Author Topic: Hong Kong to Guangzhou  (Read 1934 times)

Martin

Hong Kong to Guangzhou
« on: May 19, 2009, 04:10:18 pm »
OK...has anyone travelled from HK International to Guangzhou?  I am looking for a fast easy way to get to GZ.  The train seems to be out, as my plane lands at 6:55 pm, and the last train is not long after that.

So that leaves me the bus or the ferry.  I can't seem to find where the ferry goes to GZ.  Chong gave me a link, but I did not see GZ listed as a destination.  The bus looks good, but I have no idea as to how long the travel is.

And then...bus or ferry...where in the airport do i pick these things up?  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
RE: Hong Kong to Guangzhou
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 08:39:25 pm »
The bus will be a long journey, Lings home town is about half way to HK in a straight line and took about 3 hours..so count on about 5 hours or more on a noisy bus where the driver is constantly beeping his horn or being beeped at = impossible to sleep.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline China Shark

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 06:09:13 am »
Martin the bus is the only real or practical way to go. Take a taxi or taxi limo to the Hong Kong China mainland border, go through customs one more time into Shenzhen where your best bet would be to grab a local cab to the bus station in Shenzhen. There you can grab a non stop bus to Guangzhou that is a 90 minute ride if there is no traffic at all. There is no fast or easy way of doing anything in China so once you get in that mindset you'll be fine. If I remember correctly the busfare to Guangzhou was 120 rmbs each way. I traved from Shenzhen to Guangzhou and it's no big deal. Only real problem you might encounter is navigating your way around the bus station, it's friggen huge. Also, make sure you have your electronic translator handy for emergencies with cab drivers or bus drivers etc.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline Okie_Rob

• ???
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 09:38:23 am »
Martin, from Hong Kong airport take red taxi to Sheung Shui Station.  You will have to purchase a train ticket, cost $20 HK dollars to Lo Wu(LouHu) border crossing.  Taxi ride with tolls cost me $320 HK dollars.

After getting off short train ride, then you have two immigrration and customs to go through.  HK and then Mainland Chian.  After that you will walk into Mainland China, and will be at the Shenzhen Train station area, but there are taxies available....and then just do as Michale has suggested, take one to the Bus Station :D

just remember when comming back to HK airport, just do the reverse, but when you get off train at Sheng Shui Station, cross back over the oposite way that you get off the train, or other side of track, that is where the red taxi's are....if you do not cross back over,  you will only see green taxi, and they cannot take you to the HK airport
"USA, Wise Up!"  "美国,明智了! " "China has" " 中国有"

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 02:26:33 pm »
My girl wants me to fly from Hong Kong to Guangzhou and she'll pick me up there.  That might be an option for you Martin.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 03:53:57 pm »
Yea, Dinger.  Have Neils girl pick you up.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 04:24:04 pm »
:@ Hands off!
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline China Shark

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 08:51:30 pm »
Actually Martin flying is relatively cheap here so it might actually be a lot cheaper to buy the ticket in country. I flew from Yangshou, Guilin to Shenzhen for 700 rmbs. A little under a hundred bucks.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 05:25:48 am »
The train to Guangzhou is high speed, they have a speedometer in every carriage which is cool. It was doing 180kmph most of the way. Only took about 1.5 hours and was very comfortable and only about 200rmb i think.
Wouldn't bother with the plane to be honest, the train ride is just as fast overall, cheaper and more comfortable.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 05:26:03 am by Irishman »
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 08:01:56 am »
Just so long as Martin has a multiple entry visa , as he wanders between HongKong and over the border several times between the taxis and the train station and the Airport , I would prefer to walk the concourse jump another plane and inside an hour be in his better halfs arms .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info