Author Topic: K-1 Visa (Fiancee Visa) I-129F  (Read 13659 times)

shaun

Re: K-1 Visa (Fiancee Visa) I-129F
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 11:48:16 am »
Well I am back to filling out the K-1 and I have a question about the I-219F.

In Part B question 19 asks, "Did you meet your fiance or spouse through the service of an international marriage broker?"   The answer is no but I did meet her on the dating site Cherry Blossoms.  There has never been a marriage broker involved to the best of my knowledge.

Experts?  What will they want to see?  I have answered no but now I am not sure.

Update:  When I read the USCIS guide it says, "If you have met your fiance or spouse through the service of an international marriage broker, you must notify USCIS of that fact by answering question 19 on this form.  The term "international marriage broker" means a corporation, partnership, business, individual, or other legal entity, whether or not organized under any law of the United States, that charges a fee for providing dating, matrimonial, matchmaking services, or social referrals between United States citizens or nationals or aliens lawfully admitted to the United States as lawful permanent residents and foreign national clients..."

I think I might fit under one of these categories but I am not sure.  I don't even know if it is worth mentioning except it is a part of how I met her.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:57:46 am by shaun »

Arnold

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 01:10:51 pm »
Shaun , you should answer that question with a " YES " . You need to show E-Mails/EMF's as proof for a ongoing relationship later . so why would you answer " NO " ? Don't give them anything that could hold up your Progress in bringing your Lady to the US .

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 06:36:22 pm »
Shaun,  the answer is 'YES'.  part of what will be required is an affidavit of your story to date.  In it you will need to tell how you met, how many times you have been to china.  When you first fell in love and talked of marriage.  For all the reasons Arnold stated, the answer is yes.  And this is just the begining.  Don't even think you are going to have any secrets before the process is over.  They ask about everything.  I would suggest a good lawyer to help, but I know there have been many who have done it very well without the aid and cost of the lawyer.    best of luck.  buzz 

Offline maxx

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 07:19:16 pm »
Shaun I will throw my 2 cents in here.Arnold and Buzz.Are right.The answer is yes.Exactly for the reasons they have already posted.

shaun

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 07:48:06 pm »
Arnold, Buzz and Maxx,

Thanks for your response.  I was a little confused by both of your comments because to me they seemed to pertain to question 18.  I went back and studied it quite a while reading all of what www.visajourney.com and www.uscis.gov had to say about it and I think I have a better understanding along with your comments.  So I will float it out here and see what those who have gone before me say.

It appears to me that all of the information that Arnold and Buzz said goes in question 18 with all of the documentation included.  Question 19 pertains to using a marriage broker.  I think they simply want to know who the marriage broker is. We really to not have one since we went through blossoms.com and Peggy didn't sign up with an agency.  But I will list www.blossoms.com as a broker just to be sure.

So you do not have to look it up I will type both questions 18 and 19.

18.  Has your fiance met and see you within the two-year period immediately receding the filing of this petition?
    (Describe the circumstances under which you met. If you have not personally met each other, explain how the relationship was established. If you met your fiance or spouse through and international broker, please explain those circumstances in Question 19 below.  Explain also in detail any reason you may have for requesting that the requirement that you and your fiance must have met should not apply to you.)

19. Did you meet your fiance or spouse through the services of an international marriage broker?
   (If you answered yes, please provide the name and any contact information you may have (including internet or street address) of the international marriage broker and where the international marriage broker is located.  Attach additional sheets of paper if necessary.)

Arnold

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 08:03:48 pm »
Shaun , the answer is still " YES " . Cherry Blossom is the Broker for you ( does not matter if Peggy had one or not ) put down the name of the Website and if you do not have their address tell them . Thats it . At least you told them what you know , instead of  telling them No .

shaun

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 08:33:28 pm »
Thanks Arnold.  I just wanted to be sure.

Offline maxx

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2010, 01:36:10 am »
Shaun Arnold has got it right.On question 18 That is the question Buzz was talking about.Where he told you.You needed to right your love story.What you will need to do.Is answear question 18 briefly.Then at the bottom of.Question 18 in the answear space.write see attachments.Then you will right the love story on a separate piece of paper. See my example.

Example= I was searching the profiles on www.blossoms.com on May 18 2009.(Insert blossoms business address here)I seen Peggy Sue's profile.( Shaun here you need to put Peggy's real Chinese name) And I contacted her on May 19 2009.We wrote letters to each other everyday for the next 2 weeks. on June 2 2009 we had are first web cam Chat.On June 3 2009 we started talking on web cams 2 times a day.Once in the mourning and once at night.

