Author Topic: Re-post of long distance relationships  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
Re-post of long distance relationships
« on: July 14, 2010, 09:56:57 pm »
This is a repost of a URL that Neil posted back in Sept 2009.  I thought it was pretty relevant to re-post it again.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Long-Distance-Relationship-Work

Offline Crystal Tao

• Chongqing girl forever
    • LoveLoveChina
Re: Re-post of long distance relationships
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 05:58:31 am »
These are very good tips.
I am happy that me and my boyfriend followed most of them (when living apart).
We have elaborated our own plan of communication at that time.
Since we had a five hours difference - every day he was getting one hour earlier than usually before going to work, and immediately logged into MSN. I at that time was having a lunch break (hope my ex-boss won't know it  ;D) and so we had 30-60 minutes of daily chat even in weekdays.
Additionally, EVERY DAY I was writing him an e-mail before going to bed, and he did the same: only he was reading it after coming home from work, and I was reading his mail in the morning  :)
Funny, when in the Ministry of Internal Affairs we had to bring our correspondence - in the end we only attached snapshots of "printscreens" from MailBox dashboard showing HUNDREDS of mail titles to each other :P
LoveLoveChina is my blog about Chinese girls.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 02:38:55 pm »
I speak with my lady at 00.30am - 04.30am...Just as she starts morning work (Office).then from 12.00pm - 2.pm EVERYDAY...(Her Evening)
There is a 7 hour time difference
Now, I spend an hour speaking of 'that' time is spent 'talking' with 'my new son'

She is OVERJOYED at this...

It is funny, I know we rehash many thingss but it helps with our understanding of each other... :D  And obviousy brings us that much closer.  We talk about our hopes, dreams problems, everything. and have made many important decisions about things like 'our' sons school work and other 'problems'.  It helps us to 'THINK' together as a marriad couple...

ttwjr32

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 12:16:25 am »
some good posts in the article like posts--- 1,3,6,8,10,11,

you should really try to do these as they are important aspects when starting out