Author Topic: K-1 Visa (Fiancee Visa) I-129F  (Read 13654 times)

shaun

K-1 Visa (Fiancee Visa) I-129F
« on: April 27, 2010, 05:49:04 pm »
I am filling out the I-129F.  It is somewhat comprehensive but I have a few questions.

I noticed that if the information for the field is to long there is a arrow I think showing there is more information.  I printed out a copy of the I-129F and it does not print all of the information in the fields.  How do we handle that missing information?  Do I need to write it in by hand on the original?

Secondly when I came to question 18 it was looking for an explanation of how Peggy and I met.  Wow.  A person could easily shoot themselves in the foot on that one.  It would be helpful is some of you who have been successful to post what you wrote.  Mine is a little basic so as to not cause any traps.  I hope!

I wrote, XINJIAO AND I FIRST MET ON THE WEBSITE CHERRY BLOSSOMS.  WWW.BLOSSOMS.COM.  WE BEGAN TALKING IN OCTOBER 2009 DAILY FOR ABOUT 1 WEEK THE TWICE DAILY ON WEBCAM DAILY. IT WAS SELDOM THAT WE DID NOT TALK. APRIL 1, 2010 I ARRIVED IN SHENZHEN, CHINA AND SPENT 10 DAYS WITH XINJIAO. I ASKED HER TO MARRY ME DURING THAT TIME AND SHE SAID YES."

Short and simple.  Are there any comments?

Offline maxx

RE: K-1 Visa (Fiancee Visa) I-129F
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 06:55:24 pm »
Shaun good job short and to the point.The only thing I would change is Put your ladies last name.It should read Xinjiao what ever.

Are you going to do the affidavit.I would the affidavit tells the story of how you and your lady met.And put the dates of the letters and the web cams.Also put in the the dates of when you arrived in China.And what you did.If you traveld threw China you should put that into..

It should look something like this. I wrote the first letter to Xinjiao on Oct 10 2009.Xinjiao wrote me a letter on Oct 11 2009.We wrote letters back in fourth on a daily bases for( How ever long till the web cam).And then we had are first web cam chat on (Your first web cam Chat date Here)We wrote letters on a regular bases and had webcam chats daily.

On April 1 2010 I traveld to shenzen China to see Xinjiao.We spent ten days together.Traveling around Shenzen sight seeing and spending time together. on ( Your proposel date here ) I asked Xinjiao to marry me she said yes.So we spent the rest of the time celebrating are engament with her family and friends.

On April 11 2010 I returned to the United States.I have ben in Daily contact with Xinjiao since my return to the United States threw letters and over the Internet with daily web chats.I plan to return to China on( the date of your next vist here) to spend time with my fiancee.

Shaun in the affidavit put as much information as you can about you and your ladies time together in China.Like I said before If you spent time in another city in China put that information in the affidavit.MAke sure all your sentences are gramaticaly corect and puntuation and spelling are right.When  you get the affidavit done.Get it noterized and sign it.Send it in with your other paperwork.

Shaun When you picked up all that paperwork it should of come with instructions.If not what you can do.Is go to the immagration web site.They have all the forms you will need along with.All the instructions.Do you have a lawyer? Or are you trying to do this on your own?

If you are trying to do this on your own.I do not reccomend it.That being said.If you are still doing this on your own.Your best friend will be the goverment immagration web site.Along with candelforlove.They have all the latest and greatest information there.

The affidavit I wrote about here is written by you on its own paper.You will not find a form anywhere for it.I just wanted to make that clear.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 07:04:06 pm by maxx »

shaun

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 05:19:07 am »
Thanks Maxx   I  downloaded the forms from Visa Journey.  The other sites will be good to look at just for a different angle on it.  I did download the instructions but have not really dissected it yet.  I will look at the other forms and see if I can transfer the info over.

Shaun

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 07:06:37 am »
Unless you are a very detailed person, I would recommend a lawyer.  The issues are these.  It has to be very simple, very direct, and all the dates and time lines must match.  You want the information to be easy to read and not cause any 'red flags' or issues to pop up.  An example is when they put all this information into the computer; they will cross check dates and times.  Were you in china during this day,  and did you say in another place you had web cam data.  While all questions might have an easy answer, what you want to avoid is having any questions by the processing people.  Any request for information to answer small questions will delay the process.  The affidavit that Maxx referred to is very crucial.  Along with that you will need to send copies of all legal documents.  Birth records, legal residence, divorce papers, for both parties.  They will match these dates with the affidavit and see if any questions arise.  Again the answers may be very simple, but you do not want any delays so getting it right the first time is important.  Once they start to pick apart an application, there will be delay after delay.  Can the visa be done without a lawyer?  We have seen that it is possible.  But if there are any issues at all that may cause alarms to cause delay, I would recommend using a lawyer to get the quickest action on the visa.  
Of course this is just my humble opinion and the reason I spent the bucks for the lawyer.

shaun

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 07:53:05 pm »
Buzz,

Like everything else I have found on this wonderful journey this is much more involved than I had anticipated.  This is not a complaint.  But I really want to thank those who blazed the trail before me.

