Author Topic: Spouse Visa -- how long are they valid for ?  (Read 2237 times)

Offline UK Mark

Spouse Visa -- how long are they valid for ?
« on: February 28, 2010, 06:20:45 am »
Hi Guys , A strange question as most wifes want to get to their husbands as quick as possible , but my situation is slighty different.

My wife and her mother are in the process of starting a new resturant for her mum to run , and we are unsure as to delay applying for the spouse visa.

Does the lady have to ask for a date for the visa or is it a case of when a visa is granted it has a expiry date i.e valid for six months ? during this time the lady can fly out at a undetermined date within this period ?

any comments welcome

thx
Dreams can come true

ttwjr32

RE: Spouse Visa -- how long are they valid for ?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 09:37:01 pm »
depends on the visa that you get. also depends on the country your from.
the USA has time limits to complete the process after she enters the country
but i dont think that leaving has to be immediate but i dont think to many people
wait a long period either after they get one issued

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 08:26:27 pm »
UK Mark,

I am not sure of the question, but I think you want to know if when your spouce is granted a visa to come to your country does she have a time limit to come there by? In Canada I have not heard of a time limit for the spouce to come here, but your spouce has to be in the country 3 years before she can apply for citizenship. If she leaves Canada for a visit back home or leaves the country for a vacation, the time she is out of the country is added on to the 3 years. For an example, lets say that she goes home for a visit each year for 2 months. This would result in a total of 6 months being out of the country over the three years. So she would have to be here 3 years and 6 months before she could apply for citizenship. I do not know if the visa would expire. I have not asked this question yet. A colleague of mine and his wife are going through the process of applying for Canadian citizenship now. This is the Canadian process that he explained to me.  I would say just ask the immigration office of your country, or check to see if the information is on their web site, if they have one.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline UK Mark

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 03:38:51 pm »
Thanks for the replies

Finally found out from the Visa office in China

Once the Visa is issued the lady has to use it within 3 months
Dreams can come true

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 03:41:22 pm »
I know it can take  a bit of time to get, I also know it can be used withing 3 - 6 months.  However, how long does the spouse visa last for..If granted???

Any Brit know???