Author Topic: An Old Flame Rekindled?  (Read 5635 times)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
Re: An Old Flame Rekindled?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 02:54:20 pm »
Vince,

There is an option to send a copy of the letter to your email but I only started doing this with the woman I was writing to after her. I had read in a thread somewhere that they may be useful in proving how long the relationship has been going on. (may be needed for immigration) I will see what CHN says about this.

Dave C

This part is true.  Citizenship and immigration Canada wants to see the relationship progressing, and to prove this, you need proof of communication.  Save all e-mails, QQ/MSN/Yahoo Chat/Whatever chat logs, phone records, pictures, etc.  They will come in handy later.  Also, if you are feeling pretty confident about the relationship, it might not hurt to start printing them, as it is a big job later.  I printed them all at once, and the printer has not forgiven me for it.

ttwjr32

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 07:09:54 pm »
  Dave,
i know its still in the early stages with the lady you have reconnected to but i
wanted to send my best wishes for success for the two of you.   you cant fault
her for talking with a few men as many of the men really dont live up to what
they talk about nor do they visit them. but she was honest with you which is a
big plus and the road has lead back to you. what city is she in?  maybe we can meet
up on your visit here

Ted

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 07:59:03 pm »
Ted,

Yes, I did not fault her for the mistake that was made. I will see how things progress with her. I still wrote to the younger woman, YanLing, last night too. I did this before deciding to write back to the old flame, Michelle. YanLing is in Guangzhou and Michelle is in Chengdu. I do not fault her for writing to others either. Like I said, it was stupid of me to assume that I would be the only man she would be writing to. I was a rookie at this at that time.

Ted there is a very good chance that we will meet sometime in china. I will keep you posted on any travel plans that I make for china. Jack Links right? Any particular flavor? They had some fantastic beef and pork jerky in Singapore that I have been craving for the past couple months!

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 10:06:44 pm »
Hey Dave,

I'm pretty sure there is an asian supermarket in Windsor... See if they have any Soo Jerky.  Not quite as fresh, but if you're craving...

BTW, I'm sure you can recognise it.  It has a Merlion as part of it's logo.  ;D
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 12:58:38 am »
Mustfocus,

That bacon jerky in Singapore was sooooooo gooooood!!! I can still smell it and taste it! There is a Vietnamese market close to me here. (about 6 or 8 blocks away) I think there is an asian one near the university too. I will look in a couple days.  :o 8) :D

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 02:32:30 pm »
I got a reply from Michelle this morning. I am still evaluating her reply in my mind. She did say that "she would not imagine how we could communicate with other ways due to her poor english." Like I said earlier, she does have a video on her profile. She says 3 lines in english and they are not perfect. Yes I understand it is only 3 lines and you cannot deduce that she can speak english from it. The point I am making is that she is trying. Making an effort.

In the letter she tells me that she did meet a western man but he did not want to get married. Why write EMF letters for several months and then travel half way around the world to meet a woman but not have any intention of marriage? Yes, there is the fact that he may have just wanted to add another notch in his belt by bedding her. My intuition tells me there may be more to this than she is saying.

Given the fact that she may have dropped the other guy because he had no intention of marriage and the fact that she went to the trouble and cost of having a video on her profile where she can be heard speaking english I am finding it hard to believe that she is really unwilling to try to communicate with me by other means. There may be some other things in this letter that lead me to believe it is the translator talking and not her. Has anybody had dealings with agency P203, Sichuan Yitong Overseas Matchmaking Co. Ltd. in Chengdu?

I will continue writing to her but I will proceed with caution for now.

Dave C
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 02:37:10 pm by Bee964 »

ttwjr32

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 05:47:13 pm »
what about asking for direct email contact? they do have translating on their computers. and it would be a
good way to test her theory on how you can communicate. and see how it goes. just a thought

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 10:12:46 pm »
Mustfocus,

That bacon jerky in Singapore was sooooooo gooooood!!! I can still smell it and taste it! There is a Vietnamese market close to me here. (about 6 or 8 blocks away) I think there is an asian one near the university too. I will look in a couple days.  :o 8) :D

Dave C

If not, let me know if you're passing through Toronto next and I'll guide you to a supermarket.  I'll even take you to the dumpling king's favourite hotspot (Table 10)...
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 10:56:22 pm »
Sorry...somewhere in the rules it states that I also have to be present at table 10.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2010, 11:05:24 pm »
You and Alison are also welcome.  And Zhi Fang as well... First round is on me.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 11:16:21 pm »
Martin - I am sure the guys will like it if you bring them a Present  ;D

Muuumm....presents and dumplings
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 11:19:41 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 11:26:58 pm »
Bee...glad to see you have your eyes open, and you are taking your time with this.  Better to go with the side of caution, and be sure about yourself, than run in and get burned.  Good for you.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2010, 11:28:14 pm »
what about asking for direct email contact? they do have translating on their computers. and it would be a
good way to test her theory on how you can communicate. and see how it goes. just a thought
Ted,

I did ask her for regular emails too. I checked this just to be sure. All the pictures on her profile are the same as when we were writing to each other last year. I will ask for a couple new ones that are everyday ones and see what her responce is. I got a feeling it will be the generic answer too, "I don't have a camera." She has a cell phone and I have not seen a cell phone whithout a camera in a long time. I will keep you posted on this.

Martin, Mustfocus,

I will be going through the area this weekend. Probably next weekend too. Canada day weekend also. I will probably stay at my friends place in Richmond Hill some of this time. I will PM you my cell phone number.

Dave C

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 11:35:50 pm »
I wish you guys the best endeavor - And Bee best of luck with your quest on finding your queen bee. No need to rush to make her your Honey but play it nice and slow as it seems to be your game plan  8)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 11:41:17 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2010, 11:45:22 pm »
I wish you guys the best endeavor - And Bee best of luck with your quest on finding your queen bee. No need to rush to make her your Honey but play it nice and slow as it seems to be your game plan  8)

Yes Rhonald. I want to avoid any sticky situations with any honey.

Dave C