Author Topic: Agencies - my ongoing experience  (Read 19325 times)

Vince G

RE: Agencies - my ongoing experience
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 07:47:14 am »
Sing & Mfocus debating over chinese words? Makes me proud and glad to know you.

007, Personally I wouldn't attempt to get to a relationship this way, but each there own. I wish you luck.

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 07:53:15 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='30993' dateline='1265719634'

Sing & Mfocus debating over chinese words? Makes me proud and glad to know you.

007, Personally I wouldn't attempt to get to a relationship this way, but each there own. I wish you luck.

Happy Birthday Vince! Nor me, but I have to start somewhere, and I have CLL as backup. Look at it this way : 5 cases, only 1 real damage. Which if necessary I could prolly repair.
Men are great thinkers coz they have 2 heads (just don't think with the wrong one!) & women are great talkers coz they have 2...:icon_cheesygrin:

Vince G

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 08:47:25 am »
007, I did it completely different and I felt bad doing it. They are all so lovely.

I made a list of what I wanted in a woman and stuck to it. I even had a check list with points and colors involved for not so good to best.

An example would be if she had a child? I don't mind kids but in some cases it can become a problem either in the father not allowing the child to leave or getting a visa and the extra amount for them. Also included was if the child was school age? Because I would have to give worry to what school they would go to, etc. So I made my choices this way. I'm not saying it's a better system just the way I did it?

I did something similar to what your doing. I didn't give them the no choice as you but I did place my email address in the first few EMF's. Long story short it didn't work anyway. That's when I gave it one more try and found my recent lady.

I would think doing this your way? Your not going to end up with the one you want but the one that made the cut? It doesn't mean it will work out. It's like buying an auto by color only? Sure the colors right, but does it run?

And Thank you.

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 09:24:29 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='30997' dateline='1265723245'

007, I did it completely different and I felt bad doing it. They are all so lovely.

I made a list of what I wanted in a woman and stuck to it. I even had a check list with points and colors involved for not so good to best.

An example would be if she had a child? I don't mind kids but in some cases it can become a problem either in the father not allowing the child to leave or getting a visa and the extra amount for them. Also included was if the child was school age? Because I would have to give worry to what school they would go to, etc. So I made my choices this way. I'm not saying it's a better system just the way I did it?

I did something similar to what your doing. I didn't give them the no choice as you but I did place my email address in the first few EMF's. Long story short it didn't work anyway. That's when I gave it one more try and found my recent lady.

I would think doing this your way? Your not going to end up with the one you want but the one that made the cut? It doesn't mean it will work out. It's like buying an auto by color only? Sure the colors right, but does it run?

And Thank you.

Hi Vince,

Thanks for explaining your method. In fact from my (disastrous) first foray into the turbulent world of internet dating 10 years ago, I learned the need for a systematic method, a series of nets if you will, to filter the boatloads of women out there. That was without the added complexity of CHN's nefarious cohorts. I think you are absolutely right. Like an interview, it only narrows the field. Ultimately, I will avoid costly mistakes like some have experienced here, but also I might throw out the baby with the bathwater sometimes. Always the issue of false positives vs false negatives. We engineers & scientists tend to do things this way. I'll bet you're one like me too. But I have also learned to develop my holistic, left brain instincts. Once narrowed down to 2 or 3, this side will take over.

Today, I met a very interesting guy, who trusted his wife of 22 years, and in short she gambled away his millions that he worked so hard to earn from his business. In the end life is a gamble. I will not regret this seemingly brutal filtering, what happened to him was brutal. He told me, Larry, you made the smartest decision not to get married. Now he is a man who has many girlfriends, and enjoys his life.

I am a very skilled boardgames player, and it trains me to evaluate many factors at once. The right brain can only evaluate factors in isolation. The left brain calculates holistically. For example, if she's drop dead gorgeous, but smokes & is high maintainance, yet has no kids, and is willing to emigrate & give up her career. You have to see all factors together and compare to what else is available. The weightage you give to each factor will be different from me! For example I give high weightage to non-smoking spouse, you won't coz you yourself smoke. Kids are a minus for me, but not that bad as it is a backdoor way to get residence here in Singapore. The right choice for you may not be for me. I estimate at best the filter I use will determine 60% of suitability. Remaining 40% is all internal factors like, how much I like her? how well we get along, what sacrifices on whose part? our families, etc.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 09:29:54 am by odysseus007 »
Men are great thinkers coz they have 2 heads (just don't think with the wrong one!) & women are great talkers coz they have 2...:icon_cheesygrin:

Vince G

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 09:46:04 am »
I in no way was saying, do it my way. I don't think you took it that way but just in case?

