Author Topic: Can man say it's love?  (Read 4925 times)

ttwjr32

RE: Can man say it's love?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 12:38:54 pm »
In Guangzhou you can as a western person have your name on the
registration for the house. that would be the only way i would do it
Sly-----PUT YOUR NAME ON THE REGISTRATION  dont be foolish
because your blinded by this tiny little thing called LOVE

in case it doesnt work DOES NOT sound like someone totally
commited to the relationship  sounds like someone just giving
it a shot

this is my last suggestion on this topic also  if she doesnt want you
on the registration then i would reconsider and find someone else
harsh but lets not sugar coat this. whats the old saying

you can put lipstick on a pig but its still a pig

just a figure of speach as i am not calling anyone a name
just saying that no matter what, the person is still the same
no matter how they try to disguise it

were is the COMMITMENT and TRUST here??????
never heard of this in any relationship were there is
trust commitment   MINE thats not the word used in
that case. as far as being out of China well hell 3/4 if
not more of the population hasnt been out of China as they
are not allowed to leave unless they have more to come back
for such as money and a house or the govt seizes it so lets not
use that. and why embark on this if you dont want to leave???

ok enough said your decision and you will have to live with it
right or wrong  but dont cry about it if it turns out bad especially
with these warning signs

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 03:35:08 pm »
Ted, I clearly understand, and for sure, I agree on that.
I've been talking to Liyan, and she understand that yes, we will live in France, so we need to save money to buy a house first here.... and not there.
She knows that later, I wish to live in China with her, so as we talked again about that, we then will buy a house and that will be together, not only her for herself or me only for myself.
that is just clear and right.
I think in fact, too, she maybe is "scared" about that things we call "laws" related to love and house and many other things. I can not explain clearly, sorry, but she just told me "I hate that". She also told me that for sure, she would never ask for my car nor for my studio, but that yes, it would be "fair" to buy something, together, for us, and not to say later "it is mine, no, it's not yours"....  and that, finally, it would be very bad.
By the way, I know Liyan was in a flat before moving to Kiki's papa home, just because she had to pay everymonth many money and, when Kiki asked her to "live" with her, she agreed. But I know she was happy anyway to have her "own" home, even if it wasn't hers. but she didn't have to be with someone else, as her parents or friends.
So, maybe, and I say it like that "maybe", would have Liyan had another home to "stay" or to live in, when going back in china, instead that going back to her parents or Kiki's papa home..
I don't try to find any excuse, but I just can say that from today, she was ok with what I've said about having first a house in France, and saving money together for it.

However, I really like your comments, be sure about that.

OK, i've read again my talking with Liyan yesterday and I can "notice" something more.
I know and I've seen that Liyan is thinking sometimes about "negative" related to future. Because of love, she told me a few times that she doesn't really trust in "love for ever", just because that could not be like that, due to her past (deceived about love). I know she had an ex, everything was fine, and one day he left her, just saying that the main reason was that she was "small" for him...
but of course she's not small, or shall that """ guy be more than 2 meters high.
However, when she's with me, she feels fine, but she fears about future... Can I be angry because of that? No, of course no. I know and see she really loves me, because of all the time we spend together on QQ and via mails, and sometimes via phone calls. And she can clearly see how much I really love her, too. and for that, she feels very happy most of time.
Maybe because she needs to be "comforted" about her "negative thoughts about future", then I must show her that yes, living together and a very very very long time is possible. I'm not her past, I'm just myself. I know what I want, I know I am very important to her, so I want to do many things.
As I also said to my parents : "yes I know what I want, I know everything I am doing, and all the "difficulty" it is, for Liyan to leave many things behind her, in China, just to come and live with me. So, no, I don't want to play with her heart and to make her waste her time, nor to make myself waste mine."

I think that, for those from here, like Arnold, who live in U.S and have their chinese wife who "left" China (job, friends, family), they maybe can understand my point of view.
Liyan is "scared", I feel it, that if one day, if our lovestory would be over, she then would have nothing to her.. nothing at all, so... and because of many divorces she has heard about, she is a bit "scared" that it would turn into bad to say what would belong to the man, and what would then belong to the woman. (I also remember about a french man who divorced and cut everything in his house with a saw... the bad "news" was that the laywer said he was right because it was 50/50 for everything in and including the house....) (true story lived in France, 2009)
Maybe because she's never been married, too, and because sometimes, her parents also quarrel, is she scared about that... but I don't know.

