Author Topic: dinner with Irishman on 3-4-2010  (Read 4139 times)

ttwjr32

dinner with Irishman on 3-4-2010
« on: March 05, 2010, 12:01:04 pm »
Well here is another update on events in Guangzhou. Sisi and i met up with Irishman and Sunny on wednesday evening. We went over to old Guangzhou (original Canton) and had dinner. We got there a little early so we went to the Holiday Inn and killed a couple of hours. Get this
Sisi had a perrier water Sunny had an orange juice and Irishman and i both had 2 tsing taos and the bill came to 249 rmb? After my heart attack we decided to go to my favorite restuarant  Tao Tao Ju as it has been around for ages. it has 4 floors and is always full. The food is terrific and the service is great. i think they are starting to think that the fat western man has over stayed his visa as they are getting to know me and see me there all the time. now get this we had i think it was 12 dishes and 3 teas as they charge you for each one and the bill
was only 105 rmb. now thats the way it should be here. i just took holiday inn off my list of places to go. we had a good time talking and eating and as it was getting late we had to go as the buses had stopped running and the subway was only about 30 or 40 minutes from shutting down and we would have had a long walk or expensive taxi ride.
Sunny and Irishman looked and we saw were very happy together and i am sure the wedding will take place sooner than the 6 months he said he will be back to China. once again i was the old man of the group can we get some older members to visit   hahaha the only time i feel young is when i am out with Willy when he and angel come to town.

it was another great evening in guangzhou amongst members and their ladies. hope we have more who come to visit here.

Ted

ps i attached some pics but i couldnt resize them???? HELP VINCE hahaha  one day i will get that aspect down

Ted
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:18:04 am by Paul Todd »

David5o

RE: dinner with Irishman on 3-4-2010
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 12:26:47 pm »
Ted,

I think the visits you receive from the Bros will start getting thick and fast this coming year!!....
We'll have to start calling you ''Ambassador Ted'' of Southern China... haha!!!
Bet you welcome the free English conversations these visits afford you, and not having to think before you speak...lol!!!

Now Ted, You really should know by now, that you don't go drinking in western hotels, cause you just know your gonna get whacked with an outrageous bill as you leave....

Anyway, looks like everyone had good time on Wednesday night with lots of smiling faces, and good photo's as a result ...lol!!

David......

Offline metooap

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 12:47:37 pm »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='33290' dateline='1267808464'

Get this
Sisi had a perrier water Sunny had an orange juice and Irishman and i both had 2 tsing taos and the bill came to 249 rmb?

Ted

Great photos... Holiday Inn $36 bucks or so....they are off my list too!

Everyone in the pictures look happy - and you and Irish man - in spite of the Hd Inn bill - look pretty content to me!!

shaun

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 05:29:39 pm »
Ted,

26 more days and you will not have to be the old man.

Shaun

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 11:46:29 pm »
12 Dishes - well being a moderator does apply to eating in moderation though!!!!!:icon_cheesygrin:

Looks a nice place if it was not for all the 'foreigners':icon_cheesygrin:

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

ttwjr32

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 12:23:18 am »
we did eat in moderation as the dishes were small  hahaha

i dont know what happened but we lost some of the pics

Vince did you delete them?? when resizing them??

ttwjr32

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 06:49:25 pm »
i finally firgured out the resizing pic issue i had so now i
can post the proper size here in the forum.
werent computers supposed to make life easier  lol
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 06:49:51 pm by ttwjr32 »

Vince G

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 07:03:03 pm »
Yes Ted, there was a few that were almost exactly the same. I not only resized them but brightened and fixed some of the colors. They must have some funky lighting there where you were?

shaun

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 07:07:02 pm »
Looks like fun was had by all.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 04:21:56 am »
Great meal Ted and great company too as is to be expected from the brotherhood China Ambassador!
Looking forward to seeing you again next time.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Arnold

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 11:49:28 am »
I think when our Forum Mod's and the Tech Guy meet's in Person our brother's here get nervous . Haha

Well , I found out one thing from those great Photo's ( thanks Ted ) .. is that Irish is left-handed . That is a very good thing in China , as I found out from my LaoPo , those People are concidered smarter ... then the right-handed ones . Now don't ask me why , but she she did say .. it's because they think with the right side of the Brain . I think I heard that here before too . Darn , I'm trying hard to use my Left hand for those Chopsticks . It's getting better ... :icon_cheesygrin:
Thanks Vince , your alway's a great help with those oversize Photo's .
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 11:50:29 am by Arnold »

Vince G

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 01:03:18 pm »
Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='33440' dateline='1267980568'

People are concidered smarter ... then the right-handed ones . Now don't ask me why , but she did say .. it's because they think with the right side of the Brain.

No Way!!!

My ex was left handed, I'm not bragging but she couldn't hold a candle to me the right handed in anything. Still can't? :icon_biggrin:

Arnold

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 05:56:31 pm »
:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin: I'm just relaying what Qing said to be the case in China and she really mean's it . I told her , I can alway's have my Brain turn around 180 if it makes me smarter .

ttwjr32

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2010, 06:17:07 pm »
i read a few articles on that years ago and they do conclude that left handed
people are smarter than right handed and the percent of population left handed
is quite small.

In Irishmans defense he was just to busy holding Sunny's hand with his right
hand    hahahaha

Arnold,

no need to worry the only forum business we discused was
what to do with Willy and Shaun

hahahaha just kidding you guys (willy,shaun)

Vince G

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2010, 07:57:54 pm »
Speaking of left handed people. Here's a weird thing. As I mentioned my ex was a lefty. My oldest daughter is also... but? When my daughter was younger and would throw a ball? with her left she threw like a girl, with the right she'd wipe it in? I think she was a righty and the ex thought her left hand writing? Stubborn bitch.