Author Topic: What Music chinese Women like ?  (Read 7510 times)

Arnold

What Music chinese Women like ?
« on: April 28, 2010, 07:40:52 pm »
I know it's been a little slow the last couple of days , so I took a look at the " Other " . Oh Boy , that was interesting to say the least .
Take look at this and somebody help this fellow . He must still think Chinese live behind that Great Wall of their's .

michael

paris, United States

Posted: 27 Apr, 2010 02:13:19  Starter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to know if any music from outside china is allowable.If so what types.My lady says she listens to coutry music.I was also wondering if this ment country and western or music from their country(chinese folk music).I think since China Shark Mike lives there he may be able to answer this.I was wanting to send my lady some cds but wasnt sure what was permisable

shaun

RE: What Music chinese Women like ?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 07:55:41 pm »
Sorry to bust in but this one has been on my mind all day.  Do you think the Chinese know about Elvis?  Would many of the recognize his music?

Offline temur72

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 08:01:51 pm »
The lady I talk to likes Faye Wong

I think whether or not they like western music is going to depend on their eglish ability

Otherwise they would most likely listen to Chinese music, from pop to rock but in of course Mandarin or Cantonese

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 10:01:18 pm »
How about some of the other pop stars such as Madonna, Gwen Stefani, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, have they heard of them? (I got this list from one of my daughters that is a huge Elvis fan) I was listening to Alan Jackson one evening when the lady I went to Singapore to meet popped into my hotel room and she asked who I was listening to. She had never heard of him.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

shaun

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 10:20:16 pm »
Well if she likes country music Arnold then I hate to say it but she might like Willy. :huh:

Arnold

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 01:26:48 am »
Just wanted you all to know , I'm going by my experience here . Qing's Brother , Cousin both play English Music in their Car ( cd's ) . In Park's Visited one hears English Music coming from Boomboxes from young People . Older People Dance to Walz's and Polka Music . Our Translator in GuangZhou listens to English Music . In Beijing , our Guide even played English Cd's for us . So for sure City Folks are familiar with western Music . On the Countryside , that's another thing of course .. I assume .

shaun

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 04:30:40 am »
I asked Peggy if she had heard of Elvis.  When I spoke his name she said yes.   When I typed it she asked me what Elvis was so I translated the name into Chinese and she said yes she knew quite a bit about him.  Sent her a couple of pictures and she recognized them.

We didn't get into any other musicians.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 06:48:49 pm by shaun »

Vince G

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 06:25:36 am »
Quote from: 'shaun' pid='37800' dateline='1272507616'

Well if she likes country music Arnold then I hate to say it but she might like Willy.

I thought I was going to read "She might be a Redneck?" :icon_biggrin:

I have heard (or read) of Elvis impersonators, so they must know of him, maybe the older generation?

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 11:01:25 am »
Dont know about Elvis but there are a great number of youngsters going around with one glove on their hand - Michael Jackson style.  Did he always wear that one glove so as not to leave DNA?

Country music - did I miss out on a whole batch of women when I was single?   Now I know what one meant last year when she said that she was going down to the 'Ol Oprey'.  I thought I was in for something special - But no such luck.   She went out for a session of line dancing -Chinese style.

Willy

I have studied singing with my neighbour and I can now do a good rendition of 'Gleen Gleen Glass of Hume" and a cool version of 'Clying"
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:09:54 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

ttwjr32

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 11:32:13 am »
Elvis was popular when the great wall was closed i have heard more
i dont know him  but seems evryone knows micheal jackson

the glove was just oe of his strange and odd behaviors but i think
his most stupid one was the veil out of all the strange things he did

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 09:34:51 pm »
Greetings Brothers,

As far as the liking western music goes I hear it all the time here in wuhu. All the clothing stores for younger people have speakers outside blaring rap crap punk and junk all the time, drives me nuts.

The ladies i work with all have english songs as their ring tones on the phones , but of course they all speak english, all the students like english music.  I have asked students what music they like and many say R&B jazz, rock, hip hop, country, etc. So all kinds of western music is popular in Wuhu, I even have students young ones that like western classical music.

As for Zhen she likes rock country and even scottish folk music.  You brits may have heard of The Corries from Scotland, she likes them too.  She doesnt understand the words but she likes the music.

Regards,

Zhen and Brian

David5o

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 09:40:16 am »
You will find that the youngsters will be listening/playing the English/western music while the older generations will still favour listening to Chinese fare, whether modern or traditional. The English/western type stuff got more and more popular during the time i was living over there...

There tastes seem to follow whatever is currently being played in the west or what is recent in China!! ...there not far behind the times these days ...lol!!!
As for the western artists they know about, the more famous they are in the west, the more chance of  the Chinese knowing about them!!  
The same goes for the styles of music, ...the artists will promote the styles they are part of.

Thank god not too many of the Chinese listen to ''Country''!!   Can't stand the stuff myself, always seems there singing about ''somebody's killed me dog'' or ''some-one's run off with me girl/wife'' ...Bloody cut your throat type music!!  Even worse is this ''Rap'' ....now what a crock of crap that is, ....and mostly sung (if you can call it singing) by street thugs/crooks  and dope pushers!!

David.......

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 11:46:11 am »
Great programme on TV today 60 minutes of Hip Hop!!!!!

Willy.
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 07:45:50 pm »
Hey guys. This thread made me remember a collection of Chines songs I put together a long time ago. Most of the music is 5-10 years old but my wife still enjoys them.

http://www.niwot.net/mp3/chinese-mp3/

I need to ask a favor. Since I  made this post the bandwidth of my web account has really gone up. I have had to upgrade a few times. Feel free to browse and play and grab the songs you are interested in. But please don't download the whole directory so you have your own copy. It blows my bandwidth limit and they shut down my account for a couple days. This directory has been there for years and will be there for years to come.  OK?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 09:17:42 pm by Pineau »
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

ttwjr32

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 11:27:37 am »
slow loading but some good music here i think