Now, to be honest, I don't really remember if she always wanted to have her own house in China, before being married and meeting me, but I know she told me she wouldn't live with Kiki long time, after having moved from her apartment, just because she needed to have her "own" home.... but I've never asked if that would be a house or a flat.... I just remember she told me about that, a few months ago.

I know too, that the brotherhood is really helpful and wants to give me the best comments and "MATURE" comments, and that is very important.  And for that, I want to thank you all.

I have nothing more to add here, anybody knows that without communication, there is anyway NO WAY AT ALL to everything.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 04:29:14 pm by Sylvain D »
- Let's Rock -

Offline Chong

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 07:08:06 pm »
Quote from: 'Sylvain D' pid='36416' dateline='1270760595'

Hi there, brothers.
I got one or a few questions in fact, because those last days, Liyan and me are talking more and more about future, and sometimes, I know I can worry and be a little bit "upset" about few things.
Liyan told me that she wanted to have a house in fact, just for her, in China, because she always wanted to have one...

But Liyan told me that she wanted to buy a house before getting married... :s so that, if one day, she doesn't want to show me anymore, then, she would go there....

Did or does some of your Girlfriends/fiancees/wives talk to you about that before or recently? and what do you think about that?

Sly ... Your very first post on this thread was this

Quote from: 'Sylvain D' pid='36518' dateline='1270841708'

Now, to be honest, I don't really remember if she always wanted to have her own house in China, before being married and meeting me, but I know she told me she wouldn't live with Kiki long time, after having moved from her apartment, just because she needed to have her "own" home.... but I've never asked if that would be a house or a flat.... I just remember she told me about that, a few months ago.

Now you write this. I don't know about the rest of the Brotherhood, but I'm totally confused. You tell us one thing, then after countless post replies, you tell us something contradictory.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 07:14:02 pm by Chong »

Offline dude

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 07:10:43 pm »
Quote from: 'Sylvain D' pid='36490' dateline='1270811896'

I think i maybe should "understand" her more because of so many things.

But well... as I can see on David's signature, man can read "communication is the key"

Sly...you said it your self!!! This will be the key to any relationship...the understanding of the other person! I agree...communication is the key & not one sided communication or understanding!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 07:11:18 pm by dude »

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010, 03:23:06 am »
Chong, I don't think so in fact.
Before Liyan and me decided to marry each other and bought the rings, in February, I know she told me before she was happy to live with Kiki, but that she felt a bit embarrassed because she had not home for herself. Before, she was in an apartment, but it didn't belong to her. Later she said to me she wished to be able to have another apartment for her, but then, I can not say if she wanted to buy it or just rent it, nor that if she wanted to rent or buy any house. I guess that would had been for some "security" if anything had to be wrong whatever it would had been with me or not, so that she could go there without being embarrassed to go back to her parent's home, or to her bestfriend's papa home. I think that now you better understand. And when we bought the rings, well, she didn't talk to me about that "wish" anymore.
Sorry if I make you confused, Chong :-/
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 03:27:27 am by Sylvain D »
- Let's Rock -

ttwjr32

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2010, 04:34:05 am »
Helllllllllllllllllllllllp me to understand all this somebody??????
i dont know how to help in this dilema until someone tells
me what the problem is  we keep going from one extreme to
the other.

Chong-- if you figure out before me please tell me

Offline Chong

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2010, 06:33:16 am »
Sly,

I'm not the one who's confused ... You're. I think you should apply the 24 hour rule on YOURSELF before making any postings.

These are your own words ...

Post # 1 ... Liyan and I have been talking. Liyan wants to buy a house just for her before marriage for security.

Post # 17 ... I honestly don't remember if what I said in Post # 1 actually was discussed. She doesn't like living with Kiki and she wants her own house someday.

Post # 20 ... Liyan's happy to live with Kiki. But she wants her own home but I can't remember if it's buying or renting. After we exchanged rings in February, she didn't want to talk about her "house" wish anymore.

Yet here we're talking about this because you started this thread because ... Liyan and you were talking these few days because she wants to buy a house. ... and now back to Post # 1. Your words are going around in circles.

Am I making up all of these facts ?
No !
These are your own words.

Sly, take a break from this subject. Once you're completely sure what's going on, then come back.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 07:39:29 am by Chong »

Vince G

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2010, 08:19:54 am »
Maybe there is a language problem behind all this?

First, BUYING a HOUSE even in China is not cheap. My lady had said only millionaires have houses (within the cities).

Some will say a HOUSE, but mean a HOME / CONDO / APARTMENT?

