Author Topic: ?????  (Read 1897 times)

Offline Zhuzhu

?????
« on: March 23, 2010, 10:47:35 am »
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
RE: ?????
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 11:05:05 am »
All I pulled out of that lot was the word marriage and terrorism!!!!! It seems someone is getting married in September!  Can anyone else make sense of it?  Or is it not intended for the likes of me?

Willy

P.S.
Just found that they have added a special section for this.   Just one of the words that came up on my translator worried me.  So best if I avoid it from now on.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 11:29:53 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 02:37:15 pm »
Hello everyone, My boyfriend is a foreigner and we intend to get married in September.  We love each other very much but I am nervous.  It is hard to get a visa from his country. I feel the need to be with him, my heart is feeling fear and worry. May I ask those of you who are married and in a similar situation, have you not felt the same feelings?  How did you overcome it?  Thanks.

(Paraphrased and most likely inaccurate)
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

ttwjr32

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 02:59:31 pm »
ok im not the only one with having problems translating this stuff.

in answer to the question; everyone who is now married has had those
thoughts and concerns at one time or another

David5o

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 08:47:07 pm »

Nope,.... never had any fears, or worries, and certainly never nervous. Either with my late wife or with Lucy!!!

But then i spent lot's of time with both before getting married, i didn't have to take any ''leaps of faith'' I knew for certain what i was doing, and so did they!!

David....
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 08:47:40 pm by David5o »

ttwjr32

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 12:15:53 pm »
i think it was meant to be in the context of worrying about the visa
process and getting that all wrapped up and completed. i dont think
anyone who has gone thru this hasnt worried at one time or another
about all the issues you need to deal with to get ones loved one to their
country. just a normal reaction to all the steps needed to get completed

For Her

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 01:55:23 pm »
In fact, her concern is not visa but relocating to a foreign land.  She said that visa is NOT difficult to obtain.  However, the thought of relocating to a foreign or strange land brings her anxiety and worry.  She was asking those who have married and relocated to a foreign land for your spouse to share insights and recommendations.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 11:08:56 am »
Quote from: 'For Her' pid='35639' dateline='1269798923'

In fact, her concern is not visa but relocating to a foreign land.  She said that visa is NOT difficult to obtain.  However, the thought of relocating to a foreign or strange land brings her anxiety and worry.  She was asking those who have married and relocated to a foreign land for your spouse to share insights and recommendations.

I think that will be a very good idea for a thread as this question has come up elsewhere recently.     How about it Messrs Moderators?  Or is it best on a Chinese page where they wifes can read it.   But it would be nice to have the entries translated in English for us and maybe Glasgow Gaelic for Rob!!!!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Johnboy

• Johnboy
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 07:13:57 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='35352' dateline='1269391627'

Nope,.... never had any fears, or worries, and certainly never nervous. Either with my late wife or with Lucy!!!

But then i spent lot's of time with both before getting married, i didn't have to take any ''leaps of faith'' I knew for certain what i was doing, and so did they!!

David....

Well said, David - and points well-taken!

I also agree with Willy; if people feel the need to post in Chinese, it should be consigned to a page or section where members read or fully understand Chinese or Chinese characters.  I am not one of those, and I did not become a member of this Forum to be bewitched, bothered and bewildered by posts I do not understand and which are therefore irrelevant to me.  So, moderators, please either provide translation or translate to another place.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to say nothing.  (Edmund Burke)