Author Topic: I spoke with Beijing today !!  (Read 1864 times)

Offline daghoi

I spoke with Beijing today !!
« on: July 04, 2010, 11:13:58 am »

I spoke with my girlfriend in Beijing today through MSN. Sooo great to hear her voice again   ;D. I gave her the tour of my appartment and showed her the view from the balcony with the help of the web cam on my laptop. Can't wait until she get her web cam in place. The voice quality was perfect, just like being there. (I have experienced less quality within a company's own infrastructur).

;D :) :D 8)

Anyway just wanted to share, have a nice week to come.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
Re: I spoke with Beijing today !!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 04:32:01 pm »
That is super Daghoi,

I feel so close and real with my girlfriend when we webcam, she will soon be my wife :)

Real relationships have real face to face communication :)
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

ttwjr32

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 09:03:26 pm »
thats great seeing each other on webcam is really a nice experience and helps the relationship grow
i am in bejing now enjoying her city and if she has any great places to go that the locals seem to go to
away from all the tourist traps tell her to let me know as i have the days to myself as my wife works
and have been exploring the city

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 09:33:19 pm »
Awesome news!  It is so hard to not be with our loved ones.  At least you have this avenue available to you.

Paul Todd

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 12:26:28 am »
Don't you just love the 21st century!

I remember when my now wife and I use to web cam everyday. I would even put on a clean shirt for the occasion! Defiantly the next best thing to being beside her,watching her laugh and smile was  the highlight of my day. Enjoy yourselves.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 02:50:57 am »
Don't you just love the 21st century!

I would even put on a clean shirt for the occasion!

It always seems to come down to the shirts! It was one of those classy flowered shirts that everyone is raving about here right Paul?

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Paul Todd

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 06:08:31 am »
Yes Dave your right, it's shirts or squat toilets here. I do in fact have more than one of those classic "surfs up"  flowery shirts. In my defence I did do a bit of surfing back in the day down in Cornwall and I do like the Beach Boy's!!
Here in China I've not yet quite found the right occasion to wear them. Hmmm, let me think Hang 10 shirt,Quicksilver board shorts and flip flops I get stared at enough in land locked Baoding I don't need to give them an excuse!!!!
Still I hope to catch up with surfer Ted in the next couple of weeks, so who knows.

ttwjr32

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 10:20:21 am »
looking forward to meeting you and Ming in the upcoming weeks. i wear the flowery shirts and the beer shirts and the car shirts and
so on and so on because for 30 years in the corporate culture i had to wear the finest suits because of my position and quite frankly
i like the comfortable loose look of the shirts and jeans. dont wear flip flops because of the last incident were it took my foot a month to heal
but i like the comfy wear look. So you see Dave C thats my excuse for wearing them it is not all about a fashion statement  hahahhaha

Paul  the good old beach boys, beatles,early stones jefferson airplane jerry garcia   hahaha what a great period in time that these youngsters
        missed. i never surfed but did get drunk and slept on the beach  ah the good old days we didnt know how good we had it

Offline daghoi

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 06:05:28 pm »
thats great seeing each other on webcam is really a nice experience and helps the relationship grow
i am in bejing now enjoying her city and if she has any great places to go that the locals seem to go to
away from all the tourist traps tell her to let me know as i have the days to myself as my wife works
and have been exploring the city

You are probably well covered with suggestions from the other post. A place that  is often forgotten is  "Old Summer Palace". It is not far from the "Summer Palace", just a short taxi ride if i remember correct. It is a large park area like the "regular" Summer Palace. The actuall palace was destroyed by the French and British in 1860. My girlfriend told me that she has friends that get angry when this is spoken about. This still hold some symbolic value (at least for some people) about foreign agression against China.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Summer_Palace