So Sly, I think as we are seeing it, and the way you are? seems different. Do you have a plan to LIVE in China after she moves to France? If not WHY would you buy a home in China? Just so she has a place to live until she moves to France?

"Why does she not just rent till then?" This same sentence I will ask in a different way.  

Why doesn't she rent a place now? Does she work and have a job? or is she depending on you to pay the rent for her?

You say you want to marry her and have the normal life? But I think she is pulling you in a different direction. I hate to say this but it sounds more like she wants a Sugar Daddy? To Pay her bills, support her and get to visit her. Hell, if that's what it is? Then you can do that here in the US. Here in South Florida there are plenty of young models looking for this. They don't care if your rich or not as long as you can pay their bills, credit cards and rent?

My lady OWNS a few places. She rents them out and lives with her sister. She doesn't have to work but she does. Months back, she was in the hospital but didn't even tell me? I happen to call her phone when she was. She has never asked for ANY money for anything. Even sending flowers? She says don't waste money. Save the money to come to her. Do you see the difference?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 12:08:48 am by Vince G »

David5o

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2010, 09:16:39 am »

I'm beginning to think this is a 3 way language problem and nothing else. We have to remember that Sly is French and although his English is pretty good it's not perfect. He often gets his tenses mixed up, which is normally not a problem for us to sort out here...lol!! But then you have to remember that there is also translation going on between Liyan and Sly too... I think that there has been some misunderstandings in there translations on this, and related subjects.... Liyan meaning one thing and Sly interpreting something different!!!

Hell i can't count how many times that has happened to me during my working life in China...lol!!
Just one of the things you have to cope and get to grips with when your dealing between 2 completely different languages, and especially when like Sly is, ....dealing with three languages!!!  

All i can say is rather him than me!! ...hahaha!!!

David.....

Offline Chong

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2010, 10:03:59 am »
The problem is that Sly's soliciting advice here. He started the thread. If he can't ask us proper questions because he doesn't even know the questions himself, the opinions coming his way ain't going to help him one bit. It's just going to confuse the situation even MORE. He's visited Liyan twice face-to-face; they have some sort of personal communication vibe.

If she said ..." I want to buy a house"  ... what's so hard to understand about that statement.

It's not like they're talking about China social economic policy towards urban working conditions under the current world-wide financial recovery period for the first fiscal quarter of 2010..
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 10:07:42 am by Chong »

ttwjr32

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2010, 07:48:02 pm »
Vince,

in Guangzhou a foriegner can own a house here as long as it is
used for their personal residence and is not to be rented out to
anyone for the purpose of an investment. the govt here just
recently started that. but i think it will not spread around to
the whole of China.

Ted

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2010, 10:04:43 pm »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='36581' dateline='1270943282'

Vince,

in Guangzhou a foriegner can own a house here as long as it is
used for their personal residence and is not to be rented out to
anyone for the purpose of an investment. the govt here just
recently started that. but i think it will not spread around to
the whole of China.

Ted

I am at the moment buying an apartment in Chengdu. I am allowed to own it (99 year lease....not freehold) providing I pay upfront and do not get a local Mortgage !!!!.....dont understand why....but just go with the flow...different culture, different rules :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

David

David5o

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2010, 10:19:30 pm »
David E,

You sure it's a 99 year lease?? The most i've seen is 70 years, then the government can take the property back, unless they let you renew the lease of course.

Mind you, after 70 years the building can be in a real bad state, and be due for demolition... they just don't seem to understand the meaning of ''maintenance'' of the fabric in China. Though things are changing all be it very slowly.

Some buildings can look as if there 50 years old after about 10 years, ...hahaha!!!

David....

Offline dude

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2010, 10:28:03 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='36592' dateline='1270952370'

Some buildings can look as if there 50 years old after about 10 years, ...hahaha!!!

David....

Ain't that the truth!!! Yes, the building of most is sub-par and within a year, the exterior's are showing it!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 10:29:07 pm by dude »

Offline Cam

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2010, 02:20:12 am »
I think that's because they tile EVERYTHING even ceilings, the footpaths where I live are even tiled & it's mountain country so they are deadly to walk on & the tiles look grotty and old within months.........whatever happened to painting buildings and non slip concrete. In the smaller city's like Fuling where I live (1 million people) you can own a home.
The dump I live in has 3 bedrooms, dining, lounge, kitchen, bathroom & would tidy up quite nicely was sold recently for only 200,000rmb so pretty cheap really.