Author Topic: In Wuhan  (Read 2347 times)

Offline Bob

In Wuhan
« on: May 16, 2009, 03:31:38 am »
Hi All,. Well I have been in Wuhan for 2 weeks now, wow, time goes by fast. I will be here for another week, I was thinking about prolonging my visit but I will have to check on a few things first. My visa is good for 60 days, it is more the airline company i am worried about.

I have been having a great time here with my wife,family and friends, this is my 3rd visit here. I have met 2 other male members from the brotherhood, we all got together with our wife's and had dinner at PizzaHut the other night, we had a good time together.:). Went to the famous "Crane tower" , it was nice, but a little over rated in my opinion.

I really like it here in Wuhan, I am seriously thinking about selling my house and moving here, of course this is a huge life changing decision and requires much thought and more information, coming to visit and actually living here are two different things. Ideally I would like to ask my work for sabbatical leave for a few short months and come here to China first before making the final leap. The other night I was talking with my wife about an idea that we have had for many months now, about perhaps starting our own dating/marriage agency her in Wuhan (before it was mentioned here on this web site) . I am thinking about different possibilities if I decide to move here.  

All in All we are having a blast, China is a great place, the people are friendly and there is many thing to see and do, I do not feel like leaving.

Offline Ed W

RE: In Wuhan
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 06:53:21 am »
I've had so many of the same thoughts. It's an amazing place and had the same feelings on the day I was set to leave. Not one bone in my body wanted to. Unfortunatly, it's my girls I had to come home to so I didn't have an option.

While I was there watching CCTV9, there was a business program on and they were discussing China's economics and they mentioned for at least the next two to three years, China will be the only economy with growth and they're making many efforts to transform China's economy to a more consumer market. This opens huge possibilities for new businesses in China. I've had a few thoughts myself, not necessarily a dating agency, but there are many ways one could start a whole new life over there.

Sounds like your having a great time Bob. I hope you can take that extra week. I know I would have, had I the option.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline UK Mark

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 07:26:53 am »
Hi Bob , I'm new here and just wanted to say its great to hear you are getting on so well in China :)  Good luck for you and your family and i hope it all works out for you
Dreams can come true

Offline maxx

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 09:03:14 am »
Bob glad to hear you and your wife are having a good time.Wuhan is a good place to stay.I liked it.Best wishes to you and your wife

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 10:14:34 am »
Bob, reading your post brought a big smile to my face, thank you for sharing your story with us here.
I just love reading when guys have success over there, makes it all worthwhile i reckon.
About not wanting to leave, I know exactly how that feels. I wish you all the best and may your love continue to blossom and grow.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Arnold

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 10:27:56 am »
Go ... Bob ... Go ! I don't mean home by that !

Great to hear of your Success with your Lady . But one thing I like to know , sure other's here would also want to know ... who were the other two Member's of our brotherhood , that you have met in Wuhan ? Hope it was not Max and Alex ? hehehe
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 10:30:14 am by Arnold »

Offline Bob

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 12:13:13 pm »
Thank you all for the encouragement, :)

I first met Ron here in Wuhan, Ron's wife is girlfriends with my wife. Funny story actually, my wife was talking with his wife one evening, she had already mentioned to me that her girlfriend is married to an American man. So, she was talking away then the next thing I know she passes me the phone, I was a little surprised. I took the phone and said "hello", a man answered in English and said, hello, my name is Ron, So I said Hi Ron nice to met you, he said likewise, then he asked me, "how do you know Ping?" I said, well she is my wife. Ron said, she is your wife! I said ,YES. He said NO she is not, she is my wife!???? We were confused, but I had to hang up (gave the cell phone back to my wife)because we have arrived at the restaurant with friends, so I could not continue the conversation. Well my wife and I met Ron and his wife  at their Hotel room the following evening, what Ron and I didn't know was our wives have similar names, I call my wife "Ping" for short, and he calls his wife "Ping" for short, ha ha, we had a laugh about that, what a relief! ha ha. My wife and I were invited to their wedding party/celebration and it was also Ron's birthday, we were very happy to go, Ron and his wife are really great people. I had a chance to met with Ron and his wife again later during the week, and I hope that we could met up with them one more time before I leave China, Ron is a really nice guy and friend.

The other fellow I met was Phil, actually my wife and I happened to be in the area where Ron's Hotel was, so we decided to give them a visit, while we were talking all together in Ron's hotel room his wife received a call from Phil's wife, She wanted Ron and I to meet her husband from Canada, (I am also from Canada) Phil was staying at the same hotel as Ron, but on a different floor. So we all went to Phil's room and sat down for a while and talked, all 3 couples. It was near dinner time, so we decided to go out all together and have something to eat at PizzaHut. We had a great time together.

I hope they won't mind me mentioning their first names.

Well, that is my story :), I plan on calling the airline company and try to move my flight time(date), I doubt they will, but I will give it a shot, I will keep you updated.

Talk to you soon, Bob.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 02:41:45 pm »
Congratulations Bob.  We all like reading the stories.  I plan to be in Wuhan around the middle of August to get married to my lady.  I will check with you before I go to find some good spots.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Arnold

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 03:07:39 pm »
Thanks Bob , for clearing that up for us . Ping .. Ping , that was something else ? Hope both of you went home with the right one , hehe ?
It really shouldn't be a problem with the Airlines on the return flight . It is much easier to change , than the departure date to China .
I did that one time , wanted to change my departure from LA by a couple of day's and received a NO not possible . Had to cancel that flight all together and booked a new one . But adding day's to your trip , was a YES being ask'd for how many day's Sir ? All for an Extra charge of course .