Author Topic: Forbidden City /Palace Museum  (Read 3913 times)

Offline daghoi

Forbidden City /Palace Museum
« on: May 06, 2010, 11:50:28 am »
Hi !

Here are a few pic that i took at the Forbidden City earlier today. Very nice day.

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 11:53:26 am by daghoi »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
RE: Forbidden City /Palace Museum
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 02:14:15 pm »
Excellent pictures - keep up the good work and post more on your trip please. :icon_biggrin:
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 05:50:07 pm »
Very nice pics mate, thanks for sharing...

Offline maxx

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 06:17:15 pm »
Daghoi nice pictures.Thank you for shareing them.If you get a chance while your in Beijing.Go check out the summer palace.I thought it  was allot cooler then the forbidden city.

ttwjr32

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 07:25:25 pm »
nice pics thanks for sharing  makes you stop and think about
all that has happened there for all those years when it was in use

Arnold

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 11:02:04 pm »
Daghoi , Beijing can be a City with it's wonder's .. where a western Man's Camera overheat's . Well some of the chinese ones too . It's amazing People don't bump into each other more often , with the Camera's in front of their Faces all the time . Hahahaha

Thanks for sharing .

rockycoon

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 12:52:26 am »
Excellent pictures just excellent...no wonder chinese people are so thin, look at all the walking they have to do, I'd have a stroke walking across there. Simply huge.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 12:54:02 am by rockycoon »

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 07:39:39 am »
Great pictures.  I enjoyed the forbidden city very much.  I went ahead and rented the electroinc tour guide.  it would feed off of the  different signals and it would tell you where you were in the place and what each building was used for in the past.  I was amazed at going thru the 7 gates and how significat each was.  For sure, it is not to be missed or a place to rush thru.    thanks again for the trip down memory lane.   buzz

ttwjr32

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 07:54:01 pm »
having been coming to China since 2000 i have never been to Bejing as i
have concentrated on all the smaller out of the way places which i have
enjoyed so much. but this summer Sara and i will go there for at least 2 weeks
and i cant wait to see what has been discussed on the forum about different
places and areas there  and i will do the electronic tour Buzz as i think that would
really add to the tour of the forbidden city thanks for the good idea

Offline daghoi

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 09:11:24 pm »
Hi !

Another thing people visiting Forbiden city should consider. When you are finished with your tour, is to leave by the "back entrance" and walk up to the top of Coal Hill. On the top you have a nice view over the roof tops in the Forbidden City and rest of Beijing for that matters. During your tour of Forbidden  City you will probably see the hill top and the small building there. There is a small fee to enter this park, but i think it is a better way to end the tour then leaving out among the touts on the way towards Tiaman Square.

The ticket queue will be shorther few hours after opening, so you might as well consider an afternoon trip than try to get there early and beat the crowd. (Off course you will have to consider the weather to).

...yehh and look up for that special art exhibition close to the palace garden. I was only offered that when i was alone and not not with my girl hmm wonder why ...? I did have a look and it was not "dangerous" or ridiculous expensiv stuff. Sure you will get better price/quality somplace else.

We are leaving the city tomorow, i will not bring my computer while travelling. So if any looks forward to more picture.... Sorry, but will probably not be able to post any until in the end of the month. Im using  the company laptop, so i will just leave it at my girlfriend appartment for safety.

Have a nice weekend guys.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 09:27:58 pm by daghoi »

ttwjr32

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 10:19:50 pm »
thanks for the good ideas for us visiting the first time