Author Topic: This is Different!  (Read 2771 times)

Offline zook144

This is Different!
« on: May 18, 2009, 11:23:33 pm »
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before. Since returning from China and deciding the lady I met was not the one, I decided to "test" the waters again. So I sent out  a few smiles to see what was what. Well i actually received a reply back that said something to the effect "the lady has viewed your profile and doesn't think you are a match". WOW...Ego buster.  Its ok, I appreciate the honesty. Just never had that happen before. Could it be a honest agency? Anyone else had that happen?
Don
The Journey Is The Destination

Vince G

RE: This is Different!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 11:34:23 pm »
Don, No, I can't recall anyone getting that but it's actually good. If she doesn't there are others, but at least they were honest and didn't have you paying for translator letters. I did get something like that a while back after a few letters she decided it wasn't going to work and that was fine too. I prefer the truth up front.

Offline maxx

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 12:41:48 am »
I have never heard of this eather.But like Vince said the women just saved you alot of money.I wouldn't worry about it and just move on.

Arnold

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 01:13:24 am »
Haha , Don .
That was the same Lady you have seen in Person , but a different Photo of her on the Profile . You know photoshop ?
So , she knew already , who you were .

Offline China Shark

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 01:23:24 am »
I agree that it is fortunate and she didn't string you along like so many others. I've gotten a few of those after stating in my letters I'm not going to stand for any shennigans with pen pals and major red flag wavers. Some of the ones that suddenly became disinterested after I called them to the carpet I suspect were translators words or scammers. Either way you still came out on top.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline stuart barlow

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 04:26:03 am »
Its funny how we take things for granted, we assume we are going to start writing to someone, as soon as we make initial contact,maybe chnlove have started to get their act together?
i wished i could have been there to see your reaction,i bet it was a real picture lol

Offline Danny

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 06:21:49 am »
I once got a letter saying after a few of my letters saying that, "I do think you are very nice, but I am not confident about our future." *laughs*

Offline Londoner

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 11:36:12 am »
I wonder whether the girls might be as organised as ourselves and have forum where they can blacklist those they consider to have treated them unkindly or unfairly! I asked the possible existence of such forums my ex and she actually said there are forums where the girls share their experiences.

Has anybody else asked their girl about this?

Torano

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 11:42:13 am »
I asked mine, she said no...............She only knew the girls through going to the agency or English classes.

Vince G

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 11:55:17 am »
I wonder whether the girls might be as organised as ourselves? Has anybody else asked their girl about this?

Some and Yes

They don't have a forum or anything like that but there are a few (as in 2 or 3) girls that do know each other. They might have been referred to chnlove by the other? I asked my lady if she knew others at the agency? She replied with, the only one she knows there is the translator, nobody else.

Arnold

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 12:10:31 pm »
Torano , my wife has MSN , but only to keep in contact with her friend's from Tokyo ( class-mates ) from her College year's . The only one she knows is our Translator , my two chinese Sister's and now Chong's beautiful bride soon to be . That's a Lady that has a Computer , which is not as common as in the west . I say , very unlikely they have a Forum to keep track of bad Agencies .

Paul Todd

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 06:02:46 pm »
I've just checked out the agency in Nanning's web site. They do have a forum but you have to be a lady member to view it. Don't know what goes on in there, but here's the link:-  http://www.msvipclub.com/  if you fancy any undercover work.

Vince G

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 06:38:17 pm »
That seems to be a forum (if there is one there? It's all chinese to me?) a agency forum so they're not going to have anything there saying they are ripoff's. It is possible it is an question and answer forum for the women that have a question for the agency.

Offline maxx

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 07:26:48 pm »
There is a bunch of different womens forums in China.They cover just about everything to do with having a foreign boyfriend or husband.

Iv'e never heard of a womens forums associated with Chnlove.Like somebody said there is not alot of computers in the average household.And I'm sure that the different agencies don't want the women talking to each other sharing notes about contracts and buissness practices between chinlove and the agencies.

Vince yes I'm sure all the different agencies have  web pages.But like you said if it has a forum.There isn't going to be any real sharing of information.Esspecialy the bad things about the agency.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 08:09:06 pm »
Yes there are a few forums out there for our ladies, not anything to do with Chinlove, but they do answer a lot of questions about boyfriends not only Laowie boyfriends one is 001 and that one has a lot of bull on it and then there is 004 and this one has a lot of good info on it for the ladies about the Visa process and what to expect, my Lao Po posts on 001 alot.
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS