pont nothing to lose and there are quite a few
good ones there i put on my profile i was moving to china so i still
think that kept the goldiggers away :dodgy:

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 12:25:03 pm »
Hi Ted,

Hmm, how much is Gold & Platinum? I couldn't click thru to check it. Will register & do the browsing this weekend or when I find time.

Haha, my problem was she DIDN'T want to leave China, so there you go, no goldigging. But I had to cast around for some decent source of income over there.... not as simple as one might think.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 12:45:37 pm by odysseus007 »
Men are great thinkers coz they have 2 heads (just don't think with the wrong one!) & women are great talkers coz they have 2...:icon_cheesygrin:

ttwjr32

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 12:03:40 am »
no its not teaching is an option but dont go to the schools
 10 hours a week can get you 2000 rmb and its enough to
 live off a month and not touch your money

i dont remember the prices as i am no longer there but i think if
i remember rght it was like 129 a year

rockycoon

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 12:53:29 am »
What I do is NOT put any credits on chn.  The still send me profiles and admiration letters and it does not cost anything.  If I find one that might be interesting, then I buy credits (4 only) which is good enough for 2 letters and 2 reply's.  If after 2 letters we are getting along, then I hide my profile and converse with only her.  Now in most cases your admiration letters will be 1/3 her and the rest is the interpeter.  
What I do recommend is while in "free mode" keep your profile updated and you will get lots of admiration letters to check out.
What I don't understand, is if you speak Chinese, and can write chinese to them, why do you have to pay for an interpeter?  There is nothing to interpet...:huh:
remember, find a girl you like, put her in favorites, hide profile and be sure to let her know what you did and your profile number to write to.  Never buy more than the 4 credit minium, and in those two letters you can get her phone number and give her yours.

there's my two cents worth.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 01:07:15 am »
Hi odysseus007,

Welcome to the forum!  The best advice I could say is, hide your profile and go after the ones you are interested in.  Also investigate CLL and some of the other sites.  Many aren't as money-hungry as CHN.  If you do decide to go with CHN however, some advice is go for real contact as soon as possible.  Since you are fluent in ??, you want to cut out CHN as soon as possible as you have no need for them once initial contact has been made.

If you go with CLL, stick with the gold level unless you want to see videos (I think it's about $120 a year for gold membership).
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

ttwjr32

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 01:59:21 am »
well if your fluent in chinese put in your profile
that you want direct and only direct contact
that should keep the other ones away maybe
and the translaters especially

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 07:48:12 am »
Of course there are gold diggers on ChnLove - But honest you guys, i will try to stop doing it now that I am married!!!!!

Also I have an emf credit still on Chnlove going back 6 months.  Can I pass it to someone else or just forget about it.  If I was tempted to use it then I fear that I would have the shortest marriage in the history of the Brotherhood.

Using emf's - You have to be tough with these ladies if you want to save on EMF's. When I was still in the UK sorting out who I wanted to see I just told them that they had to pass me their cell phone numbers that week or there would be no further chatting.     No bloody wonder I had to come to China to find a lady as I never heard from any one of those 6 again!!!!!  

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline stuart barlow

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 08:46:53 am »
from what i understand is nobody can send you a emf unless you've contacted
them first via emf.once you've opened that line of communication she can send
as many emf as she likes,and you will be charged for each one she sends,they cant
send emf until you do,they cant send you a emf if you send a cupid note or put them
as a favourite.they can only send admirer mail to you.but once you open emf the only
way to stop them is to block the person,and keep them blocked.i was talking with a lady
for a while,did thee old got to go out of town on business,never heard from her.10
months later i get a emf from her and lost a credit.i didnt think to block her as she stopped
writing to me
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 09:08:49 am by stuart barlow »

ttwjr32

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 07:46:15 pm »
ok Willy i will take your unused credits
hahaha just joking  Sisi would not like that
just kidding but it was nice to offer to one
of the guys not married

eclayc

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 11:19:57 pm »
OK< I'm new here... What is CLL?

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 11:24:29 pm »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='29574' dateline='1264655020'

no its not teaching is an option but dont go to the schools
 10 hours a week can get you 2000 rmb and its enough to
 live off a month and not touch your money

i dont remember the prices as i am no longer there but i think if
i remember rght it was like 129 a year

Thanks Ted, I will check it out fully this weekend after I register.
Quote from: 'rockycoon' pid='29584' dateline='1264658009'

What I do is NOT put any credits on chn.  The still send me profiles and admiration letters and it does not cost anything.  If I find one that might be interesting, then I buy credits (4 only) which is good enough for 2 letters and 2 reply's.  If after 2 letters we are getting along, then I hide my profile and converse with only her.  Now in most cases your admiration letters will be 1/3 her and the rest is the interpeter.  
What I do recommend is while in "free mode" keep your profile updated and you will get lots of admiration letters to check out.
What I don't understand, is if you speak Chinese, and can write chinese to them, why do you have to pay for an interpeter?  There is nothing to interpet...:huh:
remember, find a girl you like, put her in favorites, hide profile and be sure to let her know what you did and your profile number to write to.  Never buy more than the 4 credit minium, and in those two letters you can get her phone number and give her yours.

there's my two cents worth.

Yes, you are right, Rocky. Now the crazy thing is, they DON"T ALLOW anybody to write EMFs in Chinese. So obviously they are force-feeding you the whole translator service.