On April 16 2010 I flew to China to meet Peggy Sue.We spent the next 20 days.Getting to know each other and traveling in China.( insert dates and cities you visited  while on this trip to China and how many days you spent in each city.) On may 2 of 2009. I arrived back in the United states.As soon as I arrived back at my home.I contacted Peggy .And we resumed the web cam chats 2 times a day.One in the mourning and one in the night.Each Web cam chat lasted about. 2 hours.

On June 15 I travelled back to China,To spend some more time with(Shaun again do not use Peggy as the name.Use her Chinese name) .Peggy and I spent 30 days together. We Went (insert date and cities visited) on July 10.I asked Peggy to be my wife.She said yes.So now Peggy and myself are planning are wedding.I arrived back in the United States on July 18.And the first thing I did when i got to my home was contacted Peggy and told her I arrived home.Since the day I came home.We have Ben talking on web cam 2 times a day.And I have another trip planed to China on Aug.15  2010.

OK Shaun do you see what I did here?  I established the basic relationship.I walked the reader threw the first days.And I showed attention to detail. I.E Names and dates of Cities in China that you would of visited.I showed a on going relationship.After I had came home.If you sent gifts to Peggy you.Need to include that.the date is was mailed and what it was.

Basically you need a story that flows together.( I know in my example the dates are not even close to right.But you get the idea)Under no circumstances should you use the name Peggy anywhere in the letter.You do not want to create any confusion.About who you are trying to sponser the visa for.I would suggest you type it on the computer.Make sure the spelling and punctuation is correct.When you complete the letter take it to a notary and have them notarize it.You will need to sign the letter at the notary office.Along with the date.

What this letter does is answears the question completely.If the letter is done right.This will help move the visa application along.If it is done wrong.It will throw red flags right from the start.If you want to You can pm the letter to me Arnold or Buzz.And we can tell you if it is right.Or offer suggestions to make it better.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:08:11 am by maxx »

shaun

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010, 03:30:43 pm »
Maxx,

Thanks.  I got what you said.

I have a question on the fiance letter of intent.  It is pretty clear that she need to write one.  But the uscis does not say whether it has to be in English or Chinese.  I am being told by a couple of people that it needs to be English.  So I am going with English.  I will email it to her, she will print it out and mail it plus some other things back to me.  One of the things I read said that it needs to be notorised.  The uscis instructions does not mention this so I am thinking she does not need to as long she is holding the original.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010, 03:54:01 pm »
Shaun,
When Jing and I went through the fiance' route ten years ago I also found the instructions to be ambiguous. So to play it safe all the required papers from her were written in Chinese we then took them to a local translator where each one was translated and notarised a third document from the translator pledging that the translation was a true and exact translation of the original. Then the three documents were bound together in a little booklet with the title on the front. So we had everything in Chinese and English. That covered all the bases. I recomend that you get two copies of everything. The USCIS likes to misplace things. It was not very expensive either.

Gerry
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

shaun

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2010, 04:28:45 pm »
Thanks Gerry.  We did this on every document except the intent to marry.

ttwjr32

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2010, 08:22:19 pm »
Shaun,

just cover your basis and have everything in chinese and english. will save you lots of aggravation in the end

shaun

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2010, 08:34:40 pm »
Ted,

Thanks.

shaun

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2010, 09:28:32 pm »
Wow, This K-1 Visa application is much more difficult than I thought.  Well, not quite true.  The application is relatively easy.  Getting your fiance and you and the same page is enough to drive any man insane.  The talking back and forth, arguing back and forth, the language barriers, the why's, and the list is long.

The reason I post about this is simple.   From what I am being told everything must match up.   Getting you and your fiance on the same page is difficult at best.  You think you understand and have it down and she says something that tell you, she doesn't have a clue what is going on so you start over again.  Realize her perspective WILL be different.  You have to work through the difficulties to get to the same page.  Now that is what is so difficult.

Maxx did warn me that this would be a real trying time for Peggy and me.  He is absolutely right about that.  Good thing we really love each other.

We are still plugging away at it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 09:30:21 pm by shaun »

ttwjr32

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2010, 10:47:50 pm »
Shaun,

should have been done by now. quit screwing around lol!!!!!!!

no all kidding aside if you need help in getting it explained to her let Sara know and she could call her
and tell her in Chinese. this might help in it getting done faster.