Author Topic: Needing a Tour Guide in Beijing ?  (Read 2042 times)

Arnold

Needing a Tour Guide in Beijing ?
« on: March 09, 2010, 11:49:38 am »
To everyone that is interested in going to Beijing and looking for day trip's and such . I have invited my Tour Guide from my last Trip
( Jonvey ) here as a Member . So , just let him know if any of your Plans are involving this City . He will contact you here .

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
RE: Needing a Tour Guide in Beijing ?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 12:44:25 pm »
Even if Liand and myself missed him last time we were in BJ, it would be nice to meet him next time we'd go there :)
and hoping to spend more than 2 hours on the Great Wall :)
- Let's Rock -

Offline zook144

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 07:55:57 pm »
Arnold,
Received an email from Jonvey yesterday. Looks like we are on with him for a couple days sightseeing this Friday and Saturday. Appreciate you letting us know about him.
Don
The Journey Is The Destination

rockycoon

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 07:57:35 pm »
I for one would like to know, where is that little hole in the wall, that looks like a pizza place in a dark alley,
that makes the finest Peking Duck in all of China ??

Offline zook144

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 08:30:39 pm »
Quote from: 'rockycoon' pid='33721' dateline='1268182655'

I for one would like to know, where is that little hole in the wall, that looks like a pizza place in a dark alley,
that makes the finest Peking Duck in all of China ??

Rocky, I was wondering that too. I tried to locate it in the posts here last night, but never found out. I would like to try that also.

Don
The Journey Is The Destination

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 10:47:13 pm »
Do you guys mean Li Qun Roast Duck Restaurant?  From Time Magazine...

"Unless you live in its birthplace, Peking duck tends to be a minor extravagance—a dish just for celebrations and nights out. But in Beijing, you can have a platter of juicy duck, pancakes, leeks and hoisin sauce for as little as $4. And it rarely disappoints. As connoisseurs of their local dish, Beijingers love to debate the merits of convection roasters over peach-wood ovens, or to quibble over sauce recipes. But the truth is, it's all pretty scrumptious. Indeed, it's often the setting that distinguishes a truly transcendent Peking duck from the merely excellent.

Most of the city's hoarier establishments serve the dish with such reverence that visibly enjoying it can feel as unseemly as laughing at a wake. That's why eating at Li Qun is such a joy. Located in a ramshackle courtyard a few blocks south of Tiananmen Square, Li Qun is hardly genteel. Smoke from the oven wafts over diners, and the din of clanging woks is constant. But the raucousness only throws the refinement of the duck into relief. The pancakes have a chewy pluck, the sauce is the perfect mix of sweet and smoky. And the duck? Well, it doesn't get any duckier than this."
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Arnold

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 10:52:59 pm »
Quote from: 'zook144' pid='33720' dateline='1268182557'

Arnold,
Received an email from Jonvey yesterday. Looks like we are on with him for a couple days sightseeing this Friday and Saturday. Appreciate you letting us know about him.
Don

Don , hey that's what we are here for .. help each other's out . Make sure he gives you a good price and do enjoy yourself , as he does know the City and History very well of Beijing . He's also a good Driver if that's possible . haha

Offline UK Mark

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 01:13:32 pm »
Whats the going rate for a tour guide in Beijing ? Returning there later this month and think it would be nice not to get rushed around on organised tours.
Dreams can come true

Arnold

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 01:38:33 pm »
Mark , Jonvey charged us 700 yuan for a whole day from 9:00 am to 21:00 pm . I think this is very reasonable including his Car to get around . Mentioning me will help .. as he will sure go the extra step to satisfy . For shorter Trip's call Him and get the Price beforehand .

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 03:49:39 pm »
700 yuan is the price I gave to a taxidriver, to go from Chengde to Beijing, with Liyan... for 3 hours :)
So, I think the price to visit Beijing all the day is very very good :) Plus, he can talk about history and make visiting many good places, so... ^^' just sit, visit, ask'&enjoy ^^'
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 03:50:36 pm by Sylvain D »
- Let's Rock -

rockycoon

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 09:40:34 pm »
The place above may be the place, however they talk about pieces of duck, where this place cooks the duck in a pizza oven with
wood and serves the entire duck to your table, red and brown dark, fully cooked and so juicy.