Author Topic: Ratio of scams to legit women  (Read 7042 times)

Offline jeffm

RE: Ratio of scams to legit women
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 08:59:54 am »
Quote from: 'Cam' pid='29983' dateline='1265015211'

I was talking to a girl who is on Chnlove the other day and she paid the agency 1,200 rmb and if they introduce her to a man she marries they want another 8,000 rmb, she was perfection on legs but I doubt it will go anywhere.

Haha. I met one tonight like that.

I'll have to ask her at some point what she's paying.  I do know this agency 608 doesn't charge the girls to meet a guy.
Watch what people do not what they say

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 09:13:45 am »
The hand in hand in Zhuhai charges 5000  for woman meeting menn and even put the price upovernight to 10,000.   Then another 30,000 on top if they marry.

In Zhongshan they want 40,000 for a marriage - but they even try to con the men into paying before the marriage takes place.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 05:26:01 pm »
Registration of 1200 and success fee of 5000+ was what the story was with my ex in SZ.

Vince there are EMF scams, there is no doubt about it. I heard it from the inside and was actually a victim of that at least once if not twice. A translator can manage at least 20 letters a day, with the replies that's 40 EMF*24 working days*= 960 USD a month  when they get paid less than 400. Convert that into RMB.

About the scam/real ratio, the prettier and the younger she is, the higher are scamming chances. I wrote to 5 pretty ladies under 25, 2 were scams I think and I am sure about one, almost certain about the second.

I never got scammed in the 30+ range, but I choose them well. When I see "I am like a butterfly ready to land on my favorite flower" as a profile, I don't even send a cupid note. For me the whole EMF system is just too prone to scam. A lady I am chatting with now never even received my EMFs, just had a quick chat about me with her translator. So I sent her the letters her translator wrote on her behalf, she found them pretty good. Then I sent her my EMFs (English + Google transalation) ... she couldn't believe I wrote those, gave me a million compliments about them and now she's falling even more for me which scares me because I thought she liked me because of them in the first place. If it doesn't work out she'll hurt even more now ... :s I hate it so much ...

I still have over 30 EMF credits left but I'll only use a few more, if my coming trip is not successful I will harden my strategy and request direct contact in the first EMF, I can't believe how much time I must have wasted putting my heart into writing them ...

I know some had good experience with EMF, but for me it's the second time this kind of surprise shows up, and I only asked two times.

Frank
Go deep or don't go

ttwjr32

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 05:52:28 pm »
it seems to happen all to often which is not a good
thing and you dont see chnl doing anything to correct the
problem with the agencies. very typical business practice here

Offline Oiler1

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 07:37:45 pm »
My experience with agencies in other countries are that at best they are lousy. At their worst, they have the same set of pretty women being visited by all the men who drop in.

I do not know the number of foreign men who just appear cold calling an agency. I imagine these Chinese agencies have Chinese guys as well as foreigners as clients though.

I wonder what is the foreign customer rate for cities other than the 3 main international air hub cities? China is vast so I doubt there are foreigners in a lot of their secondary cities.

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 08:43:54 pm »
Quote from: 'Oiler1' pid='30035' dateline='1265071065'

My experience with agencies in other countries are that at best they are lousy. At their worst, they have the same set of pretty women being visited by all the men who drop in.

I do not know the number of foreign men who just appear cold calling an agency. I imagine these Chinese agencies have Chinese guys as well as foreigners as clients though.

I wonder what is the foreign customer rate for cities other than the 3 main international air hub cities? China is vast so I doubt there are foreigners in a lot of their secondary cities.

I have gone a week in Wuhan without seeing a single "laowai".
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='29962' dateline='1264998279'

I would think the money is from the sign ups. EMF's are change to them. Think about it? Would you rather make $1.5 - 2. each EMF or 5 grand for an hours work? That's why some agency will make a fake profile then they only make money on the EMF. To me this is petty. I guess for them it's a big deal?

Vince, think about it :
The AGENCY makes 5grand, cool for them!
BUT the translator, aha, THEY skin you from EMFs. I'll bet they are paid per piece, just like op ed freelancers at the dailies.
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='29998' dateline='1265033625'

The hand in hand in Zhuhai charges 5000  for woman meeting menn and even put the price upovernight to 10,000.   Then another 30,000 on top if they marry.

In Zhongshan they want 40,000 for a marriage - but they even try to con the men into paying before the marriage takes place.

Willy

Ah, we are all sex slaves, eh?
Quote from: 'Voiceroveip' pid='30020' dateline='1265063161'

Registration of 1200 and success fee of 5000+ was what the story was with my ex in SZ.

