Author Topic: Web Cam and Yahoo Talk  (Read 3242 times)

Scottish_Rob

Web Cam and Yahoo Talk
« on: May 18, 2009, 07:41:02 am »
Hi guy's
I am a happy Chappie today, I have my ladies phone number and only spoke to her once or twice, hello how are you? that's about as far as it's went on there, I know about 'her English may be bad' so it's ok for now......

I had asked for her yahoo address 3 week ago, she gave it to me but up until yesterday still had not added me, which sort off made me think that she does not really want to 'talk'....This morning I put the computer on and guess what the first thing that pops up, YES her adding me to her address and a message that say's "Hello my future Lao Po, wo ai ni...."  Well guy's I am so touched that finally I will get to 'speak' to her face face to so to speak, (even if it means me staying up to 4 in the morning) LOL :D  Now if it takes another week or so for that to happen I will wait patiently, and when it does, then I will be very patient concerning our language differences.  What I will not do is rush her into a web cam viewing although that is what 'we' all want to do, face to face to 'REALLY see the REAL lady that writes to us...........

The reason I post this thread is too possibly give HOPE to the newbies.......

In my last letter to Ke Ren I put a message to our translator saying that "How long I have been waiting, understanding her language diffculties etc etc..." then added to it "...even if Ke ren adds me it will not stop my Emf's" Lo and behold, I have been added!!... my opinion on this is, that maybe the translator has NOT wanted Ke Ren to go with yahoo, I may be wrong, I hope so, I hope it was just a nervous feeling of speaking that was stopping her adding me AND NOT THE AGENCY.....

So to the new members of the brotherhood I say,..... give it time,..... be patient,...... don't throw a wobbly if she does not give you them...She need's to know that YOU are the one she really wants, and that SHE can TRUST you..Your lady WILL give you the details WHEN she is READY......So be patient and enjoy the adventure
Xei Xei ni
Good luck guy's.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 07:47:27 am by Scottish_Rob »

Offline Ed W

RE: Web Cam and Yahoo Talk
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 08:03:44 am »
That's about the speed of it Rob. My wife and I chat on QQ video calls and although we don't speak much, we are shoving crap through google translate like it's going offline in an hour. There's much value in typing something funny and hearing/seeing her laugh, or writing something my daughter told me to say to her that makes her so happy it brings her to tears.

Hands down, it's all about the patience. They're more unsure of themselves than we are about our abilities, or lack there of.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 08:28:23 am »
Anyone that has read my posts, I have said how to get around the agency/translator by saying in the letter that the EMF's will continue. This sucks but the truth is they have the control of what gets through to the lady. I talk to my lady but still use EMF to make sure no misunderstanding happen. So far so good.

Email and IM. My lady not having a computer herself did not know she could have an email address without having a computer. Nobody told her even after mention of getting a email address. It took a few times to get across she can have one. Seems the same with the IM. I let her know what she had to do (on Yahoo). She will get that set up soon, esp. since I told her she can type in chinese and it will translate. She's all up for this.

So don't assume they are computer savvy.

Paul Todd

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 11:37:11 am »
Hi Rob,
Who's a lucky boy then!!!! Great news,It's going to knock your socks off mate. The morning of our first web cam meet I was in bits!  It was like a first date, shower, clean shirt the lot and then there she was, more beautiful than her photo's. Since then I've seen her cry with happiness and break down when we talk of the past. It's going to take your relationship to a whole new level. Stay up until 4? your still going to be there at 6 and not even notice the time! She types in Chinese to me and I translate it,the conversation seems to flow better for us that way. Be prepared to answer lots of questions and some of them are going to floor you for sure.:D
If you download a copy of"Webinaria" you can capture the whole thing. It's free and works great! Just do a google search.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 04:27:42 pm »
Nice account Rob, xie xie to you too :)
Sounds like things are heading in the right direction there.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline UK Mark

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 04:59:14 pm »
:D Great !
Dreams can come true

Paul Todd

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 06:49:54 pm »
Stick with it Mike, it will happen in its own time.:)

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 07:17:05 pm »
Sorry to hear that mate.......as Paul said stick with it.....
You two will eventually get speaking other ways, it might take a bit more time but you will eventually
Good Luck mate and keep your chin up.....

Arnold

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 01:57:28 am »
Mike ... here I thought you were happy ... just to talk to us ?

If it help's , Qing and I did not go IM , till almost five month's of EMF's . It's because , she thought her english wasn't good . When in fact her english is great . So yes , patience is the key . Remember , he .. who has patience will receive more patience ! I myself need to live by this or I'm going CRAZY .

Arnold

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 12:38:54 am »
Hang in there , be patient and you will be rewarded . Jessica is a wonderful Lady , to be going through this with you and understands , it's not your fault it takes so long . Your day to hold her close will come and you will forget about Me , the other brother here . That would not be too nice on your part though . You can stay away from here , but never forget us .
I know you will never ... no need to say anything . Good Luck .. Mike , hope it  happen soon for you .

Martin

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 01:00:10 am »
and you will forget about Me , the other brother here .

That's true...when i was in China, I could barely remember who i was...let alone the brothers here! haha

Vince G

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 08:44:24 am »
when i was in China, I could barely remember who i was...let alone

That's because you want to forget the PJ's worn, but don't worry, we won't let you forget. :D

[attachment=35]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 08:48:54 am by Vince G »

Martin

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 10:20:52 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='3388' dateline='1242823464'

when i was in China, I could barely remember who i was...let alone

That's because you want to forget the PJ's worn, but don't worry, we won't let you forget. :D

Great!  Thanks for that reminder Vince!

Arnold

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2009, 12:39:36 am »
Thanks Vince , I'll have a copy on my Livingroom wall , but it has to move to the Garage ones Qing get's here . Sorry Martin .

Vince G

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2009, 09:11:47 am »
Oh I could fix that photo up and make it a poster to frame if you want? I won't crop out Peter this time. Seems it was taken through the glass? Martin were you in a enclosed section?