Author Topic: getting to shenzen  (Read 1181 times)

lo joe

getting to shenzen
« on: April 29, 2010, 04:35:38 am »
hey everybody.  new guy with a question on getting to Shenzen.  I arrive in Hong Kong at about 8:30 pm.  Would it just be better to stay the night in Kowloon and go the next day to Shenzen?  Or is there any possibility I will have enough time with a little bit of breathing room to make it to Shenzen that night?  anybody have any experience?

thanks

shaun

RE: getting to shenzen
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 04:57:36 am »
Joe,

I was told that 8:30 was about the last time before the ferry closes for the night.   Are you meeting someone there or got an area you are looking for?

Offline Cam

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 04:58:02 am »
Probably better off going the next day, you can stay in one of the airport transit lounges over night for about $100 US & eat all the food you like, grab a nap on one of the lounge chairs & pig out then go nice & fresh the next day, I did it last week on the way back to Oz when I had a 22hr stopover.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 09:02:50 am »
Joe,

I just wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum.

Dave C
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:03:26 am by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

ttwjr32

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 10:11:51 am »
welcome Joe to the forum. so is this the first time to China or just the
first time with this route? Shenzhen is a pretty nice place to do many
things if that is were you are visiting. let us know

Ted
Guangzhou

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 10:53:07 am »
I have done the trip from Hong Kong to Shenzhen many times. I never took the ferry like Shaun did but went by local transit then train to the border crossing at Lo Wu. My flights have mainly arrived by 18:45 and I arrive at the border crossing by about 21:00. This route is open until about midnight but without a tour guide, I would not recommend it. There are commercial buses and mini vans that cater to airport to Shenzhen transit. I had my wife with me so I do not know where in the airport to find the depot. We took the local cheaper transit. On my return to the airport from Shenzhen I have taken the minivan and it cost 150 RMB.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 04:50:33 pm »
Welcome to theBrotherhood Joe

Offline chen yan

• http://chenyan19851010.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 02:27:29 am »
Welcome to Shenzhen.
Love ,Joy ,Peace~

lo joe

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 02:36:51 am »
Hey thanks guys for the info.  And for making me feel welcome.

I think then I will just try to stay in HK that night and go the next day to Shenzn.  I will be arriving Monday!  and I think it is a big holiday there, which would further complicate travelling.

I have become kinda frustrated with the corresponding....so I am just gonna try to go to an agency directly and try my luck.  and hopefully find some adventure too.....