Author Topic: 9 months?  (Read 1918 times)

shaun

9 months?
« on: May 14, 2010, 05:36:29 am »
I have read about this subject before but know very little about it.

Last week Peggy returned from Shaoguan after being gone for 10 days.  When she arrived home her sister in law was there.  After about 5 days I asked Peggy when she was planning to leave.  She said her sister in law told her she was pregnant and that she was going to stay there until the baby is born.

I'm thinking "What?"  Are you freakin crazy?  But we talked about it calmly.  I asked her why the whole time and the only response I got was because her brother could not take care of her. (The husband)

I was planning to go there in July for 4 weeks.  Now what do I do.  Peggy's place is a 1 bedroom loft.  So I told Peggy we needed to try and figure something out.  If her sister in law needs to stay there and needs Peggy's help then so be it but???????????????      I have limited times when I can go because of my job. It would be April at the earliest before I could see her again.

What is the deal you pro's?  Got any suggestions?  I can stay in a hotel across the street but it will go from 4 weeks to 2 weeks.  I don't want to sacrifice the 4 weeks.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
RE: 9 months?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 06:40:42 am »
Shaun ,no big deal ,:angel: have you told Peggy the dates when you will be flying in and out , then ask what she suggests as to the 4 weeks verses the 2 weeks , always the blow up mattress , much better than a blowup doll ha ha , and maybe you can negotiate a nice rate for a few days nearby , regards Robert :icon_cheesygrin:
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 08:04:39 am »
So where will the sister in law be sleeping Shaun?

You get over all the major hurdles now you have another.  Was you two planning to marry in July or was that going to be 2011?

Two weeks rather than 4 is a bit of a bummer so I would ask Peggy to think of a way to solve it.  She is on the ground and Chinese woman are very resourceful at solving such problems if they they put their mind to it.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline maxx

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 10:14:13 am »
Shaun ask Peggy to find you a Serviced apartment for the four weeks.It isn't a big deal.That idea was presented to me by my wife and her mother.When we were talking about staying in China for a couple of months one time.When I added up the price of the serviced apartment.It was allot Cheaper then.A hotel would of ben for a month,

Arnold

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 11:13:27 am »
I know saying it isn't a big deal is easy , but it should not be one . This is just one of there Customs , so remember Maxx !! 24 .. ring ..ring ! Two to four weeks , that gives you two plenty of time to figure out the time/lenght of your next stay . So do stay calm and let Peggy handle this , which she will at the least amount of Money spend for the inconvinence it cause's . Look forward to seeing her again and not twell on .. oh now this . By the way Peggy's sister in-law is not crippled yet .
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 01:37:24 pm by Arnold »

shaun

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 01:31:39 pm »
I am sure Peggy is working on it.  We will see in about 6 1/2 hours.  I talked with her about a serviced apartment there in her building.  There is a hotel right across the street but she says it is not very good.  There is one about 3 blocks away.  I stayed there the first night in April.  It was pretty good.  180RMB a night.  But if her sister in-law needs her in the middle of the night I do not want her walking that far.  Hopefully there is a serviced apartment in the same building.

When I told Peggy 4 weeks could be reduced to 2 she was not very happy, motivated but not happy.  When all of this came to my attention I didn't need the 24 hour rule.  I started asking questions and she responded.  I hope I am getting a grip on their way of life and not showing very much frustration any more.

Arnold  what does, "Peggy's sister in-law not gripped yet," mean?

And yes I am looking forward to seeing her.  I can't wait.

Arnold

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 01:41:05 pm »
Quote from: 'shaun' pid='38665' dateline='1273858299'
Arnold  what does, "Peggy's sister in-law not gripped yet," mean?

Come now Shaun . You don't speak Kraut ? Crippled ! The " G " looked like a " C " or my CP is going down .:icon_cheesygrin:

shaun

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 06:14:28 pm »
Arnold.

Between you and me we can't spell the word.  :icon_cheesygrin:  I speak a little bit of a few languages including German.  Just enough to cause a fight in any language. :icon_cheesygrin:

Peggy's sister in-law is not crippled at all.  Every time we web chat I see that woman cleaning everything.  Hehe I think she is sneaking looks at me.  She is pretty good and English too.  I hear her quietly telling Peggy in the background what to say in English.  I begin laughing because Peggy gives it away by looking at her and trying to repeat what she says.  It is quite fun to watch.

ttwjr32

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 09:22:26 pm »
Shaun,

how far along is she in her pregnancy??  maybe if it is early stages she could go back to
her moms place for 4 weeks while you are there and come back a day or so before you
leave to go back home. that way someone can care for her and you and Peggy have your
time together:icon_cheesygrin: just a thought to run by Peggy. Peggy needs at least 4 weeks
to whip you into shape for being married to a chinese lady:icon_biggrin: two weeks isnt long
enough. lol!!!!!

shaun

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 10:11:03 pm »
Ted,

Last night Peggy said her sister in-law was 18 days pregnant. :huh:

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 10:41:19 pm »
Quote from: 'shaun' pid='38684' dateline='1273889463'

Ted,

Last night Peggy said her sister in-law was 18 days pregnant. :huh:

Ok so they celebrated May Day a few days early. :icon_cheesygrin:

How can women be so precise with these things.  I am sure her husband is home for more than one day a year!:angel:

By July she will not be three months!!!

Only one option I can see is to marry her in July and hope the sister is temporarily deaf as well as pregnant!!!!

Are you sure that this latest scenario is not heading to lead you in that direction?

Chinese women are very shrewd in that way.

Willy
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 10:41:54 pm by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

shaun

Re: 9 months?
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 08:08:57 pm »
Willy,

I am not sure of anything except the sister in-law is there and will be there when I arrive.  She will be there for the duration.  Right now Peggy's brother is there too.  But that is another story.  I do not think marriage in China is the plot.  I spoke with the sister who lives in the US.  They are set on her getting married is the US and Peggy usually follows their advice.

We are still discussing what to do.  Airline tickets are extremely high right now, more than double what I paid 4 months ago. We'll see how this works itself out.  :o  <<--Just had to try this one out.

Shaun
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:10:28 pm by shaun »