By the way Buzz, remember busting my chops before Christmas because I didn't go to China?  I do.  I almost had to back out for April and I remembered what you said to me.  Thanks.   It was the most incredible trip of my life.  Now I am planning trip number 2.   Can't get enough.  Don get your mind out of the gutter.

By the way guys, I might as well tell you all this.  The judge signed my divorce papers April 15th.  Yes it was on my birthday.  Imagine that.  Kind of bitter sweet.  A failed marriage but freedom.  It became final April 22 in the courthouse record and I am still waiting for the papers to arrive.  I am free to do pursue openly now and pursue I am doing.

On another front, with all I have been reading it could take as little as six months to get the visa.  Though I would love to have her here in six months I am concerned about her English interview.  I do not think it is good enough to pass.  She does fairly well on the web cam because she has a crutch with google translate.  When I call her on the telephone she gets excited and most of her English knowledge goes out the window.  I am calling her more to try and help her become more comfortable but it isn't working.  Thank you Nik for the Rebtel thread.  Now if I had a phone number for a Rebtel representative so that I can reverse the calls it would be great. I.E. she call me.  Nik?

I may need to go there for a year and teach her English personally.  I am not sure but am considering it.  Peggy likes the idea.  There is a lot to think about.

Shaun

shaun

Re: K-1 Visa (Fiancee Visa) I-129F
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 03:28:21 pm »
Well, I put down the K-1 Visa application for a while and have now picked it up again.  As much as I love Peggy this is a huge commitment to bring her here and there was way to much going on in my life at the time.  I really had to think things through.

Peggy and I talked about it a lot.  I explained about how bad the economy is.  I am just barely holding onto my store.  My regular jobs keeps cutting my pay.  I keep wondering when will this end.  I don't doubt my love for Peggy and her love for me.  It is there and it is strong.  I just hate to bring her here under such difficult situations.  Anyway I am going to see this through and get it done.

I have a question.  I was looking at the I-129F for and what the uscis site was saying about photos.  I take it they want traditional individual photos.  I don't understand it but that is how it appears to me.  Does anyone know if I can combine several untouched photos on one sheet of paper?  I think I will have about 10 sheets of paper when I am finished.  That would be easier to manage than 50 - 100 5"X7" photos.

ttwjr32

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 05:52:07 pm »
Shaun,

waiting for things to get better might just be a long wait. from what i have heard from my friends in the
states is that it is no better there than it was a year ago when i left. so waiting might take a long time if
you want to wait until the economy gets better. as far as the pictures consult an expert on this so as not
to be mislead with some elses good intentions or advice

shaun

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 05:55:52 pm »
Thanks Ted.  I am moving forward with the plans.  I just needed to see where our heads were at. At most I set it down for about 6 weeks.  But it is full steam ahead now.  I'll make that phone call we talked about.

Offline maxx

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 06:10:15 pm »
Shaun they want the same kind of photo that is on a passport.Go down to where you took your passport photo pay the 10.00.Also don't forget to send the pictures of you and Peggy together.With a date stamp on the photos

ttwjr32

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 06:13:25 pm »
yes the date stamp  so so very important   good call to remind him Maxx

shaun

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 06:42:03 pm »
It is a good thing you said date stamp Maxx.  I didn't have it on last time.  The camera does not default to it.  I mean it is crazy.  It will put any date you program into the camera.  I wonder if you can go in after the fact and add the time stamp.  If anyone know my camera is a Kodak Easy Share CD93.

Good thing I am going again.

Shaun

Offline maxx

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 07:21:27 pm »
Shaun no worries.The date stamp on the pictures will not determine the out come of the visa application.But it help.

Offline Andy

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 07:40:30 pm »
I am also doing the K1 visa. Submitted the package in April got the NOA1 letter not long after that. There is a number on this letter that you can track the status of your case. So far I am still on the initial review stage now. Their average time of cranking out a K1 visa is 5 months per this website. I do not think that is actually true.

Offline maxx

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 07:49:32 pm »
Andy it can very on the applications.That are ahead of you.And if your missing any information they want.Ore if you  didn't fill the app out right.That can add more time.According to some people Ted talked to.They told Ted the whole process took them Six months.My wife's was 11 months.I think Arnold's was 13.And I think Nik's was 13.Nik And Arnold applied for the K 3 visa.

ttwjr32

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 11:24:17 pm »
ive noticed also that people i talked with who came back and started the process after the peak travel times seemed to
wait longer for everything as i guess they had an influx of paper filings after their return. so the govt employees get to
overwhelmed with the papers  lol!!!!