Author Topic: Re: May Day Festival  (Read 4379 times)

Offline Hajo

Re: May Day Festival
« on: May 02, 2009, 02:56:21 am »
It's international Labour day. We have it in Denmark too. In China they have 3 days off, some have just 2 days (our translator f.x.). My lady told me that they have 7 days holiday both at Spring festival and at National day.
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
May Day Festival
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 03:13:14 pm »
My girl is going to her home town tomorrow for the festival as apparently tomorrow (Friday 1st) is a public holiday.
So many people will be going home for a long weekend visit.
If you have long gap between emf's this might be the reason.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Hajo

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 03:53:54 pm »
Yes, my lady informed me that  her agency is closed down for two days because of the holiday.
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Martin

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 07:58:08 pm »
Yeah...just got back from China, and the English channel (CCTV 9) was running a lot of ads about May holiday.  Guys...don't panic if you don't hear from your ladies...it won't be as long as Chinese New Year!!!

Vince G

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 11:25:31 pm »
Yeah just got a letter back. Guess they squeezed it in before they leave for the holiday.

Arnold

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 12:44:20 am »
I think it is Chinese Labor Day ( 01 May ) same as in Germany . Don't ask me why ? You all know China and Germany go Hand in Hand about many things .

Offline cHi

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 03:29:29 pm »
Yup yup - in the 1990s it used to be a 7 day holiday too - now it's just.. like 3 days (1 official weekday, and the 2 weekend days) something like that.

Arnold

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 11:00:01 am »
What I was just thinking , are their Holiday's payed ? For getting seven day's off , I say most likely not . Otherwise ... see you all later !

Offline Hajo

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 12:14:39 pm »
1. of may is paid. But I don't know about the other days, I will try to find out  ;)