Author Topic: agencies------ illegal  (Read 2612 times)

ttwjr32

agencies------ illegal
« on: March 01, 2010, 08:57:50 pm »
I have been looking into this with certain people who are with agencies
of the govt or have their freinds who work with the govt. In China it is
ok to have an agency and you will get a liscense for introducing a chinese man to a chinese lady. But it is very ILLEGAL here to have one who introduces a lady to a foreigner. And to accept money for that. Now what i am trying to find out is how these agencies like china love get away with doing this. Are they paying someone to look away? Is it the corruption that exists in the different provinces? Would it have to take Bejing to get involved? Just doing this with the time i have on hand and i might come up with somethinng that we could use against these bad agencies that seem to be abundant with chnlov.

A chinese man was just sent to prison for running one of these type of agencies in Shenzhen. And it was for a long time along with trying to do
it the right way. He wasnt trying to rip people off just trying to intro people who would marry for a fee. Anyway if and when i get more i will
post it here which could prove invaluable for the new or existing members here.

Offline metooap

RE: agencies------ illegal
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 09:05:22 pm »
ttwjr32

Any information you can get on this would be very helpful to us all.

This is a challenge to believe.

The more information we have the better off we will be.

trwme

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 09:57:26 pm »
Well, wonder what they would/could do to a foriegner who came, met, and married a chinese lady for a fee, which could be called a bribe? Probably couldn't do anything about those who are already been there and have married their ladies and gotten out, but someone caught there doing this if they decided to crack down...they could make things very unpleasant.

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 11:02:21 pm »
Hmm, if I were a foreign chinese man, would that be legal or illegal? I should think it is something very hard to enforce in practice, just like communism? A funny picture emerges of the salmons returning to their breeding grounds, running the gauntlet of hungry bears waiting along the banks....
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 11:04:13 pm by odysseus007 »
Men are great thinkers coz they have 2 heads (just don't think with the wrong one!) & women are great talkers coz they have 2...:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Cam

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 11:04:17 pm »
Possibly why Chnlove is based in Hong Kong, much more relaxed laws and rules there, as an Australian citizen I can go there for 6 months without even a visa, the asshats I work for had to bribe some government official to get me a 12 month multiple entry Z visa here in China but it only cost me about $50 all up so I'm not complaining.

Vince G

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 11:30:36 pm »
Personally I like having this over there heads. When they say there's a fee? What fee? Ohhh you mean the fee that your not licensed for? :icon_biggrin:

ttwjr32

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 01:53:24 am »
exactly Vince,

i dont know why more people dont use this as there really is nothing that they
can do. Yes you can talk to some officials and they say they can but i all reality
they cannot. being based in hong kong is ok but the ones on the mainland really
cannot get a fee out of anyone if push comes to shove. dont let anyone tell you different
they use the emf to get more revenue and of course they do have the people that
pay the fee but you are actually in the drivers seat on that one

brett

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 04:39:03 am »
I don't think I would end up paying much of a fee to an agency. I'd be a bit worried that they might send hired goons around though :dodgy:.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 07:44:13 am »
Ted,

Any information on the guy they put in jail for this? How or why they caught him? Complaining man or woman that led to him being investigated?

Dave C
Ps.  Changed my avatar just for Willy.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 07:49:06 am by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 11:22:31 am »
Quote from: 'Bee964' pid='32942' dateline='1267533853'

Ps.....  Changed my avatar just for Willy.

Dave
Thank you my friend for cheering me up...I love the aveator...
Hahahahahaa:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

ttwjr32

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 05:37:13 pm »
from what i have been told the govt wants to crack down on these type of
 agencies as i would assume that they want to keep all the ladies inhouse as
 there is after all a shortage of women for the chinese men to marry.

he was just trying to make money and do introductions and i guess someone
 in govt didnt like it. being illegal is a card they could use if they wanted to go
 after people who do this.

David5o

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 06:55:30 pm »
Ted,

Considering that most of these ladies have children by a first husband, very few of the Chinese men will have any interest in these ladies. And even if a man was interested in lady that is already a mother, the man's family would probably not accept her willingly!! Sad i know, ...but very true!!!

There are always so-called crackdowns going on in China, None amount to much, if it encroaches a side income for government officials. I suspect that he bluntly refused greasing someones hand, or that he upset someone that he shouldn't have. Could even have been a competitor in his area, and the government official that the competitor was paying bribe money to, had a hand in his demise...

David.....
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 06:58:16 pm by David5o »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 09:09:49 pm »
Just my thought on this.  The woman are contracted to the various agencies to pay a sum of money in the event of an introduction and/or an eventual marriage.

If any of you on this forum are thinking yes well ok they are illegal so I will tell my lady not to  pay then think carefully.  You could lose the lady yourself.

The majority of women have an obligation to pay and as Chinese it is no consequence to them if the agency is legal or not they have made a committment.    Try to get them to break that commitment and they will think twice about your honesty and character.

The fiorst lady I came to see contacted me as she was having problems with the agency trying to increase the charge to her for her having met me.  I did some enquiries and found that this agency did not have the correct licence for Chinese nationals to be introduced to foreignersand Itold her to tell them that she would not pay anything becuase of this.

She asked me why I was trying to impune the reputation of not just herself but her family as well and she paid them the original amount that she was contracted for.  She was definately not happy with me about my suggestion.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

rockycoon

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 09:41:34 pm »
Yes Willy, your correct.  However, from her stand point she had already signed a contract and paid money, to go back on this. even if the place was illegal
would be to lose face for her and the family.  So I can understaned her point of view.

ttwjr32

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 09:55:42 pm »
should be discussed first with your lady  and definetely negotiated