Vince there are EMF scams, there is no doubt about it. I heard it from the inside and was actually a victim of that at least once if not twice. A translator can manage at least 20 letters a day, with the replies that's 40 EMF*24 working days*= 960 USD a month  when they get paid less than 400. Convert that into RMB.

About the scam/real ratio, the prettier and the younger she is, the higher are scamming chances. I wrote to 5 pretty ladies under 25, 2 were scams I think and I am sure about one, almost certain about the second.

I never got scammed in the 30+ range, but I choose them well. When I see "I am like a butterfly ready to land on my favorite flower" as a profile, I don't even send a cupid note. For me the whole EMF system is just too prone to scam. A lady I am chatting with now never even received my EMFs, just had a quick chat about me with her translator. So I sent her the letters her translator wrote on her behalf, she found them pretty good. Then I sent her my EMFs (English + Google transalation) ... she couldn't believe I wrote those, gave me a million compliments about them and now she's falling even more for me which scares me because I thought she liked me because of them in the first place. If it doesn't work out she'll hurt even more now ... :s I hate it so much ...

I still have over 30 EMF credits left but I'll only use a few more, if my coming trip is not successful I will harden my strategy and request direct contact in the first EMF, I can't believe how much time I must have wasted putting my heart into writing them ...

I know some had good experience with EMF, but for me it's the second time this kind of surprise shows up, and I only asked two times.

Frank

Same here Frank,
to be brutally frank, haha...

you run the gauntlet of CHNLove's policies, the individual agencies possibly doing something funny, and the girl's translator trying to prolong or outright faking letters. I have NEVER had a girl give me her number in 2 or even 4 letters. AND these are letters that are 3000-4000 characters long, much longer than average. That sucks, coz in real life I get numbers much more easily, and often within the first meeting. My personality & unique characteristics never get much of a chance to shine through with 3 layers of bureaucracy in between. I'll bet the translators are removing the numbers & email addresses.

I have thought of a strategy to outwit the translators - make the job of scamming me too hard to be worth their while, relative to other suckers who write "their" girl. I hear each girl has her own translator, who zealously guard their golden goose. How? For a start, very long letters, many tough questions, and if the reply is not specifically addressing those, I threaten to stop & block. But it might not work either. Translator might be glad to end it & concentrate on scamming the easy marks. But I at least do not get led on a wild goose chase.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 08:59:24 pm by odysseus007 »
Men are great thinkers coz they have 2 heads (just don't think with the wrong one!) & women are great talkers coz they have 2...:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Danny

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 09:40:39 pm »
Quote from: 'odysseus007' pid='30041' dateline='1265075034'

I am in Wuhan at the moment. I thought I had the city to myself. I'm unhappy now I have to share it with you. Maybe next time we should set things up and so we don't get in each other's way *laughs*

I love the KTV bars. What was written about the variability from bar to bar that's for sure. There are some that you can go with your wife's parents. And there are other "blue" ones where I don't think I'm ever going to get a look inside at.

One of the funny things I love about this city is how everything is mixed up and no one seems to mind. Yesterday I spent five hours getting my wedding photos done. The shop next door sold toys, the next shop sold noodles and a few doors after that there was a brothel. No-one seemed to mind and everyone just got about their business withou a thought for what was going on. As we passed by my lady just laughed, "I won't tell you what goes on in there . . . . "

Offline metooap

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 10:22:28 pm »
Danny,

I am about to go through the wedding picture thing as well.

You spent 5 hours taking pictures?

Is this about the norm? Also what was the cost of your session.

Offline Oiler1

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 01:06:20 am »
Give them an ultimatum after 2 or 3 letters. Ask for a phone number. Tell them you are coming in 2 weeks. If they want to know you better you say meeting in person is worth a thousand letters.

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 03:47:44 am »
Quote from: 'Danny' pid='30044' dateline='1265078439'

I am in Wuhan at the moment. I thought I had the city to myself. I'm unhappy now I have to share it with you. Maybe next time we should set things up and so we don't get in each other's way *laughs*

I love the KTV bars. What was written about the variability from bar to bar that's for sure. There are some that you can go with your wife's parents. And there are other "blue" ones where I don't think I'm ever going to get a look inside at.

