Author Topic: Multiple Entry Visa's and Passport Photos  (Read 3640 times)

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
Multiple Entry Visa's and Passport Photos
« on: April 29, 2009, 05:26:55 pm »
Just FYI.Office Depot is now doing passport Photos. They tell me all the stores are doing them.

I applied and am told I will get a 12 month multiple entry passport. And not because I am getting married. I have 1. A valid passport, with more than 15 months time remaining  2. I have been to China within the last five years and 3. My other China Visa is in my passport with a stamp and no other stamps than the Official Chinese one on the Visa.

My guy at VistaRite says there should be no problem.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Vince G

Re: Multiple Entry Visa's and Passport Photos
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 05:42:05 pm »
Ok either you or I are losing our minds? I thought I read this already?  :lol:

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 06:17:51 pm »
Quote from: "JimB"
Just FYI.Office Depot is now doing passport Photos. They tell me all the stores are doing them.

I applied and am told I will get a 12 month multiple entry passport.

Jim, on the application form what did you state as the purpose of your visit?

Last time i just put vacation and they only would give me a three month 2 entry Visa.

I'd love a one year one too, did you give a contact in China for your visa or did you just put vacation with no in China contacts?
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline JimB

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 08:04:01 pm »
The adviser said it didn't matter. I could put tourist as my reason.  I did put to get married as the purpose of my trip. but the only things he cared about were the 3 things I posted. Now I have not put it in my hands yet, but Visarite gets hundreds of these Visa's he said there will be no problem. I will post as soon as I get it in my hot little hands.  I did put Angels info in their but again.  He said it did not matter. Those only things they care about.  He also said I could stay up to 90 days then get an extension once there.  He said to make absolutely sure i did not stay over my time limit.  There is a code on the Visa with the time limit. if it reads 000, there is no time limit.  But most only get 60 to 90 days each visit. But you can get an extension.  You go to the local security bureau and tell them why you need it.  He said there should be no problem to get an additional 90 days. So you are looking at 6 months.

Offline JimB

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 08:04:56 pm »
Yes, Vince you did, but I thought it needed a post of it's own.

Martin

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 09:08:28 am »
I am kicking myself for not getting the information when I had the chance...but I was talking to a Canadian when I was in Guangzhou, and he told me he traveled on a visa that let him stay in the country for 90 days at a time.  This was not a work Visa.  Anyone know anything about it?

Offline Peter

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 09:39:42 am »
Ronan
I got a multi entrance Visa without problems when I asked for it... I guess you also can get one without problems because you are EU.. Why should there be any difference between Ireland and Sweden when we both are EU ??
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 12:25:45 pm »
Quote from: "Peter"
Ronan
I got a multi entrance Visa without problems when I asked for it... I guess you also can get one without problems because you are EU.. Why should there be any difference between Ireland and Sweden when we both are EU ??

Peter, I think like in China its not what you know..its who you know.
I dunno maybe the girl behind the counter had a bad morning and decided to take it out on the next paddy that walked up to the counter or something.
I'm going into the Chinese embassy tomorrow to get a new visa and will again be requesting a year one...wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if i get another bloody three month one again!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 02:09:58 pm »
You can get passport photos done at almost all Walgreens, Kinko/FedEx locations too, And most post offices that handle Passport applications.
Can't fix stupid.

Offline JimB

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 09:07:58 pm »
I received an e mail from Visarite today, saying everything is going smooth. We will see when it hits my hands.  I really have no doubt at this point. But you never know.  you are dealing with a government who leaves the decision up to one person.  (Both the US and China) so if he did not get any from his wife\husband you might not get it either.

Arnold

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 01:44:15 am »
I didn't get any , since February , but I would not be that mean . Hehe

My first two trip , I only got a six month's Visa from them , but after I put down that I'm going to visit my Wife , received a one year Multiple entry visa with no problem . This is how I see it , but may not be the reason , between the two ?

Offline TomFisher

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 05:55:21 am »
I got a 12 month multiple entry VISA on my first application.  I put down that I would be visiting friends and that I planned to visit in May and December.  Sent it off via the travel agency and got it back a few days later.  No muss no fuss and I can go see wo de laopo as often as I want for the next year.

Arnold

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 09:14:47 am »
Hey Tom , tomorrow is the day ! Have a great trip and good luck with your Lady . Let us know how's it going .

Offline JimB

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 04:06:12 pm »
It is a typical Government thing.  No rhyme nor reason.  One guy feels good and the other does not so that is how it is done.  Just like the interview.  One guy makes the call.
My guy at Visarite said it was mandatory that you had been to China before. He did say that they have tightened down. He didn't say when they started that, like I said no rhyme nor reason.

Arnold

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 01:46:32 am »
Yes Jim , that is how I feel thinks move along with the Government . Maybe I will ... maybe I wont ? Let's flip a Coin for this Guy .