Author Topic: Chinese Girl Writing About Chinese Girls  (Read 17994 times)

Offline Chong

Re: Chinese Girl Writing About Chinese Girls
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2010, 05:28:55 am »

As soon as a pretty face shows up on this site, the majority of posters here will fall over themselves to please her. It has happened before and has happened again. You can bet if Crystal wasn't a pretty female, we wouldn't be seeing "welcome threads" or posters rushing to her defence at the slightest critique of her blog, or giving her reputation points just because she is a woman. I am not sure why, and it is quite sad behaviour. But it is their choice. So if posters like you are going to leave over something like this, it will be a big loss to the forum.

That's a pretty shallow statement seagull. If you find an average looking Chinese middle age woman with lots of insight, we'll welcome her to the Forum also. Many of us 'welcoming' guys are already married or have a current lady. I, for one, have no related interest to read her blog. Her blog is information for newbies. And how exactly are we pleasing her ? What benefits have we given her ?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 05:34:28 am by Chong »

Offline seagull

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2010, 05:59:04 am »

As soon as a pretty face shows up on this site, the majority of posters here will fall over themselves to please her. It has happened before and has happened again. You can bet if Crystal wasn't a pretty female, we wouldn't be seeing "welcome threads" or posters rushing to her defence at the slightest critique of her blog, or giving her reputation points just because she is a woman. I am not sure why, and it is quite sad behaviour. But it is their choice. So if posters like you are going to leave over something like this, it will be a big loss to the forum.

That's a pretty shallow statement seagull. If you find an average looking Chinese middle age woman with lots of insight, we'll welcome her to the Forum also. Many of us 'welcoming' guys are already married or have a current lady. I, for one, have no related interest to read her blog. Her blog is information for newbies. And how exactly are we pleasing her ? What benefits have we given her ?

The only thing that is shallow is the behaviour of some of the posters, if it was a male who wrote the blog, it certainly would not attract the same sort of fanfare and attention from posters on this site. But each to their own. If people want to behave that way, it's their perogative. I'm not criticising them for it. All I was trying to do is convey to David E that I can understand his frustration and was hoping that valued contributor to this forum is not going to leave just because of this.

Offline Philip

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2010, 06:24:02 am »
The value of this forum to me is in providing information, mainly via people's personal experiences, but also via people's personal opinions. I'm sorry to have to break it to you, David, but it is not a forum for serious intellectual debate.
For example, if someone says that they have encountered x number of people over x number of years from a particular country and they extrapolate from this that they don't think the whole nation or group of people are trustworthy, that is just an opinion. Plus if that person doesn't trust surveys or statistics, just their own anecdotal experience, it remains just an opinion. What is does not constitute is an intellectual argument, by any stretch of the imagination. For that you need evidence to back up your argument, some intellectual rigour, rather than 'I just know'.
There is a reason the Mods are careful about politics and religion on this forum. Opinions and beliefs tend to fly about as if they are facts. No, they are only opinions and beliefs.
Is it really true that we are all falling over ourselves in adulation over Crystal's blog? Are all of us, with all our wealth of experience, being scammed by a pretty Chinese lady? Oh no! All of us have failed to learn the lessons of this forum. We are all going to go back to Chnlove and get scammed by a translator! Damn. Do you see how dangerous it is to generalise, rather than just give your opinion? Or maybe you genuinely believe that we have all been taken in. If you do, perhaps there is another forum for you, one which provides the unique brand of intellectual content you are looking for.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2010, 02:51:47 am »

The only thing that is shallow is the behaviour of some of the posters, if it was a male who wrote the blog, it certainly would not attract the same sort of fanfare and attention from posters on this site. But each to their own. If people want to behave that way, it's their perogative. I'm not criticising them for it. All I was trying to do is convey to David E that I can understand his frustration and was hoping that valued contributor to this forum is not going to leave just because of this.

I was not going to comment on this thread but I feel I should now.  Seagull, you are being hypocritical in your statement. Don't say you are not criticising some posting members when you have done nothing other than criticise them for their actions.

David E seems to be upset for another reason. Something about someone trying to make money on their website from a connection to us, and us being encouraged to contribute to the website thus generating more money. I don't see a problem with contributing to her website.  Making money from it may be a different story. I do not know how this works exactly so I will stop here on this.

My understanding is that this forum was created for western men searching for an asian wife to find help in understanding her mind, understanding her culture, the way the reputable agencies work, the scams that the agencies use to make money from you, support when your relationship falls apart...etc. etc. etc. My goal is to find an asian woman to be my wife. I do not care from whom the help comes from when I post something here asking for help with my situation. I will not care if it is a man or a woman, someone with a 280 IQ or a 2.8 IQ, the Dalai Lama or Larry Flynt, if the help lets me succeed in my quest then so be it.

As for being nice, cordial, falling over myself to greet a new female member, thats the way I am.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Chong

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2010, 07:19:00 am »
... if it was a male who wrote the blog, it certainly would not attract the same sort of fanfare and attention from posters on this site.

On the contrary, we should have more blogs from male members such as Martin's & Arnold's. Several other members started blogs about their trips but stopped. Blogs are a person's dairy about their life & perspective outlook, who are we to criticize what they write whether it's useful or useless information.

I would welcome any man's blog about his marriage to a Chinese lady. It would be valuable to this Forum.

Offline RegnisTheGreat

• www.secretasianman.ca
    • http://www.secretasianman.ca
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2010, 07:23:33 am »
I have a domain registered already but my layout sucks. So if I can get someone's basic help with layout then I'd appreciate it.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2010, 09:46:09 am »
I have a domain registered already but my layout sucks. So if I can get someone's basic help with layout then I'd appreciate it.

RegnisTheGreat,

Maybe I should not say this but, why not PM Crystal  and ask her for help with the lay out. Sure Arnold and Martin could help you out but she is much better looking! Hahaha!  ;D

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Arnold

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2010, 03:38:21 pm »
Regnis , I've started my Blog as a suggestion from Chong way back and I did not know too much about my PC at that time yet . I just clicked on this and that and now have a nice looking Blog ( I hope ) . The main reason for my blog was because of my Book , I'm planning to finish someday and to keep it all on paper and safe for later . I love also to just go back and kind of look at the long road I have traveled to be where I'm now . It might help other's in some way , but it is mainly for me not to ever forget to appreciate what I have and the help I also received from some of the Member's here .. especially Maxx and along with some other's .
I am really sad to see many of the other Blog's go to the wayside for some reason or another , like Irish's .. after meeting Sunny last Trip .. it stopped . I love to read other's experience's , if it's only for entertainment or to add something to my knowledge to help Qing and myself to better our Marriage .. if that's possible .

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2010, 03:52:43 pm »
Irishman made a couple posts, and then he forgot he had a computer...I have no idea what could have been occupying his mind while he was in China.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2010, 06:13:29 pm »
Haha!, I really should update that one day :)
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2010, 11:56:18 pm »
We understand you have been busy lately Irishman. When this site is set up and running smooth we will expect it to be updated though.  8)

Dave C

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2010, 09:56:53 am »
Irishman made a couple posts, and then he forgot he had a computer...I have no idea what could have been occupying his mind while he was in China.

Computer,.... Beautiful woman,..... computer..... beautiful woman.....????

Hehe it's a no brainer...

ttwjr32

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2010, 11:02:57 pm »
busy planning his trip in sept for the big event