Author Topic: chinese subtitles  (Read 790 times)

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
chinese subtitles
« on: February 10, 2010, 03:53:58 am »
Question for some of you more tech savvy people.  Is there any way someone can download subtitles and add them or incorporate them to existing dvd's?  I have lots of movies but none with Chinese subtitles.  I guess it would be easier to just buy dvd's with subtitles but I didn't think I'd be marrying a Chinese woman when I started collecting videos.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
RE: chinese subtitles
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 05:53:13 am »
I have noticed at the end of movies that there is credit given to subtitle companies.  Ever try googling the subject? I was going to suggest googling a subtitle company to see if they are on the web but on second thought they would not tell you anyways. Giving away business and all.Just a my 2 cents here.

Dave C
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 05:55:13 am by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 08:17:57 am »
I googled subtitles for Shrek for my Nieces,  found them but could never get it to work.  There is a website that has movies from different countries.  it costs about 16 usd a month.  but very few with Chinese in them.  I have downloaded the latest movies from it but not with Chinese subtitles.  Some movies have not even been released on the big screen yet. pm me and I can give you the web address.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

brett

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 08:58:30 am »
My lady asked me about this as well - I have loads of DVDs but hardly any of them come with Chinese subtitles.

I guess she is very used to subtitles given that just about all Chinese telly has them :dodgy:!