Author Topic: Ratio of scams to legit women  (Read 7044 times)

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
RE: Ratio of scams to legit women
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2010, 02:27:06 pm »
The program I got latest, I have two, Is called Living Language. They are on the web. I like it the best so far. It had me counting to 1000 by the second cd, there are four in all. It can get daunting at times but I have kept with it. I was thinking of getting an Ipod and putting the cds on it to listen too, my daughters don't like listening to it, because this would help in learning. I have to buckle down and read more of the book though. I have two programs. one was supposed to be the requirement for the class. It was not the living launguage one. (livinglanguage.com) I liked the book of the other program but I haven't done much with the living language book though. When this cat is off of me I will get the other course name for you....
It is just called teach yourself. The ISBN number for the living language course is 978-1-4000-2426-1 and the teach yourself one is, there is 2 for some reason, the first one is  978-0-07-142412-7 and the second one is  0-07-142412-1  The teach yourself cost is $22.95 US and the living language one is $29.95 US. They are both the beginners course. Hope this helps. I don't think that it would be too difficult to learn to speak, but to write the hyroglyphs...

Dave
And don't feel stupid about trying to learn a new language. It took you years to learn to speak english. Just keep trying. Your wife will love you more for it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 02:30:53 pm by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2010, 08:47:32 pm »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='30313' dateline='1265308902'

i wouldnt advise that in china because after u get out of jail
you will be on one of the cargo ships going back the long way :icon_cheesygrin:

I would not do anything like that. I am an easy going type. I don't have a quick temper. I was just saying that I am surprised that I have not heard of it hapening yet.
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Vince G

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2010, 08:50:42 pm »
There was one member that gave them a hard time. I don't remember the whole story but he made sure they know he wasn't happy.

ttwjr32

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2010, 09:14:39 pm »
once i takle the language a little better then it will be
on to the characters so i can read the signs

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2010, 09:57:16 pm »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='30352' dateline='1265336079'

What are you using to tackle the language? I am going to get an electronig translator too. I just figure that the more things I have at my disposal to try to communicate with her the better. She says that she is not hesitent about meeting me even though she does not know much english.
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='30347' dateline='1265334642'

There was one member that gave them a hard time. I don't remember the whole story but he made sure they know he wasn't happy.

I was just mentioning it because of the law of averages. Sometime someone is going to go "ballistic" on an agency, you know, just loose it in the place as soon as he finds he has been duped. I'm not going to say anymore on this now. I for one hope that it doesn't happen. IE the agencies smarten up and stop the practice before it gets to that.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 10:05:43 pm by Bee964 »

ttwjr32

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2010, 10:17:16 pm »
im going to new concept mandarin to learn  
ad she is to beautiful to concentrate my teacher that is

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2010, 11:34:02 pm »

Reading at least some of the signs is a must.  I had one girlfriend here who used to take great delight into directing me into the ladies toilets at every opportunity!!!

At least those signs become top of my list as in places outside the big cities they do not have them in English.

Willy
But if a foreigner went into an agency and started shouting and ranting then would they notice?  From my time here that seems to be the normal conversation level in offices,restuarants, homes etc.:icon_cheesygrin:

Willy
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 11:37:03 pm by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

ttwjr32

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2010, 03:02:14 am »
its better to ask a pretty lady for help Willy
language first characters second. or you could take
a note from your wife like what your mom did when you were
young

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2010, 07:52:25 am »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='30358' dateline='1265339836'

im going to new concept mandarin to learn  
ad she is to beautiful to concentrate my teacher that is

Thats the problem I'm afraid of. My lady says she wants to teach me chinese. I just told her that I would not be able to concentrate on it then. My mind would always be wandering. I think though that we should return this to the original thread....about the scamming agencies and translators... :icon_cool:
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='30369' dateline='1265344442'

Reading at least some of the signs is a must.  I had one girlfriend here who used to take great delight into directing me into the ladies toilets at every opportunity!!!

At least those signs become top of my list as in places outside the big cities they do not have them in English.

Willy

But if a foreigner went into an agency and started shouting and ranting then would they notice?  From my time here that seems to be the normal conversation level in offices,restuarants, homes etc.:icon_cheesygrin:

Willy

I would have never thought of watching for that!!! The bathroom signs... I mean. That would be funny. Did they not have the little pictograph of the stick man or womam on the sign?
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='30390' dateline='1265356934'

its better to ask a pretty lady for help Willy
language first characters second. or you could take
a note from your wife like what your mom did when you were
young

I had asked a very pretty woman for help with perfume in france a year ago. I did this in my best french which is not too good. She turned around and bent right over in front of me and I just said wooo nice! without thinking and she stood up and said "thankyou" and proceeded to help me. I must have turned 45 shades of red not expecting her to understand or speak any english!!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 08:12:42 am by Bee964 »

ttwjr32

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2010, 07:31:19 pm »
well when frank gets here we will visit an agency here in GZ and see how the
operation is being run and i will report the findings here in the forum. i guess the problem
is that all the agencies are independant. which leaves it wide open for some to
play games.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2010, 05:56:08 am »
In re-reading some of the letters from my lady, I could see that you could very easily think that you are being scammed by an agency. I guess that it may have something to do with your frame of mind you have when you read the letters. :dodgy::huh::icon_cheesygrin::s

Dave C

ttwjr32

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2010, 06:12:12 am »
spoke to Frank a little bit ago on the phone. he has arrived in Guangzhou
and was just arriving at the hotel to check in