Funny you said "We engineers & scientists" I started out wanting to go into architecture. When I went to college the first semester class was full so I went to the business courses instead. Second semester same thing. I even went to the asst, Dean and complained, it didn't help. So I ended up with a business degree. 10 or 15 years later I was a dept. head for x-ray machines manufacturer. The engineering dept. wouldn't make a move without consulting me first. That's when I realized I should have gone into engineering instead. Who knows it would have been a different life? :icon_cool:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 09:47:03 am by Vince G »

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 10:02:42 am »
Quote from: 'mustfocus' pid='30978' dateline='1265694924'

That's the problem.  I can't match up the "qu".  The reason I asked if it was written in chinese is because she could have said it in cantonese (since she's from Shenzhen).  Unless it's ? in which case it's written ????

Unless it's litteral... since dong is cold in cantonese... :s

Thinking about this makes my head hurt.

Sorry guys, I just found the spelling error I made, its bu xu dong, ????She said it means freeze.
Quote from: 'odysseus007' pid='30991' dateline='1265712896'

5) The lady felt regretful that you have added her to block Thanks for your letter. The lady truly hopes to build a nice relationship with you by deepening mutual understanding first. Anyway, she would try to keep in touch with you by personal email. But please be more patient with her.

Zhongshan TianMimi Information and Consultation Co. Ltd
Agency ID: P788

Now THAT'S certainly not a typical form letter ! Looks like somebody actually sat down & wrote something. Jury is still out for me in this case. What do you guys think? Anybody has experience with this agency? Do I hear somebody begging me to spend more money on EMFs? :icon_biggrin: I like this gal, some genuine untouched photos.

I don't have experiece with that particular agency, but if you want my opinion about the responce, I would have to say they are on the up and up with you and the lady.

Dave C
Quote from: 'odysseus007' pid='30998' dateline='1265725469'

Kids are a minus for me, but not that bad as it is a backdoor way to get residence here in Singapore. The right choice for you may not be for me. I estimate at best the filter I use will determine 60% of suitability. Remaining 40% is all internal factors like, how much I like her? how well we get along, what sacrifices on whose part? our families, etc.

I just got this, are you in Singapore as in living in, or will you be there, say, the end of march?

Dave C
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 10:24:55 am by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 10:31:13 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='31000' dateline='1265726764'

I in no way was saying, do it my way. I don't think you took it that way but just in case?

Funny you said "We engineers & scientists" I started out wanting to go into architecture. When I went to college the first semester class was full so I went to the business courses instead. Second semester same thing. I even went to the asst, Dean and complained, it didn't help. So I ended up with a business degree. 10 or 15 years later I was a dept. head for x-ray machines manufacturer. The engineering dept. wouldn't make a move without consulting me first. That's when I realized I should have gone into engineering instead. Who knows it would have been a different life? :icon_cool:

I see life as a series of decision points. My Dad taught History & English, so I tended towards a love of those subjects. If you ever read the life of any great person, Caesar, Alexander, Napoleon.... you would notice they often bet it all on one battle or alliance, campaign or strategy. As a former futures broker & trader, I have come to terms with the possibility of loss in pursuit of gain. There is now a whole new branch of psychology pertaining to this. When I make a decision, whichever way it turns out, I am content, let the dice fall as they will. The Taoists have a philosophy about "wu wei" or going with the flow instead of swimming against the tide. If the gal turns me down, fine, I save a bunch of EMFs, and am free to check out new ones. If she concedes, I have moved the relationship one step better.... and I am VERY effective over the phone.
Quote from: 'Bee964' pid='31004' dateline='1265727762'

Quote from: 'mustfocus' pid='30978' dateline='1265694924'

That's the problem.  I can't match up the "qu".  The reason I asked if it was written in chinese is because she could have said it in cantonese (since she's from Shenzhen).  Unless it's ? in which case it's written ????

Unless it's litteral... since dong is cold in cantonese... :s

Thinking about this makes my head hurt.

Sorry guys, I just found the spelling error I made, its bu xu dong, ????She said it means freeze.

Quote from: 'odysseus007' pid='30991' dateline='1265712896'

5) The lady felt regretful that you have added her to block Thanks for your letter. The lady truly hopes to build a nice relationship with you by deepening mutual understanding first. Anyway, she would try to keep in touch with you by personal email. But please be more patient with her.