One of the funny things I love about this city is how everything is mixed up and no one seems to mind. Yesterday I spent five hours getting my wedding photos done. The shop next door sold toys, the next shop sold noodles and a few doors after that there was a brothel. No-one seemed to mind and everyone just got about their business withou a thought for what was going on. As we passed by my lady just laughed, "I won't tell you what goes on in there . . . . "

Oh but I am NOT in Wuhan, and even if I am, I could easily pass off for a local, so you may retain your celebrity status :icon_cheesygrin:

Too bad you missed the motorcycle-taxis, I hear they are no longer allowed. KTVs are a given wherever Chinese live, it takes the place of your Hooters/pole-dance club, the diff being you have to pay for the scantily dressed gals to sit with ya, similar to paying EMFs for communication. Of course if you take a fancy to one, you could just book her for the night, and off to the motel/brothel next door. I once went to a KTV with my ex & some businessmen, the gals got me drinking til I puked, then one of em lap-danced on the other guy & french-kissed him, while I snapped away with my cam, & my gal just laughed. Pretty wild. Another one had pink lighting & beds just in case.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 03:55:02 am by odysseus007 »
Men are great thinkers coz they have 2 heads (just don't think with the wrong one!) & women are great talkers coz they have 2...:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline dude

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 05:06:54 am »

I'll bet the translators are removing the numbers & email addresses.

agency assigned email? translator's phone number? These are good possbilities...if lady wants your info she will pay for it...:dodgy: some of the translators are hot and 99.99% of them have QQ...maybe hit it off with translator & avoid the EMF scam completely!

the thing about the 5000 is a really stupid way to look at this...you have rent, you have hired employees(translator's) and all the rest of your business over-head. emf money and every other bit of money helps, they can't wait for big quick cash flow to pay bills...problem these agencys encounter: too many men want same woman...so sure bait and switch...infatuation does wonders!!! I seen this with a French man and translator from OTHER CHANGSHA AGENCY...gathering info online and reading heresay...is a very weak way to gather conclusions! Until you plant your ass on this soil over here and see this first hand, you can't really draw any conclusions...

Scam's are above 60%...easily (agency/translator/lady a combo or solo...take your choice) The pictures of women are real...all of them! Cake-up/lighting/p-shop/sexy clothes...etc etc...lets get the customers flowing! a Phantom woman would be a woman either interested in someone else or doesn't care what translator does with interested man...the big thing and everyone seems to forget...LADY MIGHT NOT BE INTERESTED IN YOU!!! The agency wants money so it becomes the money game...if man shows up there is a chance he might find one he likes and they get married then the agency gets wad of cash flow etc etc etc...for anybody thinking they are the only man writing to a certain woman, you must think again!!! If woman is truly interested in you then she will ignore anybody else and concentrate on you...it's plain and simple... chnlove advertises very heavy online.......There are men from all over the world looking at web site...including men in China....you do have competition!

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 10:31:11 am »
Quote from: 'abigbutt' pid='30058' dateline='1265105214'

...for anybody thinking they are the only man writing to a certain woman, you must think again!!! If woman is truly interested in you then she will ignore anybody else and concentrate on you...it's plain and simple... chnlove advertises very heavy online.......There are men from all over the world looking at web site...including men in China....you do have competition!

I agree with that, if the women even write themselves. I am chatting with one who never saw my letters and never wrote one either, I posted somewhere about that. Hmm and yes they will focus on you if they are interested, I have 3 focussing on me unfortunately, I'll have to break 2 hearts soon and feel bad about that.

I got some comments about the typical male population: the vast majority is 50+ and hunting girls below 30 or even below 25. Yes many expat Chinese men are on there (and often preferred to Western men), I don't think many mainland Chinese though, there are much better sites for them and they only go for <25 girls regardless how old they are. Many weird profiles amongst the Western men which explains a certain reserve initially.

What happens a lot for the women is a Cupid note without follow-up after the reply, or 1 or 2 EMFs and the men disappear (I heard this from my SZ-ex who has very nice pictures on CHN, and really nice (translator) letters as well. For the real ladies CHN is frustrating too, it takes most a long time before meeting someone, and the good looking ones have a hard time finding interesting men in their age range. The less good looking ones, well, Proteus posted about this, they have a really hard time. As a result, some women actually choose not to write letters or Cupid replies themselves to avoid frustration. Mix into that the large amount of diggers or phoneys, and you know why this system is crap on both ends.

Frank
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 10:36:43 am by Voiceroveip »
Go deep or don't go

ttwjr32

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 07:05:40 pm »
just need a lot of patience on these sites and expect the
good with the bad. but chnl should want to do something about a few
of these agencies as they do represent them when they do business
but i guess they dont care by the customer service letters i got

David5o

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 07:10:39 pm »
Sure there are Scams going on, ....but over 60/70% of the profiles ...hahahaha!!!!

David....

ttwjr32

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 07:56:15 pm »
60/70 percent are scams? is that what ur saying?
that would seem high to me?