Author Topic: Beijing Airport  (Read 3055 times)

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
Beijing Airport
« on: May 16, 2009, 03:18:54 pm »
Ok considering the latest procedures read like a military handbook to disarm the bomb, what are the check in procedures for a connecting flight in Beijing.  Do we go through customs in Beijing or at our destination?  I am pretty certain you have to go through the health declaration process in Beijing since the flu hit and I will probably have to do it again once I get to Nanning, according to the new advisory.

The reason I ask is I only have a 2 hour layover and since I will be arriving and leaving from Terminal 3 I dont have time to screw up much considering its size hahah ^_^

And if I miss my flight I think my girl will choke me and have me made into dumplings.

Thanks ahead of time.
Can't fix stupid.

Arnold

RE: Beijing Airport
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 03:34:12 pm »
Jadams , when I arrived in Beijing , they had people with signs for the ones with a transfer flight ticket . We just followed them through Custom's to check your carry-one and passport , put you up in a waiting room for a Rail to arrive to take you to your Terminal . Was quite easy and fast , when I also had two hours lay-over . The same goes for your destination , custom's and passport check and then pick up your Luggage and out the door , since your checked luggage was checked already at sign-in at home .
Next step ... now where is she ... stay Cool ... enjoy the moment she finally stands in front of you .
Don't worry too much , it's easier then you think .

Offline Chong

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 06:49:33 pm »
Jared ... I arrived one hour late into Beijing and had only 30 minutes to catch my connecting flight. Lucky, I only had a carry-on. Unlike Arnold who had a VIP waiting room, I was on my own. Had to change terminals ... when I arrived the rail was working ... coming back, it wasn't, they had shuttle buses.

Like Arnold said, you just have to present your passport to the custom's officer during the transfer.

In your case, I wouldn't say ... "Hi, I'm Norric Minori,  Isn't Yao Ming a great basketball player for the Houston Rockets ???" .... the custom guy will interprete it as ... "Hi, I'm a Jap ... I'm stealing Chinese Ming Vases and I'm packing 'Rocket's in my suitcase"

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 05:59:22 am »
Beijing Airport is pretty cool, its flippin massive though! There are loads of people around at information desks so I found it easy to navigate my way around wasn't waiting long to get through customs at all, just make sure you have the little yellow slip filled in advance or you'll have to go to the  back of the que ...
They handed out the slips on the aeroplane when i was there. I didn't have a pen so didn't fill it out thinking I could just do it at the counter...won't make that mistake again! You'll need to know your return flight home's ticket number, I didn't so made one up..I dunno why they bother with the forms to be honest.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 05:59:37 am by Irishman »
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Jadams79

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 06:48:27 pm »
Chong, always classic ^_^ LOL, still the funniest Canadian I know.  Thanks for the information everyone.
Can't fix stupid.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 08:02:22 pm »
My son is pretty funny, isnt he.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Arnold

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 10:19:01 pm »
Since he's my bro...that makes you my Dad ? I actually have a step-dad who's name is Jim , but he lives in Nashville TN.

About the Beijing Airport , has anybody that flew into that Airport , seen from the Air . That the Terminal's as a whole , looks like a Dragon with scale's and all ? Thought I mention that .

Offline Jadams79

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 10:27:28 pm »
I seen the overhead pictures when the olympics were on, but I wanted to take a cell video of it on approach.
Can't fix stupid.

Arnold

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 11:55:29 pm »
That's it Mike , the tail in back and the Head and the Ball it alway's chase's in the front . Closer up the roof looks like scale's .
Leave it up to the chinese to come up with that . If you ever go to the Olympic Village , the Hotel and Business center next to it , is in five part's , also look's like a Dragon from the ground though . Also worth mentioning , while walkibng through the Village and next to the Birdnest , there is a straight line in the walkway . That straight line follow it and it will take you straight to Mao's Picture on the wall of the Forbidden City by Tian-an-men Square . That line goes through the whole City of Beijing .

Offline Ed W

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 06:48:58 am »
for me, arriving was the confusing part. I think after picking up my bags and heading for customs I must have gone the wrong way or something since I passes through customs without ever talking to anyone and ended up back at a main check-in counter with a thousand other people to re-check my bags for the next flight to my destination.  I made that flight with 15minutes to spare, and had the same 2 hour layover. It damn near took that long.

Leaving was far simpler. The forwarding area took care of any hastles and other than the flight attendants from the previous leg not giving me a little slip for immigration for my exit, was smooth as silk.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 08:42:01 pm »
I have flown into Beijing twice and both times the smog/fog was so thick I couldnt see the terminals.  I did have a very big hassle leaving.  NOt customs just people not knowing which airline was which.  I was flying into Taiwan before catching my plane to the states. They sent me to the internal terminal then back to the international terminal twice.  I had gotten there 3 hours early and i ended up having to run for my plane.  All because I changed flight dates coming back.  There are three terminals there not just one. One for international flights, one for internal flights and the third one for terrorists or something like that.  it takes about 20 minutes by shuttle from one to the other.  Customs has always been easy both ways.  They are always trying to improve it. While waiting for my plane a lady came and gave me a survey to fill out asking what they could do to make it easier for us.  They have plugs on poles to recharge cell phones or laptops.  Customs are a piece of cake.  you couldnt ask for anything better.  I am going to live there for a little while this time so maybe i will see the downside of some things, but so far it is a grand place.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.