Author Topic: choices and advice needed  (Read 4574 times)

brett

RE: choices and advice needed
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2010, 01:33:22 am »
Wow, that confirms it Neil, we really were dating the same lady :icon_cheesygrin:!!!! Miss Wu had to tend her QQ Farm even while I was with her :dodgy:!

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 03:28:20 pm »
Neil, I didn't find the "right one" the first time either.
But the experience and learning from the ones that didn't work out helped me to to be a better man for my Lao Po now, I wouldn't change how things went for anything now.

My Sunny is "the one" the friend, companion, lover that I want to spend the rest of my life with. If I hadn't that the previous experiences I would never have met her so all I am saying is be positive. I bet you have learned from the past too.

Brenda looks very pretty and maybe she will be the "one" for you, just enjoy the experience and if its right, then it will work out.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

ttwjr32

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 09:13:29 pm »
i agree also-- keep on with Brenda and see how it develops in the future
                   and best wishes for a success

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 10:16:29 pm »
Jim

I was batting 6:0 until I finally met Ming...and I KNEW the difference immediately.

I also know that the other 6 taught me alot about Chinese Women, but ore important...it taught me a lot about MYSELF. I finally realised that there is only so much compromise we can make as men, before the compromise becomes abdication !!

The key learning for me was all about what I DONT want for my future...but when Ming came into my life, my perspective changed to thinking what I DO want...and she ticked all the boxes.

I never felt guitly about meeting and walking away from the others...I did not lead them on with false hopes/promises. So it was just like the dating scene in any place, except it was more difficult and more expensive !!!

Stick with the plan...you will win in the end :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

David
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 10:17:07 pm by David E »

shaun

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2010, 10:19:38 pm »
Neal,

David E just gave you a mountain of good advice.

Shaun

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2010, 07:09:26 am »
On thinking more about this difficult subject of apparent failure of a promising relationship, I am reminded about the dangers of "rebound" relationships where we feel compelled to do "something" to try to get into a worthy and valuable partnership...it is only natural and normal.

It is a measure of our self-worth..." I am a good person, therefore I deserve a good partner and I must find one"

For me, I always kept in mind "Management Rule Number 13"...... and I dont want to confuse anyone here, but it worked for me....read it carefully and I hope it gives some insight...

"When it is NOT necessary to make a decision....it is necessary NOT to make a decision"

ie...dont make any decisions about relationships until a decision becomes real and relevant...hard to do, but very important

David E
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 07:11:35 am by David E »

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2010, 10:16:35 am »
Quote from: 'David E' pid='37697' dateline='1272280166'

For me, I always kept in mind "Management Rule Number 13"...... and I dont want to confuse anyone here, but it worked for me....read it carefully and I hope it gives some insight...

"When it is NOT necessary to make a decision....it is necessary NOT to make a decision"

ie...dont make any decisions about relationships until a decision becomes real and relevant...hard to do, but very important

David E

I think that this is some of the best advise for any given situation. Good advise David E.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Chong

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2010, 10:27:09 am »

This is best applied to shopping [ Attention : Ladies ] ...

When it's not necessary to buy it ... don't buy it. Do you really need it ???  

Thanks David, you just saved me a lot of money. :icon_cool:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 10:29:29 am by Chong »

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2010, 08:20:49 am »
Chong...

I am sure you know as well as me that situations of logic, planning, rationalisation, intellect have no place in a Woman's mind or vocabulary once they enter ANY type of shop !!!

It s a genetic thing you know (hahahahaha)

David

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2010, 09:41:07 pm »
Quote from: 'David E' pid='37734' dateline='1272370849'

Chong...

I am sure you know as well as me that situations of logic, planning, rationalisation, intellect have no place in a Woman's mind or vocabulary once they enter ANY type of shop !!!

It s a genetic thing you know (hahahahaha)

David

David and Chong,

Right on brothers!!! There is just something about the words sale and shopping that stimulate a woman to action!! We just have to find a way to apply it to other activities...Hahahahaha! :icon_cheesygrin:

Dave C
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 09:43:49 pm by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline chen yan

• http://chenyan19851010.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2010, 02:59:04 am »
Quote from: 'Chong' pid='37700' dateline='1272292029'

This is best applied to shopping [ Attention : Ladies ] ...

When it's not necessary to buy it ... don't buy it. Do you really need it ???  

Thanks David, you just saved me a lot of money. :icon_cool:

Haha ,this advice is very useful. Thank you David E and Chong

Neil, Just treat these two ladies well, they are all pretty ladies.
Donn't make any decision by yourself now.
You also need to know clearly how the lady feel about you after knowing each other a long time.
It's a both side thing.And no need to be hurry.
You will know who is more close to you heart.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 03:08:09 am by chen yan »
Love ,Joy ,Peace~

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2010, 03:11:31 am »
Thank you so much Yan.  I value a woman's perspective.  I think you are right too, the only decision I'm sure about (at this moment) is that Nina and I are finished.  It was the hardest thing I ever did and it hurt like hell, but I know it is/was the right decision.
...as irresistible as chocolate