Zhongshan TianMimi Information and Consultation Co. Ltd
Agency ID: P788

Now THAT'S certainly not a typical form letter ! Looks like somebody actually sat down & wrote something. Jury is still out for me in this case. What do you guys think? Anybody has experience with this agency? Do I hear somebody begging me to spend more money on EMFs? :icon_biggrin: I like this gal, some genuine untouched photos.

I don't have experiece with that particular agency, but if you want my opinion about the responce, I would have to say they are on the up and up with you and the lady.

Dave C

Kids are a minus for me, but not that bad as it is a backdoor way to get residence here in Singapore. The right choice for you may not be for me. I estimate at best the filter I use will determine 60% of suitability. Remaining 40% is all internal factors like, how much I like her? how well we get along, what sacrifices on whose part? our families, etc.

I just got this, are you in Singapore as in living in, or will you be there, say, the end of march?

Dave C

Dave,
I agree, just sounds like they are also begging for more EMFs. Brinkmanship. I am living in Singapore. And should be here end March. If you are coming to meet HER, I will offer any reasonable help I can. I may even get a visit of my own from a gal, as mentioned elsewhere.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 10:36:21 am by odysseus007 »

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 10:46:10 am »
I will be keeping in touch with you. I will let you, and everybody else, know when I will be leaving. I have to get a couple other things in order  before I can leave but I will be booking my trip shortly. I do have questions for you and I hope that you will not mind me asking.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 11:13:45 am »
Quote from: 'Bee964' pid='31009' dateline='1265730370'

I will be keeping in touch with you. I will let you, and everybody else, know when I will be leaving. I have to get a couple other things in order  before I can leave but I will be booking my trip shortly. I do have questions for you and I hope that you will not mind me asking.

Dave C

Sure man, I've been living here upwards of a decade, and visited China upwards of 10 times. I speak fluent English, Chinese (3 dialects) and Malay. Can even be an impromptu tour guide, but I do have quite a busy work schedule. Nights usually free though. At your service. But do note I will be away from 15 - 22 Feb for Chinese New Year, so I won't be online much (maybe once a coupla days as my sister's PC is on dialup & damn frakkin slow).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 11:15:33 am by odysseus007 »

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 12:58:03 pm »
As a lil bit of extra observation for those of you guys who may be interested, I suspect 2 of the hottest gals from GZB (one of the agencies referred to in my first post on this thread) which was newly posted on Monday 8th Feb, are using either fake photos, or heavily doctored/photoshopped pics. But you will need to look VERY CLOSELY to notice it. As usual the 2 are "oversubscribed" in a jiffy as befitting their hotness. So you would have to waste an EMF just getting their attention. Oh, the ladies' background are probably legit, but problem is, are the photos legit?

And after that episode & jeffm's ongoing travelogue :
http://www.chnlove.info/showthread.php?tid=1893
I am quite leery of the Guangzhou/Shenzhen agencies.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 01:03:28 pm by odysseus007 »

ttwjr32

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 07:10:29 pm »
and well you should be  the agencies in shenzhen and gz . it seems to
be the 2 that i hear of a lot of problems with. more so than what you hear
from other agencies in other cities. this is just based on what i have heard
here in the forum and from personal talks with people who have used these
places. more so from the personal talks i have had with people.

Offline jeffm

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 08:10:16 pm »

Responding to your original post without the long quote.

#1 of your post - I had the same issue with the GBZ agency, and have the same scam feeling from them.  

#2 of your post - The oriental agency translator actually slipped an additional email from a girl to me without the girl replying to my first email.  Two in a row.  I think this has happened two times with that agency.  I will be visiting them today, and the translator in particular to ask her why she did that.  I can't wait.  How often do we get the chance to confront the translator face to face haha.

Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='30997' dateline='1265723245'

And Thank you.

Hi Vince,

Thanks for explaining your method. In fact from my (disastrous) first foray into the turbulent world of internet dating 10 years ago, I learned the need for a systematic method, a series of nets if you will, to filter the boatloads of women out there. That was without the added complexity of CHN's nefarious cohorts. I think you are absolutely right. Like an interview, it only narrows the field. Ultimately, I will avoid costly mistakes like some have experienced here, but also I might throw out the baby with the bathwater sometimes. Always the issue of false positives vs false negatives. We engineers & scientists tend to do things this way. I'll bet you're one like me too. But I have also learned to develop my holistic, left brain instincts. Once narrowed down to 2 or 3, this side will take over.