I am not sure how I can let her know my profile number by putting her in favourites? Usually the agency des that for me right? And I have NEVER had te girl give me her phone number in 2 EMFs. I think the translators are blocking it out. Usually they will say oh, they have my contact number & email, but let's talk in CHNlove first til they get comfy. Now in real life, both in Singapore & in China, I have managed to get phone numbers right at the first face to face meeting, about 25% & 70% of the time respectively, so I know I have the skills. It must be the translators not wanting to lose their income stream.
Quote from: 'mustfocus' pid='29586' dateline='1264658835'

Hi odysseus007,

Welcome to the forum!  The best advice I could say is, hide your profile and go after the ones you are interested in.  Also investigate CLL and some of the other sites.  Many aren't as money-hungry as CHN.  If you do decide to go with CHN however, some advice is go for real contact as soon as possible.  Since you are fluent in ??, you want to cut out CHN as soon as possible as you have no need for them once initial contact has been made.

If you go with CLL, stick with the gold level unless you want to see videos (I think it's about $120 a year for gold membership).

Thanks buddy,
I was just wondering about the relative value of Gold & Diamond. I guess the vids are only to verify that they are not picking some highly altered studio photos & look nothing like that.
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='29591' dateline='1264661961'

well if your fluent in chinese put in your profile
that you want direct and only direct contact
that should keep the other ones away maybe
and the translaters especially

That is a good filter, and I have actually set limits in my profile on how many letters I am willing to pay for, to avoid a "1001 Arabian Nights" scenario. But I don't want to eliminate too many at the outset, by insisting on zero EMFs. If the first letter from her is too short or generic, I will tell her to buck up or I shall drop her. I have other ways to tell who is writing the letters, but that is fair indirect warning to the translator.
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='29617' dateline='1264682892'

Of course there are gold diggers on ChnLove - But honest you guys, i will try to stop doing it now that I am married!!!!!

Also I have an emf credit still on Chnlove going back 6 months.  Can I pass it to someone else or just forget about it.  If I was tempted to use it then I fear that I would have the shortest marriage in the history of the Brotherhood.

Using emf's - You have to be tough with these ladies if you want to save on EMF's. When I was still in the UK sorting out who I wanted to see I just told them that they had to pass me their cell phone numbers that week or there would be no further chatting.     No bloody wonder I had to come to China to find a lady as I never heard from any one of those 6 again!!!!!  

Willy

Haha Willy, prolly the translators badmouthed you to the ladies. I take a more subtle approach - I take a longer time to reply, post letters of 3000-4500 characters, insist on replies of a certain length & quality, and ask very specific questions that a translator might find tough to answer without consulting the girl. In other words, I set a "scorched earth policy" that makes it very hard for a translator if he/she is trying to make fast bucks off me.
Quote from: 'stuart barlow' pid='29620' dateline='1264686413'

from what i understand is nobody can send you a emf unless you've contacted
them first via emf.once you've opened that line of communication she can send
as many emf as she likes,and you will be charged for each one she sends,they cant
send emf until you do,they cant send you a emf if you send a cupid note or put them
as a favourite.they can only send admirer mail to you.but once you open emf the only
way to stop them is to block the person,and keep them blocked.i was talking with a lady
for a while,did thee old got to go out of town on business,never heard from her.10
months later i get a emf from her and lost a credit.i didnt think to block her as she stopped
writing to me

Haha Stuart you're absolutely right. Like the thing about you havng to invite a vampire before she can enter your house. So now I always make sure to block gals that I don't wanna hear from again, or until they learn their lesson about writing short vapid letters, and withholding contact info. Between not starting an EMF correspondence & blocking unwanteds, I think my credits should be pretty safe from the hungry CHNdragon. Until they change their policy again.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 11:52:48 pm by odysseus007 »
Men are great thinkers coz they have 2 heads (just don't think with the wrong one!) & women are great talkers coz they have 2...:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline maxx

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2010, 12:06:25 am »
eclayc CLL means Chinese love links.It is a dateing site.I think they have women from all over Asia.That you can talk to.

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2010, 01:00:01 am »
Ok guys, an update :

I have both won & lost this particular battle with CHN.
Won - I have bugged them til they conceded and gave me back some of my lost credits (even tho I had already read the messages). Me : 1
Lost - Apparently I made a big enuff fuss that they actually went & reworded their policy so that I cannot pull this one agan. CHN : 1
I am happy enough with that & we have made our peace.

Maybe we will have a decider one day. Lesson here is : you must know how to deal with big bully corporates, and they WILL BEND in the end if you are determined enough. I have made big uns like UPS, OCBC Bank, Singapore Post, Motorola, and a few more eat humble pie & bow to me. In dealing with Chinese civil servants & employees in general, you gotta know where it pinches. Otherwise they will just give you short shrift.

ttwjr32

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2010, 01:33:42 am »
well i am glad to see you got some thing back

Offline Oiler1

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2010, 06:38:38 pm »
I tried CCL never had much luck with them. A lot of the same women are on both sites.

If you got tons of time, the very best way to meet a compatible woman is to stay over there for at least 6 months to a year or longer. Do not meet women through commercial means, but learn enough Chinese to network and interact on your own. This is the most normal way to meet anyone in any country.

Having said that if you are a middle aged average looking man looking for a fairly younger attractive woman, it is very difficult in any Western country.