Today, I met a very interesting guy, who trusted his wife of 22 years, and in short she gambled away his millions that he worked so hard to earn from his business. In the end life is a gamble. I will not regret this seemingly brutal filtering, what happened to him was brutal. He told me, Larry, you made the smartest decision not to get married. Now he is a man who has many girlfriends, and enjoys his life.

I am a very skilled boardgames player, and it trains me to evaluate many factors at once. The right brain can only evaluate factors in isolation. The left brain calculates holistically. For example, if she's drop dead gorgeous, but smokes & is high maintainance, yet has no kids, and is willing to emigrate & give up her career. You have to see all factors together and compare to what else is available. The weightage you give to each factor will be different from me! For example I give high weightage to non-smoking spouse, you won't coz you yourself smoke. Kids are a minus for me, but not that bad as it is a backdoor way to get residence here in Singapore. The right choice for you may not be for me. I estimate at best the filter I use will determine 60% of suitability. Remaining 40% is all internal factors like, how much I like her? how well we get along, what sacrifices on whose part? our families, etc.

007 excellent post.

Especially the part about the guy who was married 22 years.  That is why I am so cautious and picky. I'm not a millionare, but I do have assets I have built over my life that I don't want to lose based on emotional decisions some women can have.  I am doing the big sift myself.  I THINK I have a nice one in Nanning, but time will tell.  I do want this search to be over for me in the worst way, but the logical thinking voice always prevails to "think things through".  I've had moments on this trip where I too have given thought about revising my philosophy of having one wife as compared to a few girlfriends.  The thing that keeps in the one wife mindset are my  young daughters who want me to find a wife lol.  They want that woman figure in my home.

I think in my past life I was an engineer lol.  I am always fascinated with the physics of building design.  If I sit somewhere long enough I always end up analyzing building design as it relates to load bearing issues, utilities, and the efficiency of flow of people in and out the building etc.. lol.
Quote from: 'odysseus007' pid='31032' dateline='1265738283'

As a lil bit of extra observation for those of you guys who may be interested, I suspect 2 of the hottest gals from GZB (one of the agencies referred to in my first post on this thread) which was newly posted on Monday 8th Feb, are using either fake photos, or heavily doctored/photoshopped pics. But you will need to look VERY CLOSELY to notice it. As usual the 2 are "oversubscribed" in a jiffy as befitting their hotness. So you would have to waste an EMF just getting their attention. Oh, the ladies' background are probably legit, but problem is, are the photos legit?

And after that episode & jeffm's ongoing travelogue :
http://www.chnlove.info/showthread.php?tid=1893
I am quite leery of the Guangzhou/Shenzhen agencies.

Do you have the profile numbers of the two you speak of from GZB? I wouldn't be surprised if I have written them before. lol
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 08:41:05 pm by jeffm »
Watch what people do not what they say

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2010, 09:46:33 pm »
To answer you jeffm,

1) Actually that guy was pestered into marrying by his Mom. Tragic. He now has over 20 gfs on call. A real role model haha.

2) GZB273573 & GZB273575.
Let's see how good your fake detection skills are, mate, hehe.... these are good fakes, methinks, like the 3rd generation Terminator in T3, they look as human as you & me, except they also look so good you get to thinking with the wrong head ! :icon_cheesygrin:
BTW the reason I call fake is different for each one. Skynet is learning & getting smarter. They may even have lurkers here. They will assault your weaknesses and not stop til they pry every last credit from your account !:icon_evil:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 09:53:43 pm by odysseus007 »

trwme

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2010, 11:27:28 pm »
I'll add an agency to your list 007. First I'll explain why. I metioned on the 'Babysteps' thread that of the initial 4 women I contacted via EMF, it seemed to me that one was probably spoiled, and did not have the necessary life experience I was looking for, and that I planned to block her. I wrote her an EMF explaining, as nicely as I could, my concerns, that I thought I was probably not the right man for her, and that depending on how she responded I was going to add her to my blocked list. I waited to give her a chance to answer me. I received her response this evening.

It was just a rewording of her first emf response, it did not address a thing I had said to her in my last emf, and the very first words were 'I am glad to receive your letter, it brightened my day!'. No way what I sent her brightened her day, lol.

So the agency is Liuzhou Kaimei Company Limited  P620. Maybe this is an isolated incident, but I'd be wary of that agency.

Vince G

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2010, 12:20:38 am »
Yeah it sounds like the translator decided to reply instead of the lady.